TT03: Unholy Spanish Empire

235:
I noticed that Moses was still around. I guess i missed when he was born, but that makes Frank's GA comment make much more sense :) I think we should either merge him b/c we won't trigger a GA anyway. Consider: if we get a Scientist, we should build an academy. if we get an engineer, we should use him to build the GL, if we get another GP ~ well, we can't do it anyway. Either merge or use him to pop Theology (after we clear out the techs we need to). We can't ever have a state religion, but we can still have religions in our cities. Plus, we can spread it around for $$ AND it makes for good trading fodder.

However, I didn't do anything with him. We should discuss the options.

220:
Christianity FIDL. Oh well, someone else lightbulbed it. We could still trade it . . . if he doens't by then. Oh, Saladin has it, btw; he's revolted to Theocracy.

205:
Madrid finished its archer and starts on a lighthouse. I promote him to CG I, and sent the 2 unpromoted ones out. One heads NW to fogbust up north to keep barbs from coming that way. The other one is now headed to the east to do the same out that way.

IT: our warrior down near Hastings is killed by a barb archer.

That reminds me, our other warrior to the east is exploring around the gems, hoping for a lake resource. (he doesn't find one in the end :()

160:
Literature is in, and i head for Maths so that we can then grab Construction and head for Ass-oka. ;)

Around 130, the High Theocrat shows up:

hopefully he won't be gunning for us :D

We should consider trading ABCs around for some backtechs, and also figure out what we need ot do with Moses. I only played 9 b/c i ran into Frank's UETS (pronounced "yewts") ~ Unpatented, Extra-Turned Set. no, i don't know who it was but I started at -509, so i just went down to -500 turns.

Pholk > just played
Sprite > UP NOW
Lobster > on deck
Xtream >
Frank >

im sry to say that i will be gone for the week im going on vacation so just skip me when u get to me

pholk, ABOMINATION! you actually wanted to FOUND a religion?!
Anyway good turns, I'll post mine in a short while.

Played my turns -

0: Pressed Enter.
1: Hatsepsut converted to Christianity.
2: Moved a worker into the forest near Madrid.
3: Asoka offers a ridiculus offer -

Anyway I still feel that trading Alphabet is too soon right now.
Barcelona finished axeman, starts swordman. Started chopping a forest near Madrid.

4: Madrid Lighthouse->Great Library. Sevile Library->Barracks. I resign 2 scientists at Madrid to get more hammers and lowered the construction time from 52 turn to 33 turns.

In addition, I merge the Great Prophet with Madrid.

5: Done with Mathematics, start Construction.
6: :sleep:
7: Done with the forest chop, now TGL is up in 24 turns.
8: :coffee:
9: Asoka the scum has too discovered Alphabet, but only give Meditation and Priesthood for our Litrature.
10: Hatsepsut calls us to cancel our deals with the Chineese, but I refuse.
Barcelona swordman->axeman. 21 turns to TGL.

Next player will get a Great Person in Madrid, lets hope its an engenieer.
In addition, Asoka is the only one with hourses exept of us, so I recommend building some spearmen.

GoodLuck;)

The Save:

frankcor said:
The current odds are 37%-prophet, 24%-scientist, 37% engineer. My money's on the prophet.

Do we want to starve Madrid a bit, shaving another turn off the Great Library?
It depends on how big the starving will be. if its minor, no probs. If we get Great Engenieer, I think we should'nt use it to finish TGL as no one has litrature yet. We can use it to hurry The Phartanon and get 50% more GP.

SpriteSODA said:
;) , anyway Lobster is up.
Son of a... I'm up in 4 SGs!!! :eek: When it rains it pours!

If we do get a GE, I will use him, as Sprite suggested, to get the Parthenon. Should we put it in Madrid, or Barcelona? (I'm thinking the latter, so we don't dilute the chance for a GE or GS in Madrid.) If it hasn't been built by now, none of the other civs probably have Marble hooked up yet.

Not much going on with only three cities to watch

Inherited turn (50 AD)
Move Swordsman E toward Seville since Asoka will probably be our first :hammer:

Turn 1 (65 AD)
Bump research to 100% (no loss)!

Turn 2 (80 AD)

Turn 3 (95 AD)

Turn 4 (110 AD)
Seville finishes: Barracks --> Axeman (5)

Vicky loses Canterbury (somewhere S of Thebes) to the Barbarians!! :lol:

Turn 5 (125 AD)
Our Great Leader is born. He is Nabu-rimanni, aka "Come Again?". He is a Great Scientist. The GE would have been nice, but that's life. He is used immediately to build an Academy in Madrid. Breaker production in Madrid increases from 25 -> 35/turn.

Turn 6 (140 AD)
Barcelona finishes: Axeman --> Swordsman (5)
England builds the Great Lighthouse.
BTW, Saladin has built two Holy Shrines.

Turn 7 (155 AD)

Turn 8 (170 AD)

Turn 9 (185 AD)

Turn 10 (200 AD)
Technology discovered: Construction --> Meditation (1)
Barcelona finishes: Swordsman --> Catapult (5)
Seville finishes: Axeman --> Catapult (7)

Asoka has Alphabet now. The only techs the AIs are offering are Meditation (1), Priesthood (1), Monotheism (2), Calendar (8). (Number of turns to research at 100% shown in parentheses.) Because it will only take 4 turns to research the first three ourselves, I don't think it it worth it to trade Alphabet for them. Both Saladin and Hatty want Alphabet AND Construction for Calendar. No thanks.

Good job lobster! Frankor will be the one to finish TGL. After that Madrid will become to a scientists and beakers paradise *Evil Laugh*

BTW: Our first Swordsman is just N of Asoka's elephant city. We have OB with everybody, so we should scout out Asoka ASAP. In a few turns, we should have a 2 Catapults, 2 Swordsman and an Axe ready to launch an attack. One or two more Swords, and we should be good to :hammer:

That sounds like a good setup for a war, Lobsterboy. I'll do some scouting and get our forces into position to attack. Meanwhile, would anyone mind if I start work on a settler/archer combination after GL completes for another new city in our northeastern region?

I have a dinner engagement this evening and won't be able to play until late, if at all. Look for my report sometime tomorrow evening.

good turns, LB! Perhaps we can hold off on the settler/archer pair until we know we won't need much more military. Plus, if we keep all of Gandhi's cities, are finances will tank a bit from the distance maintenance. Just somethign to keep in mind. But perhaps, start on the archer (which we KNOW we'll need) and then if we want to, soem turns later, we can start on a settler. thoughts? I can't imagine Gandhi having much more than 2 or 3 units in each city, maybe more in the capital, but . . .

plus, Calendar will obsolete our SH.

Pholk > on deck
Sprite >
Lobster > just played
Xtream > *skip for the week ~ let us know when you're back!*
Frank > UP NOW

Calander will absolute SH but in asoka's lands all the resources will be already built=P About the economy, it shouldnt be a problem, as we can research CoL and move to caste system and get some merchants going.

SpriteSODA said:
it shouldnt be a problem, as we can research CoL and move to caste system and get some merchants going.
we also don't have currency either, eh?

go ahead Frank ~ build a settler if you want ~ stuck near the gems, it should pay for itself anyway.

You don't know how hard it was to not hit Enter one more time and then claim that it was a mistake. But I leave you with one turn remaining for both Currency and the Great Library.

Inherited Turn (200 AD)

IBT:Christianity has spread: Seville
Another religion we can't adopt:

Turn 1 (215 AD)
Tech learned: Meditation

Turn 2 (230 AD)
Research begun: Currency I forgot to ask for some discussion on research paths. Currency helps our economy and it's next on the road to Code of Laws.

IBT: Hatty comes a calling:

Girl, eat some food! Whew, that neck is spindly.

Turn 3 (245 AD) We find Bangalore:

Madrid grows: 8
Barcelona finishes: Catapult
Seville grows: 8

Turn 4 (260 AD)
Barcelona begins: Swordsman

Turn 5 (275 AD) And here's Madras, also on a hill:

Turn 6 (290 AD)
Seville finishes: Catapult

IBT: Now it's Mao's turn:

Sure, she's skinny, but vile? Man, you're ugly. She can always put on some weight and you'll still be ugly. Now, let's talk about a real deal:

The techs don't help us that much with our variant but the gold will spend nicely.

Turn 7 (305 AD)
Tech learned: Priesthood
Tech learned: Monotheism
Seville begins: Archer

Turn 8 (320 AD)
Barcelona finishes: Swordsman
Here's Lahore, also on a hill:

Turn 9 (335 AD)
Barcelona begins: Archer
Seville's borders expand
Seville finishes: Archer

Turn 10 (350 AD)
Seville begins: Axeman
And here's Bombay, on the flats!

So here's what we know about India:

Troops are arriving at the front. We should probably recall our axeman and swordsman scouting in Indian territory. at least get them close to our first target city and then declare. There's a worker outside of Bangalor just begging to be stolen.

Code of Laws should probably be the next technology but we might want to shut down research a few turns and upgrade our two Warriors to Axemen to have a solid defense for our core cities as we start the war. I'd hate to get backstabbed or get clobbered by a lucky barbarian.

Top Bottom