[Tut] Nifscope

was only a minor error (wrong texture assigment), while you removed the teamcolor texture you didn´t changed the slots

under: NiTexturingProperty you must make the unit texture NiSourceTexture the child of the base texture slot and deactivated unused texture slot, in your case base texture (and gloss texture) was still activated but with no assingned texture, and the unit texture was still assingned to the Decal 0 slot.

changing the unit texture assingment to base texture and deactivating the other two slot solved the problem. As remark you must edit the texture, the belt has transparency (normally the belt should be displayed in teamcolor) and without color the unit looks a bit sliced ;)

[or you make a real shader unit with teamcolor]

hope this steps are understandable :)

edit: attachment removed

Hi Coyote, thanks for this tutorial! I've been able to swap guns out for units, so thank you!
Unfortunately, I've run into a bit of a problem. I'm trying to attach a hat I made in blender to the head of a unit which has no hat. I tried it, but whatever I try the hat doesn't work with the animation. Is there an 'easy way' to attach the hat to my unit (i.e, short of doing it in Blender?)

Thanks!

Hi Coyote, thanks for this tutorial! I've been able to swap guns out for units, so thank you!
Unfortunately, I've run into a bit of a problem. I'm trying to attach a hat I made in blender to the head of a unit which has no hat. I tried it, but whatever I try the hat doesn't work with the animation. Is there an 'easy way' to attach the hat to my unit (i.e, short of doing it in Blender?)

Thanks!

i think you can put it on the head bone. but for me I stick with blender

i dont use sceneviewer any more. i usually fire up the game. the nice thing with bts (but not col for some reason) is that in the civilopedia it wil reload a nif (but not XML). So if you edit a nif or texture just click to a different unit then back to your unit to look at the new changes.

i think i to remember refar said something like this in another thread. Also thanks for helping Ekmek.

A good option is to add an animation to the model in nifscope, some error can be seen already there (but save before adding the animation - if you save after the adding the animation information will be also saved in the nif [no idea if this can cuase trouble]). Some errors like not animated parts can be seen there - for other errors (like shader, etc) you will need to start the game

Hello again, Coyote. I'm trying to make a mounted unit out of one that uses the rifleman animations. I want to make it use the Cavalry animations, but I'm not so sure how to work this out.

I trying using your tutorial to make a bone transplant between the two units, but I get an error saying it failed to map the BIP to Pelvis. Any ideas?
Thanks for any help! :goodjob:

again to late ;) thanks again Ekmek for helping and glad you could solve your problem Flintlock1415

Okay, I've got another question (although its not a big problem.) How come when I do a bone transplant, and if I try to translate some bones around, they don't seem to move?

I transplanted the Cavalry rider over to the Rifleman's animations, and since I was missing one of the spine bones, the neck was stretched out and the spine was a bit curved. I changed that in nifskope, but in game there wasn't any difference. At Civ scale its not too noticeable, but I guess it could always look better. :)

Okay, I've got another question (although its not a big problem.) How come when I do a bone transplant, and if I try to translate some bones around, they don't seem to move?

I transplanted the Cavalry rider over to the Rifleman's animations, and since I was missing one of the spine bones, the neck was stretched out and the spine was a bit curved. I changed that in nifskope, but in game there wasn't any difference. At Civ scale its not too noticeable, but I guess it could always look better. :)

It's because the unit is attached to an animation in-game. I learned that moving the bone around in NifSkope won't do much in-game.

Top Bottom