TV show's promo sparked bomb scare

ROFL!

OMG ITS A LITE BRITE!

FEAR TERROR FEAR TERROR!! OMG 9/11!!!!

Seriously, w/ crap like this the bad guys really have won.

This reminds me of the incident in Arizona where some people were spooked by dumpster graffiti that said "Anthrax" (hey! its a heavy metal band!) and they called in the bomb squad.

Its bad enough to live in a nation of idiots. Worse yet when so many of them are scared horsehockyless.

edit: The "anthrax" scare...

"We didn't get the connection with Anthrax the band at first," Graham County bioterrorism coordinator Brian Douglas said. Investigators saw the words "AC/DC" and "Iron Maiden" on another side of the dumpster then realized Anthrax is the name of a band.

ROFL!

OMG ITS A LITE BRITE!

I think you're showing your age - no one under 30 here is likely to know what a Lite Brite is... :lol:

So, all the cops in Boston are under 30?

:)

On the contrary, they must all be over 30 if none of them recognize a Mooninite from Aqua Teen Hunger Force. :lol:

When I heard somebody could get arrested I assumed it was the morons who claimed that these were bombs. I can't believe these guys got arressted. This is madness.:crazyeye:

Those AquaTeen light brights are cool. I want one.

I wonder how long it'll take the "autorities" to find out they acted like idiots and what happened isn't a crime? And when they do realize who kneejerk they were will they own up or try to take it out om these guys?

Across the nation there wer 100s of these in a dozen or so cities. Yet only some idiots in Boston when grannypisspants and started running around like headless chickens.

ROFL!

OMG ITS A LITE BRITE!

It's people like you, the complacent, the fellow travelers of the new terrorist movement, that is going to be the downfall of this country.

People are sensitive of these things because they enjoy the thought of living, not being a victim of some fanatical Moslems' contempt for civilization. Can you even recall what happened on September 11th? Does that have any sort of meaning to you whatsoever?

America was attacked, yet all you do is laugh and crack jokes.

Seriously, w/ crap like this the bad guys really have won.
No, they'll win when they've subjugated the world under Islam, and you don't seem to be quite concerned with that.

This reminds me of the incident in Arizona where some people were spooked by dumpster graffiti that said "Anthrax" (hey! its a heavy metal band!) and they called in the bomb squad.
Good! People should be aware of the dangers that we face.

Its bad enough to live in a nation of idiots. Worse yet when so many of them are scared horsehockyless.
There's the door.

It's people like you, the complacent, the fellow travelers of the new terrorist movement, that is going to be the downfall of this country.

People are sensitive of these things because they enjoy the thought of living, not being a victim of some fanatical Moslems' contempt for civilization. Can you even recall what happened on September 11th? Does that have any sort of meaning to you whatsoever?

No, they'll win when they've subjugated the world under Islam, and you don't seem to be quite concerned with that.

There's the door.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

They are only taking questions about 70's hairstyles!

http://www.taylormarsh.com/archives_view.php?id=25107

And look at what authorities called bombs! Those don't look like bombs, they look like lite brites!

Oh please. McCarthyism died 40 years ago.

What's there to be serious about? Well, these poeple are seriously ******ed, I guess. Maybe I should start crying terrorist on those Orkin man ads I keep seeing...

The likelihood of ANYONE dying from a terrorist attack is just about nothing. Fact.

And you can draw this conclusion from his post how?:confused:

Nice. I'll call the bomb squad on that jar of mayonnaise in my fridge. Have you seen the trans-fatty acids in that stuff? It could an entire aorta wide open!:eek:

There's the door.

So what are we suppose to do? Live in fear and terror? Suspect everything and everyone? Who wins if we do nothing but that? How can we go go on and "enjoy the thought of living not being a victim of some fanatical Moslems' contempt for civilization" if all we do is watch one another every movements and freak out at a bunch of bright lites in the form of a cartoon character? Yes I remember 9/11. I remember every little detail from that day. Permanently etched into my memory for the rest of my life. But so to do people remember Pearl Harbor. But does that mean we should go around and watching every Japanese person and making sure they don't try to attack us again? If we have to be paranoid, watching each other all the time , worried some childrens toys are are part of a plot to attack us again then is it really America, land of the free, we are living in?

Oh please. McCarthyism died 40 years ago.
You do understand that when the KGB opened their files, McCarthy was proven right. I'm at least glad Tailgunner Joe didn't serve in the Congress during the 30s, or FDR might have shaked off Pearl Harbor as being an isolated incident.

What's there to be serious about? Well, these poeple are seriously ******ed, I guess. Maybe I should start crying terrorist on those Orkin man ads I keep seeing...
Orkin, however, is not an electric device crudely strapped to a bridge with colored wires around it and lights on it.

The likelihood of ANYONE dying from a terrorist attack is just about nothing. Fact.
What day is this again? September 10th?

And you can draw this conclusion from his post how?:confused:
He laughs this off as being the fault of "stupid" Americans.

Nice. I'll call the bomb squad on that jar of mayonnaise in my fridge. Have you seen the trans-fatty acids in that stuff?:eek:
Go ahead, I hope you like being imprisoned for obstruction of justice.

I think you're showing your age - no one under 30 here is likely to know what a Lite Brite is... :lol:
I think they still sell Lite Brite, although it's a bit more high-tech these days. However, I'm well over 30, and I still have mine (not that I've played with it in several decades... :mischief:).

So people should panic at everything? I doubt that people here finding humor in a ridiculous situation is going to be the "downfall" of your country. And please remember that the U.S. was not the only country that lost people on September 11. I don't recall how many countries did, but it was at least several dozen. As for me, I sat glued to the TV the entire day, after somebody woke me up early in the morning to ask if I knew what was going on. I had nightmares for weeks afterward, and ever since then, I've felt that I somehow accidentally ended up in some bizarre alternate reality, because my reality doesn't include people deliberately flying jets into skyscrapers.

But there comes a time when people have to find some kind of release, and if that takes the form of very mild "gallows humor", that's normal. And honestly, I personally am not scared of the world being "subjugated...under Islam." They're not telling the West to convert; they're telling the West to get out of their respective countries.

Someone that sympathizes with the terrorists but is not actively engaged in supporting them.

So not being afraid enough of a lite brite = terrorist sympathizer?

Do you think America not being afraid enough is a problem?

So what are we suppose to do? Live in fear and terror? Suspect everything and everyone? Who wins if we do nothing but that?
Being aware of your surroundings and of the threats that face us is not living in fear.

I walk around in busy places with the knowledge that I could, potentially, be a victim of an attack, but I do not let that interrupt my life and I will report suspicious behavior. I know the likelyhood of such an incident happening is very low, but that doesn't stop me from protecting myself.

How can we go go on and "enjoy the thought of living not being a victim of some fanatical Moslems' contempt for civilization" if all we do is watch one another every movements and freak out at a bunch of bright lites in the form of a cartoon character?
How would we know if it wasn't part of a plot? The fact that it shows a cartoon character should be immaterial, since a terrorist is not going to make a bomb that says "BOMB" on it, unless they're Boris and Natasha.

Yes I remember 9/11. I remember every little detail from that day. Permanently etched into my memory for the rest of my life. But so to do people remember Pearl Harbor. But does that mean we should go around and watching every Japanese person and making sure they don't try to attack us again? If we have to be paranoid, watching each other all the time , worried some childrens toys are are part of a plot to attack us again then is it really America, land of the free, we are living in?
Pearl Harbor was 66 years ago, and the Japanese aren't going to be attacking us again. The fanatical governments of the Middle East are no less strong today than they were five years ago.

Being aware is not being paranoid. Are you concerned that your car might be stolen, or your home might be burglarized? Well, you must be paranoid too!

You do understand that when the KGB opened their files, McCarthy was proven right. I'm at least glad Tailgunner Joe didn't serve in the Congress during the 30s, or FDR might have shaked off Pearl Harbor as being an isolated incident.

You know, its possible to catch spies and all without all the damn fearmongering...

Or must we all wear mood rings that correspond to the terror warning?

Orkin, however, is not an electric device crudely strapped to a bridge with colored wires around it and lights on it.

Those Orkin ads did, however, cause many people to destroy their TV's, which, no matter how stupid, is more damage than these ghetto light bright contraptions ever could have done.

What day is this again? September 10th?

Nah, but it will be in just over 7 months.

He laughs this off as being the fault of "stupid" Americans.

Therefore he's automatically in bed with Islamic extremists? Quite a stretch you got there, hope it doesn't leave a mark.

Go ahead, I hope you like being imprisoned for obstruction of justice.

But it will give a heart attack to me and my family! Possible cause for alarm!!!:run:

How low and paronoid have we gotten.

And how stupid can thoes two guys get? I mean were not talking about afros! Were talking about thoes stupid light brights that have gotten everyone going "ZOMG!!!!!! ITS A BOMB STICKING IT'S MIDDLE FINGER AT ME!!!!" :run:

Top Bottom