Turns 91 - 100

Robi D

Minister of (Dis)Order
Turn 91

After surviving the attack our MW takes a look and finds no one on the road, he then comes back for repairs while the rest of DS, WC and GS squads are scrammbled to the area. Obviously our CR squads presence has spooked them to retreat some of their forces. This might be the perfect oppertuninty to launch a larger front on assault on TNT positions.

CR squad is all together now and ready to deploy. Depending on how TNT reacts since they know they are there now depends on if they can make the intended target or settle for something closer by.

Dunkin Founded
Springfield builds barracks starts settler
Chocolate builds MW start another

The other news is MIA has gone into anarchy, therefore in a couple of turns they will be a Republic too.
282g +2gpt Monarchy in 15

Turn 92

Find a whole bunch of barb horseman on the edge of the jungle, three of which get taken out with little fuss. MIA and TNT must have had a big tech trade because they are both now in the Medieval Ages.
MIA is still in Anarchy.
CR squad has started its journey to Clusterbomb
284g +3gpt Monarchy in 14

TURN 93

Finishing off all the barb horseman left a number of our MW's with injuries however it also led to 4 promotions being gained giving us a couple more elite and vet units. To give a chance for the MW's to heal up before going into the jungle this has been put off for a few turns. Also 3 MW's have been sent to come down the East flank, hopefully any TNT forces still on the jungle road will be drawn their before the main group enters.

TNT has founded a new city on the coast near their furs
MIA is still in anarchy. One of their warriors has entered our mountain range.
287g +5gpt Monarchy-13

Turn 94

TNT attacked with a horseman and killed one of our MW's. In the couter attack lauched we killed the horseman plus an immortal, see battlelog below.

MIA is now a Republic.
Springfield builds Settler starts MW
Settler heads off to new location in the hills to found city. This is where our FP will be. It will take 4 turns to found our new city.

CR squad will be able to attack Semtex or Carpetbomb in 3 turns. Semtex could be reached in 2, but by taking the extra turn TNT re-inforcements would have to be divided between the 2 cities rather than just 1.

We can also lauch an attack on TNT's jungle city Fort Carbonperoxides on the same turn, hopefully this will divide their focus allowing us to mount a successful attack.

293g +6gpt Monarchy in 12

Battlelog for turn 94
Mounted Warrior GS squad5 (4/4) vs. Horseman donsig II (4/4) ; donsig II killed, GS5 loses 0HP
Mounted Warrior DS squad4 (4/4) vs. Immortal Artaxerxes (3/3) ; Artaxerxes killed, DS4 loses 1HP

Pillage if we cant take em head on. Go for thier luxuries too, that will damage thier entire ecomony.

Ginger_Ale said:
lurker's comment: If you guys manage to capture one of TNT's cities, are you planning to raze or capture it? This is getting interesting.

Basically raze any cities we get as we don't have the resources to defend any captured cities at the moment. Depending on how prepared they are i think we can get at least one city, if not two

I would take the fast way to Semtex. They know that we are in the area, so every single turn is against us. Maybe they are even bringing/building horsies, so we can be attacked.

Turn 95

People of Doughnutia, we are on the verge of a great occasion as our troops are poised to strike TNT positions. Since the start of this war we have always been on the defensive. We have successfully stopped every TNT attack, but tomorrow we start a new chapter in this war. We will now see what TNT are made of when our attack begins.

Powdered buils spear starts another
299g +6gpt Monarchy in 11

Turn 96

As most of the post so far have been in favour of inflicting some damage to TNT before signing any peace agreement our troops have continued the movements towards a two pronged offensive.

A combination of WC, GS and DS squad MW's have surrounded Fort Carbonperoxides which is guarded by a single vet Immortal. CR squad moved into TNT territory to find Carpetbomb completely unguarded.

It would appear only significant re inforcement to these positons or against our troops can save these cities.

In other news another set of barb horseman have appeared. Our military advisor says there is a camp near chocolate, so once the wounded MW's have healed they will be sent to investigate.

305g +6gpt Monarchy in 10

Carpetbomb may be a trap, but who knows. Keep the city and dont raze it, sell any structures, and then abandon it at the end of the turn. Any workers we get from razing it would have to be disbanded any way.

In regards to war with MIA, it will take our galleys 5 turns from the harbor city (the one with the harbor due in 8 turns) to get to their fur city. I propose we attack with 7 galley fulls of spears, MWs, and swords with one settler. Land on the furs below their city, since they are in republic they will have to abandon it. Build a city on the furs, that way we can reload the galleys and unload them by the next Greek city for the next turn with spears/swords to cover the MWs.

With MIA's forces in the north duking it out, we will cause some havoc. Their capital is size 7, it must be doing 2 turn horses so keep the forces protected with spears if at all possible. We can run a ship chain to get more mounties to the front quickly.

How quickly can we get 7 galleys? we have 2 curraghs to upgrade when they harbor is built in 8 turns, and i would change both of those spears to galleys in the west. the capital can provide 3 more in 9 turns at 10spt. the mounties by fort carbon peroxide will need 10 turns or so to get back down in position, and we have 4 healing. And there are more in production. we will need some to patrol at home for any sneak attacks. We will be fully ready for war and in monarchy in 12-15 turns if we increase science a bit.

With the upcoming revolution, we will be thin for a short time. I think it would be advantageous to move up monarchy and get it quicker, revolt, and come out fighting 2 turns after MIA attacks KISS.

We would need a 40 turn peace with TNT that we must be assured that they have to abide by, maybe put in a caveat saying they forfeit 3 towns or whatever if they break it or have to disband a portion of their military if they break it, thats off the top of my head.

Screw that, why risk it. Sack Carpet Bomb. Then send one mw south to see if the idiots left that city empty too. Then sacrifice CR squad by sending them on a frenzy through the "Safe Back Side" of TNT, sacking along the way. The more cities CR sacks, the better of a job they did. Clearly their Survival is not an option unless the TNT sue for peace so send em in blazin.

Also, in any bid for peace, we should demand the right to those gems were Fort Carbonperoxide is.

I´d also say sack the city right away. The few bucks we might get from selling a structure are not worth the risk of TNT regeining the city.

I said "abandon it at the end of the turn," the same as razing, except you dont receive workers, which we can not get back to the homeland anyway with barbs and TNT around. It is more economical to keep it for the duration of the turn and sell structures.

dont accept peace. We sould take most of thier cities first. Then, if we dont think we can finish the job without heavy losses, turn TNT into a "police state" run by us. Have troops patrol thier land, keep tabs on the size of thier army, make them use thier workers for what we want.

We have received this battlelog and communication from TNT.

Tooraj (3/3 warrior) attacked CR squad 2 (4/4 mounted warrior) in the plains near Semtex
Tooraj lost 0hp, CR squad 2 lost 3hp and retreated westward

Urupay (3/3 warrior) attacked CR squad 4 (3/3 mounted warrior) in the plains near Semtex
Urupay lost 1hp, CR squad 4 lost 2hp and retreated westward

Ardeshir (4/4 immortal) attacked WC squad 3 (5/5 mounted warrior) in the jungle east of Fort Carbonperoxides
Ardeshir lost 0hp, WC squad 3 KIA (RIP)

Official communique from the Grand Vizier

Greetings General Robi D,

I am writing to inform you that your current incursion into our territory makes it difficult for us to continue to negotiate peace with you. Your little foray is causing my government no end of trouble. Even the Iroqi women have run away. They are believed to be somewhere in the vicinity of Semtex. We haven't quite figured out if they are running from us or from you but if you happen to find them please take them back to Iroq with you. I assume your mounted warriors will be returning home soon, will they not? If they choose to linger north of the Sacred Jungle I do not see how our peace talks can continue.

As for the Sacred Jungle itself, we had considered abandoning our new city there but decided to give your people one last chance to show their desire for peace. We have left the city in place. Should you decide to leave it in peace we will remember that well and will offer you more lenient terms for the proposed peace treaty. If you attack the city you will not have it. Since it is small and backward it will only disappear under your attack. If that happens we will not accept peace until we rebuild the city, even if that means driving you and your forces from the Sacred Jungle once and for all.

Finally, I would like to encourage you and your people to forsake your heathen gods in favor of the one true supreme being.

signed
Grand Vizier donsig

Basically where this leaves us is in position to take out Fort Carbon, but it would seem they have blocked a direct path to Carpetbomb. We should take out Fort Carbon and do whatever damage around Carpetbomb and Semtex is possible and get a peace settlement. While we have the strongest military the demographic (posted below) are a sad picture for us as we are 4th in every single area except for military service and pollution.

Without downsizing our military, which we shouldn't do, we can't afford a Republic, so we should switch to Monarchy when we get it and expand, expand, expand. With our agri trait, granaries in springfield and shelbyville (in 2 turns) a 40 turn peace settlement with TNT and everyone else should see us double our cities. During this time we can keep an eye on the military situation and build/upgrade as needed to make sure no one over takes us.
Once we have doubled our cities without adding too much military units, and if the peace situation is stable we can then switch to Republic

If at the same time MIA and KISS go to war than all the better, we don't need to get involved in their conflict, and if that can be combined with peace on our continent we can finally start to make inroads into the lead MIA-KISS have built over us. I would definately try to stay out of the conflict. And as long as we maintain our military advantage of TNT we can always use a bit of stand over tactics to make sure they don't get involved either.

Simply put, continuing to fight at this stage will only insure we finish 3rd in this game. Personally i would prefer to take the risk of possibly letting TNT off the hook, but at the same time giving us a chance to finish 1st.

Expanding at a decent pace is only viable if we have more workers. Our worker situation is at 8 workers, some of whom are doing suboptimal jobs, for instance Shelbyville needs urgent work to get to 5 spt and become a worker factory. Please Please change Never Again to a granary, as it can produce settlers and workers as well, but primarily workers if we want Shelby on settlers. I think that will provide a good balance of expansion vs. military.

Sugar and Chocolate are ready to be military factories but they need their BG mined. The reason we are behind in manufactured goods and such is our lack of workers, not necessarily the war.

And dont sell out on a war against MIA. Their eastern lands would be excellent real estate for science farms. Settlers are not the only way to expand. If we sign a 40 turn peace with TNT, they will surely have muskets by then, so our war options will be limited if we wait. If we can strike hard against MIA while they are fighting the Celts we can do serious damage. Im not so worried about the Celts out teching us if we remain friends until industrial. A huge number of workers will win the game for us come industrial if we can make it that far in good shape.

TURN 97

In what could well be our best turn of the game so far, both our attacks were very successful with minimal losses.

Carpetbomb attack- TNT had two of their warriors moved up which had attacked the CR squad the previous turn. A spearman had also been moved up to block the path to Carpetbomb. The spear was taken out by CR1 before CR3 entered Carpetbomb. We recieved 1 gold as a reward. There was no infrastructure to sell so Carpetbomb was immediatly abandoned. The remaining CR squad members attacked the 2 warrior, one warrior was killed, the second take down to 1HP, CR4 was lost in the attack. We can easily now pillage the roads to stop the iron being traded to other TNT cities.

Fort Carbonperoxides attack- TNT had a Immo, Spear and Horse in the city. Each was taken out while our MW's suffered moderate damage. The 4th MW climbed the mountain which revealed a whole group of TNT pikes with a settler coming down the jungle road, which i think we can now offically christen 'The highway to hell' :D Well for TNT anyway. We got 2 gold for taking the city, making it 3 gold all up. I guess TNT are poor at the moment

All in all of the 9 MW's that have taken part in the attack, 7 have survived so far, and if TNT arn't interested in a peace settlement now, then i believe we are in a position to do further damage before mounting a second wave.

In other news, the barbs seem to be coming out of the woodwork, GS squad 7 was able to take one out with no loss of HP's. Our three remaining MW's are fully healed and have made their way up to take on the barbs. We will also have 2 more MW's finished next turn.

Military wise, we remain storng against TNT, however both MIA and KISS have creeped up into the average bracket. A letter has been sent to TNT with regards to a peace agreement.

314g +6gpt, Monarchy in 9

Battlelog for Turn 94

Near Carpetbomb
Mounted Warrior CR1 (3/3) vs reg Spearman (3/3); Spearman killed, CR1 loses 1 HP
Mounted Warrior CR2 (1/4) vs Warrior Tooraj (3/3); Tooraj killed, CR2 loses 0 HP
Mounted Warrior CR4 (1/3) vs Warrior Urupay (2/3); CR4 killed, Urupay loses 1HP

Near Fort Carbonperoxides
Mounted Warrior GS6 (4/4) vs Immortal Ardeshir (4/4); Ardeshir killed, GS6 loses 2 HP
Mounted Warrior WC1 (4/4) vs Spearman vbraun (3/3); vbraun killed, WC1 loses 3 HP
Mounted Warrior DS4 (3/4) vs Horseman Gorab (3/4); Gorab killed, DS4 loses 1 HP

Letter sent to TNT

To all the people of TNT,

Today you have witnessed the power of Doughnutia's army. You have lost 2 cities, but there is no need to lose more, we are willing to offer you a peace agreement that has been previous discussed.

If you choose to fight on, be aware this is only a part of Doughnutia's military capabilities, so expect many more of Doughnutia's warriors on your doorsteps very soon.

signed

General Robi D

P.S. Does anyone know how to delete attachments, as i am starting to get close to my limit, thanks:)

Congrats General Robi, as a former Doughnut diplomat i still have ties with some the Diplomatic world, these latest actions have sent shockwaves around the world. TnT is over. Thank you for saving the Doughnuts

Top Bottom