[TSL] Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack

On a more serious note, will this be capable of handling more civs, if they increase that infamous cap of 22?

Well, it's already capable of that. I mean it won't need an update if they increase it.

Yep, Firaxis has badly done as for the other CS they've replaced, instead of giving then a new type, they've used the old one : the CS type "MINOR_CIV_SEOUL" now has the text of Kathmandu...

When I got some times to update, I'll restore Seoul's text and add a new type for Kathmandu.

well, then I must remember that MINOR_CIV_SEOUL is not Seoul, cause there isn't anything in the game code that will show it, except if I go and check the TXT_ entries...

Same for all CS they have already replaced that way.

And if they've corrected it in G&K (one can hope), then I'll have to change back.

I really find it cleaner to add a MINOR_CIV_KATHMANDU entry.

Yep, it work the other way around, if Korea is in, Seoul won't be.

I've not updated the mod recently, for the previous CS that were changed, I've done a SQL check to completely remove them from the game if the corresponding DLC was detected.

I don't know what would be the better. First option allow to fill an empty space on the map if Korea is not selected, but if Korea is in and the player asked for 30 CS placed on the map, he will get only 29 when Seoul will be discarded at start.

Second option will leave empty space on the map when the corresponding civs are not selected (with the 22 limit, it can happen - except in Europe ;) ), but the number of CS is strictly respected.

Ideal option would be to allow the player to select exactly which CS to load when launching the game, but that may be too much work to implement it. (currently if you have a choice of 41 CS, and you ask for 30 in game they are chosen randomly by the engine, and the mod is cleaning duplicate starting position after loading)

This probably hasn't been solved, but is there a way to stop the constant crashes every few turns after turn 300 or so for the Giant Earth map? I meet all the recommendations so I dont know if it's the workers or something else.

This probably hasn't been solved, but is there a way to stop the constant crashes every few turns after turn 300 or so for the Giant Earth map? I meet all the recommendations so I dont know if it's the workers or something else.

I have exactly the same problem, I tried to delete the cache files ( .db) it did make the game last longer but crashed again.

it's been a while since I tried but i think i have the same problem with other mods too. if not all of them.

Hi I have problem, i read whole thread and cant find solution. I try to start with England everything load fine but problem is i am no at location when UK should be. I tried to reinstall and everything but every time i am at different location on Earth

tnx for help
sry for bad eng :D

Hi I have problem, i read whole thread and cant find solution. I try to start with England everything load fine but problem is i am no at location when UK should be. I tried to reinstall and everything but every time i am at different location on Earth

tnx for help

Do you have the same problem with other civs ? Ottoman German etc.
Do you start the game as instructed by Gedemon ?

- find the "Yet not Another Earth Maps Pack" line and activate the mod.
- from the mod section, go to single player and then to custom game
- do not use the classic set up game option, to get the new advanced setup menu, you must go in custom game, then select Yet (not) Another Earth Maps and click on Load Mod

Hope it Helps :)

Will you be updating how to select your civs in custom game settings for G&K? I have all the DLCs right now and the list is too long to select the bottom civ, once the 9 new Civs are added even people without any DLCs will have this problem.

Do you have the same problem with other civs ? Ottoman German etc.
Do you start the game as instructed by Gedemon ?

- find the "Yet not Another Earth Maps Pack" line and activate the mod.
- from the mod section, go to single player and then to custom game
- do not use the classic set up game option, to get the new advanced setup menu, you must go in custom game, then select Yet (not) Another Earth Maps and click on Load Mod

Hope it Helps :)

yeh I did all that and nothing helped

tnx for help
Do you have the latest patch installed ?

this mod won't work with earlier version of civ5.

try to clear your cache folder else, see here.

if it still doesn't work, see the first page and post your lua.log, thanks.

Will you be updating how to select your civs in custom game settings for G&K? I have all the DLCs right now and the list is too long to select the bottom civ, once the 9 new Civs are added even people without any DLCs will have this problem.
hmm, isn't there already a scroll-bar on that list ? :think:

yes I deleted
I am trying to find how I can patch to latest update but I cant find it anywhere :S

yes I deleted
I am trying to find how I can patch to latest update but I cant find it anywhere :S

Which version of the game do you have now ? when you start the game you can see the version number on the main screen at the bottom.

I did not find anywhere to Download the patch Either, but it says thats it's automatic update in steam, if you Have steam online it should be updated, I have version 1.0.1.511

and which version of the MOD do you have?

hmm, isn't there already a scroll-bar on that list ? :think:

There is, but the very bottom civ can't be clicked on when choosing a human civ because it extends off the bottom of the screen. This isn't a problem when choosing AI civs since they have a smaller box to scroll through, as of right now I can't choose Mongolia since it's at the bottom of the list

I have a simular problem choosing China in vanilla's advanced setup, but I can just choose them in the simple map setup then go advanced, unfortunatly YNAEMP only has advanced setup so any that go offscreen become unselectable

Has Giant Earth Map been updated so it doesn't crash anymore???

Top Bottom