Turnsession 5 Build Queue Discussion

That was still the institution of vassalage and serfdom, a most limited Parliamentarism. :)

Okay, monument might not be the absolute best choice for New Giruvegan, but we need to build it. You might disagree, but gameplay DOES NOT trump roleplay in all situations.

However, I think that this can be a decent decision gameplay-wise if you think about it. We plan on building another archer soon since Prochon will be leaving us and we will need to guard our worker while he improves the land as well as our existing improvements (you can see in the screenshots that there are a lot of barbs lurking around). A library takes longer to build than a monument, delaying our archer, which could be disastrous. Conversely, we'd build an archer first, and miss out on the earlier border pop which would net us the ivory, making it that much later that our happy cap goes up.

That being said, the build order for New Giruvegan is still under consideration. Just know that it will be very hard to convince us not to build a monument ;)

Like it was hard to convince about the quad dye and cow location :)

But this is how it should be, and the beauty of the faction system, that a group that identifies with each other in the game decides on an in-game thing that affects everyone.

Where are we going to put city 4?

I think KWP needs to begin to figure that out right away, now that we may settle his city already next session.

On the monument, I'd suggest finishing it, unless it is very early. Even though it only gets a small amount of culture, it will finish 3 times faster than a library, and we might need to build something else that would interrupt a library build anyway.

I can't give other advice for the city without looking at a save.

I'm almost always against building monuments, but that's just me and the way I play the game. If we've got hammers invested, let's finish it. Otherwise, I'd rethink.

The big question re builds is whether we're going to have an early war with Spain. If we are, all cities should build military for 10/15 turns, and then let's just get the war over with so we don't have to worry about an angry, revengeful enemy on our doorstep. If we're not - and there's so much open land I'm beginning to think we should wait a bit before we begin military action - we might want to think about a wonder or two.

I think we should go for Aesthetics for S Paya and S of Zeus, both requiring gold/ivory for double speeds, which we go. This also fits Protectors of Faith factions interests, since these things do affect gameplay as well (politics impacting gameplay, but still). We plan a war of attrition with HA, such that we get workers, Spain is unable to improve and we get some gold in the process, before we take the death trust.

I think Warlord City will build barracks, archer, then numerous Horse Archers to win the Spanish War. Defenders would be warriors and archers largely, so it looks secure, guarding their copper would eliminate chances for them countering us.

We need to make this war now, due to the culture power of Spain, and to adjust our borders north-south, not worrying about east-west, as New Giruvegan is badly placed as it is in terms of being isolated. I see Arete continuing filling in open land as Warlord City prepares for war.

Lol :crazyeye:. Right now the status quo is all citizens are weiging in on all issues. Sorry NZL I must have overlooked the ?. I made a suggestion which is all anyone can do that is not a decision maker in the Gameplay.

How many Horse Archers do we plan to have when we declare war?

The Arkadian Populist Regime is definitely leaning toward the tile that is 5W1N from capital.

6 Horse Archers and 4 Axemen would be what I would "want" but I think we could start it with just 6 Horse Archers and trail in the Axemen between reinforcements of Horse Archers. We really need to jump on that war if we don't want to face too many Archers and Spearmen.

Top Bottom