Turns 81 to 90

We're winning the battle of attrition. If we ever get to their cities, we should raze them until we are sure their military is damaged and broken.

Soon they will learn from their mistakes and the battle will even out. We must work quickly to settle this favorably. Longterm this battle appears unfavorable. Their iron+industrial trait makes improved production of immortals of high probobility. Sure, while out of the jungle, or immobile, we get first strike (due to our horses) but we are not strong enough to take them on their own turf. And the jungle will make it difficult to reinforce an invasion that gets bogged down. End this war on the best possible terms as soon as possible, and begin expanding and industrializing as soon as possible and quickly. Focus on science and economy, and outdate their immortals while successively staying ahead of them militarily. If we want to kill them later, we'll do it with knights. But right know, we are at a stalemate that is like to turn against us. Just a personal oppinion

Nomad Bryce

Nomad Bryce said:
Soon they will learn from their mistakes and the battle will even out. We must work quickly to settle this favorably. Longterm this battle appears unfavorable. Their iron+industrial trait makes improved production of immortals of high probobility. Sure, while out of the jungle, or immobile, we get first strike (due to our horses) but we are not strong enough to take them on their own turf. And the jungle will make it difficult to reinforce an invasion that gets bogged down. End this war on the best possible terms as soon as possible, and begin expanding and industrializing as soon as possible and quickly. Focus on science and economy, and outdate their immortals while successively staying ahead of them militarily. If we want to kill them later, we'll do it with knights. But right know, we are at a stalemate that is like to turn against us. Just a personal oppinion

Nomad Bryce
Good points. But i have to dissagree. With the frustration we have caused them, they will get more angry and reative, and more agressive, and will send out invasion without thought to weater they have a fighting chance. Our argicultural trait lets us build up large, productive cities quickly, and i think we are industruios too...im too lazy to cheak. The more we expand, the better we wil be. TNT is also putting more production into units, then into expansion, i belive. Units will be outdated and die off, but cities remain until razed.

I dont feel the situation is going to turn against us anytime soon because there are no plans for a counter attack. I'm sure they will regroup and try again but this just gives us time to regroup ourselves and keep expanding. I don't believe there is a way to take them on head to head in a attacking situation because their immortals have the advantage in that situation. We have the CR squad sneaking up the west coast, and if they remain undetected should be able to do some damage to their cities near the coast. Also with Map making we should be able to send a squad up the other side and lauch some surprise attack. The final push however wont come until we get knights so its going to be a long hard slog until then.

Poor TNT. They really got the shaft from the RNG.
I almost feel sorry for them. He, almost.
Outstanding job so fat, Robi.

First of all good job Robi. You have TNT on their heels.

Looking at the save, Never Again has a worker roading the forest with 2 available bonus grasses that need work. Never can pick up some more BG once we settle a few cities in that direction. The FP city needs to be up soon there.

We have a spear per city, I think we are set there. Only the outlying cities will be needing them for protection against surprise attacks anyway. Our urgent need is for workers, workers, workers. We have a lot of unimproved BG in our land.

I still dont like the temple in Shelbyville. We arent going to keep it at size 7 since we need workers out of there. If we want bigger cities we can trade ivory for wines with MIA. Shelby really needs a granary, I cant stress this enough. We would want to share the FP with Never to get the granary built before growth to size 6.

We need barracks in the cities currently producing military. They will need to be built sometime and the 1 gpt loss will be made up for by the vet units. We cant rely on RNG luck forever.

I am clueless as to why TNT built the MoM in a flood plains city.

If we peace out with TNT, I dont think we currently have enough time to set up a ship chain towards them in 20 turns without a new form of government. I think we should settle on monarchy as our govt until we destroy TNT. A ship chain on the west coast will require at least 5 galleys that we will have to buy, and is the only way we can destroy them. Wading through jungle will take forever. Also we run the risk of TNT pulling Feudalism from the age change. They surely have some tech deals set up even if they dont get the GL. Lets just keep at them and enjoy the war happiness.

We should only build knights to fill an army; the two mounted warriors plus 10 shield savings always comes out on top. 2 MWs at 60 shields beats a fortified spear in a flatland town 92% of the time; a 70 shield knight wins only 70% of the time. 2 MW vs a fortified pike wins 70% of the time. A knight vs. a fortified pike wins 46% of the time.

killercane said:
First of all good job Robi. You have TNT on their heels.

Looking at the save, Never Again has a worker roading the forest with 2 available bonus grasses that need work. Never can pick up some more BG once we settle a few cities in that direction. The FP city needs to be up soon there.

We have a spear per city, I think we are set there. Only the outlying cities will be needing them for protection against surprise attacks anyway. Our urgent need is for workers, workers, workers. We have a lot of unimproved BG in our land.

I still dont like the temple in Shelbyville. We arent going to keep it at size 7 since we need workers out of there. If we want bigger cities we can trade ivory for wines with MIA. Shelby really needs a granary, I cant stress this enough. We would want to share the FP with Never to get the granary built before growth to size 6.

We need barracks in the cities currently producing military. They will need to be built sometime and the 1 gpt loss will be made up for by the vet units. We cant rely on RNG luck forever.

I am clueless as to why TNT built the MoM in a flood plains city.

If we peace out with TNT, I dont think we currently have enough time to set up a ship chain towards them in 20 turns without a new form of government. I think we should settle on monarchy as our govt until we destroy TNT. A ship chain on the west coast will require at least 5 galleys that we will have to buy, and is the only way we can destroy them. Wading through jungle will take forever. Also we run the risk of TNT pulling Feudalism from the age change. They surely have some tech deals set up even if they dont get the GL. Lets just keep at them and enjoy the war happiness.

We should only build knights to fill an army; the two mounted warriors plus 10 shield savings always comes out on top. 2 MWs at 60 shields beats a fortified spear in a flatland town 92% of the time; a 70 shield knight wins only 70% of the time. 2 MW vs a fortified pike wins 70% of the time. A knight vs. a fortified pike wins 46% of the time.

The worker is building a road to the hill which is our next city location and the one where i would put the FP. MIA does not wish to trade ivory with us since apparently they have a wine supply of their own that they pinched from KISS.

A granery is on the list for Shelby, hopefully next since we have stopped TNT in their tracks and hold a military advantage over them at the moment (we are strong compared to them) so we can put some more production time into expanding. I would also like a temple in spring and never plus a library in spring and to increase the ammount of barracks we have.

Monarchy is next on the research list, followed by currency, construction then feudalism. I was thinking of only sending 4 MW's in galleys to go up the east coast who along with the MW's that are making their way up the west coast can conduct small short sharp hit and run raids against TNT, hopefully taking out one or to cities along with improvements. The main raid when it come can go through the jungle were TNT are coming from since they were nice enough to build a road through it for us.

You guys probobly know better then I do. Perhaps war at this point is neccessary and maybe even beneficial. I still worry about the longterm effects though, but we may not have a better option.

Turn 86

Not much action this turn after TNT were sent scurring back into to the jungle from which they came, the final tally of 10-1 will mean a lot of rebuilding for them.

They surrounded our warrior in the north with an assortment of units, and sense is end was coming soon i figued to send him out in a blaze of glory, so i attacked their horseman and well, he won, obviously TNT haven't budgeted enough gold for proper troop training:D or maybe they been cutting corners on weapons materials:D

Our MW that was taking on the barbs barely survives a barb attack, he is withdrawn to repair and a sword is sent to finish the job.
KISS are now a republic and MIA are no longer building the pyramids.
Sci reduced from 80% to 70%, Map are due next turn
243g +7gpt

Im getting worried. Most of our victories have been extremley lucky, and that can't hold forever. I morn the loss of the great warrior.....

Do we know where thier iron is?

xyourxmomxcorex said:
Do we know where thier iron is?
Theres one hooked up on the coast city of Granadaopolus (or someting similar)

Turn 87

A fairly straight forward turn after all the previous action. TNT did send a peace offer unaccepted, since there hasn't been to many replies to the peace proposals (see TNT thread) i left it for the time being.
CR squad clear jungle squares, they will wait for the 4th member to catch up a bit before moving on to their target, which is yet to be determined.
We Discover Map Making, start on Monarchy
Springfield builds MW starts on Barracks
Sugar builds MW starts on worker
250g +5gpt and Monarchy in 28.

We need to raid thier iron. I would send the CR squad for that.

How did the northern warrior go from 2/4 vet to 2/5 elite between turns 86 and 87? That's what it looks like anyway. Did we receive a battle log showing him winning a victory? It looks like Provobomb's defender was a 4/4 spear in turn 86 and 3/3 spear in 87, maybe they lost a spear?

DaveShack said:
How did the northern warrior go from 2/4 vet to 2/5 elite between turns 86 and 87? That's what it looks like anyway. Did we receive a battle log showing him winning a victory? It looks like Provobomb's defender was a 4/4 spear in turn 86 and 3/3 spear in 87, maybe they lost a spear?

Your right DaveShack, i missed that while i was playing the turn, a spear from provobomb attack him, he lost one HP but was promoted. Unfortunately he was attacked further this turn and eventually lost. Here is the battlelog

donsig (reg 3/3 horseman) vs. un-named Iroqi (2/5 warrior)
donsig KIA, un-named Iroqi loses 0 hp

donsig II (vet 4/4 horseman) vs. un-named Iroqi (2/5 warrior)
donsig II loses 3 hp, un-named Iroqi KIA

This brave warrior is a shining example to all Doughnutians, in his journey he opened up unexplored terrain, killed a TNT warrior, spearman and 2 horseman.

we need to get thier horses and iron. the only advantage we have is the abilty to kill thier units en route, which does little since they can build em again.
every loss would be a setback in thier war effort if until they reconnected to thier iron and horses.

Robi D said:
This brave warrior is a shining example to all Doughnutians, in his journey he opened up unexplored terrain, killed a TNT warrior, spearman and 2 horseman.

Wow, we must award a posthumous commendation!

Obviously our luck applies even on their turns. :D

TURN 88

If we have been lucky in our battles with TNT then the same can't be said of our battles with barbs. Our sword attacked the barb and lost, thus delaying our new city even further.
TNT has put down a new city on the gems. They again sent a peace offer which i did not respond to. There hasn't been much comment to KISS offer yet, again this is a big descision so I would like everyones opinion before starting formal negotiations. This also has an effect on whether we make peace with TNT or not.
Finally i've been doing a bit of planning with the CR squad attacks, i think our best bet is to attack Clusterbomb on the coast and if successful then push on along the coast and take out their iron supply, i will post screenshots of the plan next turn
Science increased from 70% to 80%
256g +2gpt Monarchy in 22.

Here are the screen shots for turn 88.

Top Bottom