[TSL] Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack

There is, but the very bottom civ can't be clicked on when choosing a human civ because it extends off the bottom of the screen. This isn't a problem when choosing AI civs since they have a smaller box to scroll through, as of right now I can't choose Mongolia since it's at the bottom of the list

I have a simular problem choosing China in vanilla's advanced setup, but I can just choose them in the simple map setup then go advanced, unfortunatly YNAEMP only has advanced setup so any that go offscreen become unselectable
I'll look at that then, thanks for the precision.

Has Giant Earth Map been updated so it doesn't crash anymore???
Sadly it's the game engine that need an update there. Maybe the update to G&K will do.

Or we need to shrink the giant map to huge size only... But there's already the huge earth map...

When Rhyes will release the Earth map he has made for civ5's RFC then I'll add it to the pack, it will be a great compromise.

Sadly it's the game engine that need an update there. Maybe the update to G&K will do.

Or we need to shrink the giant map to huge size only... But there's already the huge earth map...

When Rhyes will release the Earth map he has made for civ5's RFC then I'll add it to the pack, it will be a great compromise.

GEM was tremendous fun, just had to save like every three turns. Most times though I'd get into the game and forget. :lol: It was just a bit frustrating. I do hope the G&K update fixes the issue.

Is there any way to make the Huge sized map scenario use more than 1.5/1.6GB Ram on 64 bit Windows 7? I'm running quad core i5 @3.4 which never maxes out and 8GB system memory and it seems like Civ V could be using more resources and thus running better?

Every time I start a new game, a large number of City States are being conquered. I just started a new game I have running in the background, and 11 of the 18 CS's I selected have all been conquered on the first turn? Is there any way to stop this from happening?

Is there any way to make the Huge sized map scenario use more than 1.5/1.6GB Ram on 64 bit Windows 7? I'm running quad core i5 @3.4 which never maxes out and 8GB system memory and it seems like Civ V could be using more resources and thus running better?
I don't think there's a way to do that ATM.

Every time I start a new game, a large number of City States are being conquered. I just started a new game I have running in the background, and 11 of the 18 CS's I selected have all been conquered on the first turn? Is there any way to stop this from happening?

Yep, see :

Try using one of the City-States mod from OP, they are more evenly dispersed across the map and/or use the minimal distance placement for CS (or use "don't check", but I don't recommend it, some settlers will be placed so close of another CS that they'll never be able to found their city.)

I'm having a problem where every unit is doubled. It look fine on land, but on sea units it looks weird because two ships are combined.

Ok, Gedemon or anyone. I have tried to start your mod again, but all my city states are being conquered from the outset. How do I stop this from hapening? I remember I had this problem before, but fixed it. I cannot remember how though.

This time I am going with the huge map rather than the giant earth. Hopefully it works better.

Wait a minute the CSs that are not being used are auto conquered. I am on a huge map w/ 21 civs, but only 12 CSs spread apart at medium distance. This way my civs should have a bit more room to expand. So far things are going along very nicely. I am playing as America.

I see that the giant earth map crash is happening for everyone. Is there any way to prevent it? I notice that it always happens after I end my turn.

I see that the giant earth map crash is happening for everyone. Is there any way to prevent it? I notice that it always happens after I end my turn.

Try to use the huge map instead. Gedemon says the game engine is in need of an update. I am using the huge earth, it has enlarged Europe. It seems to work so far without crashing. The other things is that it will run faster on my pc.

Yes, try the huge map if the giant is not working for you.

If you experiment crashes with the Giant earth from this mod, another giant size map will make the game crash the same way.

Solution if you wan't to play the giant map (providing your computer allows you to start a game with it) is either to play fast games, or to use mods that will lower the number of units/cities/improvement/workers.

Having my attention on other mods, I've not played a long game on the giant earth since a long time, but I was able to reach turns 200+ on my computer. After that, random crashes and reloading time make it difficult to go on.

Making a gameplay mod to help the use of the giant map is still on my todo list. With a lot of other stuffs for my mods. (All may be linked together in the end...)

Yes, try the huge map if the giant is not working for you.

If you experiment crashes with the Giant earth from this mod, another giant size map will make the game crash the same way.

Solution if you wan't to play the giant map (providing your computer allows you to start a game with it) is either to play fast games, or to use mods that will lower the number of units/cities/improvement/workers.

Having my attention on other mods, I've not played a long game on the giant earth since a long time, but I was able to reach turns 200+ on my computer. After that, random crashes and reloading time make it difficult to go on.

Making a gameplay mod to help the use of the giant map is still on my todo list. With a lot of other stuffs for my mods. (All may be linked together in the end...)

Guys, I play the giant variant totally fine. Every once in a while I have a crash, but they're fairly rare, and I save often so I can always load from save if it crashes/freezes.

What I've found, to reduce crashing, is that lowering the auto-save frequency can help. I dropped it to every 25 turns.

Also, I ALWAYS enable "new random seed" now. I used to have issues with a game crashing at the SAME turn over and over, no matter how many times I loaded from save. I worked it out that for some reason, the worker units often mess with the game. If you're diligent enough, you can find the culprit worker (lot of experimentation and potentially more crashes) by disabling one at a time or even deleting it.

But new random seed makes this issue happen WAY less. It still might happen, but now you know how to fix it.

This crashing bug is clearly a game engine problem - I've had it happen on vanilla maps too.

Also, if you have a weak computer, playing the giant variant is not recommended. I'm running on an i7 920 @ 4.0GHz, 12GB DDR3 1691 RAM, and recently a GeForce GTX 680 SC+ (previously a Radeon HD 5870). And even I have to wait some time between turns and endure a crash out of the blue.

But it's certainly manageable, and I play with everything maxed out at 1920x1200, with 45 city states set at minimum distances (only TSL), and large resource deposits.

Makes for some seriously AMAZING games. I've finished games as India, Korea, Rome, and the Aztecs so far, and gotten most of the way through with Germany, Songhai, Japan, Egypt, and Arabia.

Yeah, the problem is definitely game engine related. I have a pretty decent setup (although not as good as PR0927 :D) and I still get crashes every 20-30 turns. I have autosave setup for every turn so I might have to try changing that and manually saving instead if that helps.

I find my crashes happen when the game has to process a lot of different info between turns. My worst culprit is leader messages. I had a game on the Huge map crash when every leader in Europe/Asia/Africa declared war on me in the same turn and again when they all tried to make peace in the same turn.

It is really a shame that the game engine is so poorly built that well-built new pcs with high-end hardware can't handle it.

hmm, I can add an optional custom autosave at the end of each turn (before the AIs do their moves), and see if this one is more stable than the vanilla autosave :think:

It needs to fix bugs cause I was playing china (awesome) but on turn 52 it completely froze I couldn't even save I did have not another city state mod on and that's it. and like almost if not all city states showed were conquered before I could even build my capital city and that happened with and without not another city-state mod which really sucks.

It needs to fix bugs cause I was playing china (awesome) but on turn 52 it completely froze I couldn't even save I did have not another city state mod on and that's it. and like almost if not all city states showed were conquered before I could even build my capital city and that happened with and without not another city-state mod which really sucks.

See above for the crash, and below for the CS.

Try using one of the City-States mod from OP, they are more evenly dispersed across the map and/or use the minimal distance placement for CS (or use "don't check", but I don't recommend it, some settlers will be placed so close of another CS that they'll never be able to found their city.)

I'll add a dead notification remover with next version, the mod has not changed the way it remove city states since it's release, but a recent firaxis patch has made the game warning you when any civ/CS is removed from the game, even if you haven't meet them.

Before they were removed silently, so no one complained... Let's restore it that way :D

(and I don't wan't to make the use of a dispersed CS mod mandatory, users should have the choice)

Read my post above. Also, what mods are you using? These are mine, for reference:

http://www.reddit.com/r/civ/comments/sn3rt/what_v_mods_do_you_use/c4ffql2

I was playing on huge earth and there is too much close city spamming going on. Never mind I found the min city range under rules changes and changed the rules again. I changed min city range to 4, better for battles. Especially because my units get 20 HP. The AI seems to be tougher and it does retreat hurt units. Archers can take more of a pounding as well. Now to start a new game.

This mod reinitialize and change 3 resources table : Resource_TerrainBooleans, Resource_FeatureTerrainBooleans, and Resource_FeatureBooleans. Any mod updating those tables should be loaded after this one.

How do you specify load order when using multiple mods?

Hey, i think this mod is awesome, but it doesnt work for me. It happens that when i start a new game starting with custom game (not having other mods on) i lose on very 1st turn. It doesnt start game, it just says i lost xD wth is the problem? no crash no nothing. i tryed with smaller maps no CS etc but nothing. Thx!

Top Bottom