[TSL] Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack

And America? I thought you deliberately put Washington DC at the spot for Philadelphia, because that was considered the US capital before Washington was built?

Honolulu is also on the wrong island, but clearly this was done for fairness purposes, else you start with a three-tile island (though being Polynesia you're already able to embark immediately, so it's not too bad).

Looking forward to a BNW update during the summer - you're intending to do so, right Gedemon?

And America? I thought you deliberately put Washington DC at the spot for Philadelphia, because that was considered the US capital before Washington was built?
I've redrawn a part of the east coast in next version, having both Chesapeake and Delaware Bay as coast tiles was distorting the map too much in the area. USA starting position will be Washington.

Is there any chance of a large earth map? Huge is too big for my computer to handle (largely(haha pun)), and standard is a bit small for my liking.
Is there a large earth map available ?

Honolulu is also on the wrong island, but clearly this was done for fairness purposes, else you start with a three-tile island (though being Polynesia you're already able to embark immediately, so it's not too bad).

Looking forward to a BNW update during the summer - you're intending to do so, right Gedemon?
Yep, BNW update is planned.

Is there a large earth map available ?

Yes, but it doesn't have the advanced setup options, and it doesn't have an aura of Gedemon about it.

I'm not too fussed anymore, I just upgraded to 64-bit and unleashed all my 8 gigs of RAM, so I'll probably be able to handle huge maps now.

EDIT: Oh, you mean, one to include in the mod? I currently use Play the World G&K via Terra Nostra.

Civ fanatics: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=414481
Workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=126121882

Is it normal that there's no bananas or oranges?
Wondering if it's this mod or something else I have that might be screwing it up.

EDIT: Oh, you mean, one to include in the mod? I currently use Play the World G&K via Terra Nostra.

Civ fanatics: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=414481
Workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=126121882
Yep I mean that :D

Well, I'll directly ask Rhye if I can use his civ5 version for YnAEMP...

Gedemon is the DLL 43 civs will be possible?
Maybe, we'll see when BNW is out... (and the source released !)

Is it normal that there's no bananas or oranges?
Wondering if it's this mod or something else I have that might be screwing it up.
On which map ? (and you mean citrus ?)

Can you post your lua.log ? (see how to enable logging)

I want to love this game so much-- played Civ 2 for years and thousands of hours. But this is just horrible. No true start on Earth map, as there was in Civ 2. And you can't even see the name of your city before you make it, like in civ 2.

I download this, and NONE of my opponents start where they are supposed to. I play as the Egyptians and the Americans spawn under me... Yea... Really not having any fun in this game. Anyone else have this problem?

nevermind, i figured out the problem-- City States!!!!!!!!!!

Had no idea they just added random civs into the game. wow!!!!!!! no wonder i hated civ 5. turned them off and it's a great game!!

Hi,just started a new game with this mod on huge earth and im having an isssue where my pantheon is not giving me the bonus, I have oral tradition but plantation is producing no culture. Do you think this is a issue with the mod?

Yes.

And to help you waiting for it, here is a small update:

v.18 (May 12, 2013)
- Add City-States TSL for cordiform earth map (thanks to Ekmek)
- Edit Large European map (add sub-Sahara) & add Songhai TSL.
- Small edit to the Giant Earth map near Persia starting position and North-america.
- Small change for compatibility with "Historical Spawn Dates" mod.
- Add Garama (Garamantes) City-States to all YnAEMP CS mods, add corresponding starting position to Giant Earth and Large Europe maps

The following CS mods have also been updated to add Garama:
Ynaemp City States (v 7) (vanilla civ5)
Ynaemp City States Extended (v 4) (vanilla civ5)
Ynaemp City States for G+K (v 2) (G+K required)

If you have G+K, I strongly suggest to test the updated Large Europe map with my Historical Spawn Date mod and one of the City-States mod above :)

I should probably say this before BNW comes out and it's going to be too late. You should really redraw parts of the Baltic area;
Finland is way to large and Balticum (Estonia, Latvia) is way too small. Lake Ladoga is only 1 tile big, but should probably be more like 3 tiles, and finally, the Swedish starting position is too far to the south. If you look at a map of the area you will see that the little protruding piece of land Stockholm is based on is more to the north.
Also, the foot of the Sjaelland peninsula (Denmark) is too thick. It's currently 2 tiles wide, but should probably be 1 tile only.
I usually fix these things with the Ingame Editor, but I and probably many other Scandinavians would strongly appreciate if you would redraw the original map to be more accurate to real life.

When you enlarge Europe, it has a repercussion to the north and to the south.

I've just realized that I have released a wrong version of the Earth map with last update, so I will upload another one. While I was on it, I've checked that area, and gain a few space on sea for the Baltic States, and redraw the lakes east and north of St-Petersburg.

I've also changed Denmark (again), that strait is very difficult to render at the scale of the tiles.

I don't understand for Stockholm, the island to the south is Gotland, rigth ?

I'm assuming you're talking of the giant Earth map, if you were talking of another one, please show a screen in game with your changes (and grid ON)

And so, new version (same link as above)

v.19 (May 12, 2013)
- Bugfix: wrong version of Giant Earth Map released
- Redrawn Denmark, part of Baltic States and White Sea area, South-America west coast (from Cap Horn to Mexico)

:D

When you enlarge Europe, it has a repercussion to the north and to the south.

I've just realized that I have released a wrong version of the Earth map with last update, so I will upload another one. While I was on it, I've checked that area, and gain a few space on sea for the Baltic States, and redraw the lakes east and north of St-Petersburg.

I've also changed Denmark (again), that strait is very difficult to render at the scale of the tiles.

I don't understand for Stockholm, the island to the south is Gotland, rigth ?

I'm assuming you're talking of the giant Earth map, if you were talking of another one, please show a screen in game with your changes (and grid ON)

I'm talking about the Giant version. Here is how I usually modify it when playing on it:
Spoiler :

Besides the enlargements and relocation of certain places, I also added a river by the mouth of the Riga Bay, which is supposed to be the Daugava.
It doesn't leave any room for Öresund (the strait by the Danish capital) though, that's the downside to it. The only way of achieving that without messing up Denmark is to remove the southern tip of Sweden, which is also out of question for me :/

So, rather than taking the suggested route and playing the Historical Spawn Date mod with the large Europe map, I tried doing the standard-sized Earth map.

I tried this as Germany, but Greece spawned where Germany should have. Germany spawned inside "Athens" and was instantly slain :(

Looking at the replay, it seems that the existence of Babylon may have caused Persia to spawn in western Anatolia, in turn forcing Greece to spawn in Germany... but it looks like things worked fine for everyone else! I'll try another map, hopefully with better results.

(Either way - I appreciate all the work you put into these mods, and I'm glad you're still updating them!)

Edit: I'm sure you know this Gedemon, but while waiting for your civilization to spawn, the game pauses for the "People with the Pointiest Sticks"-type-lists. It's not a big deal, but it does force the player to wait around while the game plays on its own. I don't know how to work around that, sorry I can't help.

Yes, to use the HSD mod, you have to make some choices. If you pick a relatively small map with close starting location, select civilizations with spaced starting locations. Minor civs are taking care of, they will not spawn if the position is occupied or will be removed when a major spawn near them, but ATM I decided to not mess with major civs spawning above another major.

The Large Europe provide that space, without being a memory killer like the Giant Earth.

Civilizations from one region spawn nearly at the same date on that map, I've found it to be a great challenge.

The version I made for RFC take care of the annoying pop-up during the auto-turn, but it was replacing core files, I think it can be done differently using context controls, I'll try that.

Good to know. Thanks for getting back to me :)

What I had been doing without the Historical Spawn Mod was to just remove certain Civs from the CivilizationsStartPos.xml. I may try that again.

Good to know. Thanks for getting back to me :)

What I had been doing without the Historical Spawn Mod was to just remove certain Civs from the CivilizationsStartPos.xml. I may try that again.

Ho, you want to keep them random ?

I still have that "do not include this civ" selection list in my todo...

edit : but yes, your method will work :D

Top Bottom