Two new DLCs of Civilization VI after NFP?

What are these two apps going to be?

• They're going to be DLCs of another Pass.

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • They will be two separate DLCs.

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • These may be one or two expansions, just like RF and GS.

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • They could contain nothing of gameplay, just be an launcher update.

Votes: 34 37.8%
  • They may be new modding tools, DLLs or final bug fix.

Votes: 41 45.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Although I find it unlikely, I like the theory that LP stands for Leader Persona or Pack, especially if they have leader art assets which were cut from the final product. Following from that, this is what seems to me most fitting:

1. GN and J stand for Germany and Japan. Not only are these the only two Civs in the base game with G and J (excluding Greece which already has two leaders, plus Alexander), these are two of the likelier contenders for additional content. One from Europe, another from Asia. Negative: both male.

Why would Germany have two letters and Japan only one? Because Germany isn't the only G civ in the game, but Japan is?

2. GN and J are epithets, like Rough Rider or Magnificence. If this is the case, I think Cleopatra is the likelier contender: a) she's the most popular female leader in the base game; b) it would make perfect sense to give her a "Greekier" alternative as persona; c) a Greek toga seems like a fairly basic and cheap design; d) Egypt is an obvious option for additional content.

Finally, maybe Gilgabro? He's already constantly memed without a beard or armour on the twitter account...

2. GN and J are epithets, like Rough Rider or Magnificence. If this is the case, I think Cleopatra is the likelier contender: a) she's the most popular female leader in the base game; b) it would make perfect sense to give her a "Greekier" alternative as persona; c) a Greek toga seems like a fairly basic and cheap design; d) Egypt is an obvious option for additional content.
As plausible as this sounds, I can't imagine how much the internet, or at least this forum, might rage when a more Greek Cleopatra persona is announced. :shifty:

I'd personally love for it to be Varangian Guard Harald (Norway) and Hojo for Japan. Giving Harald a faith and trading niche would synergize with abilities already there, and Hojo could split his abilities into (Divine Wind) combat bonuses and one focusing on culture/faith (Zen).

I agree that Egypt also needs more content, but I don't another version of Cleopatra is the way to go about it.

Moderator Action: Thread closed, please discuss here: https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...pass-new-dlc-most-likely-coming.680355/page-3

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom