• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

UK: Unemployment is now a punishable offence

Oh, BEDroom. Now that makes sense.

There are millions of people across the world that make a living permanently and temprorarily. It is completely stupid to dismiss such a way of making a living.
Believe me, if you were a politician in the UK and proposed that as serious measure, you'd be laughed out of politics for good.

There are many studies showing that people live far beyond their means but they choose not to. The cost of living is high for them because they buy bigger houses and more fancy cars that they can afford to. They expect a higher quality of life than can actually be afforded. Just buying basic neccessities, people can get by on less than 20k a year in most places in the US. It probably isn't that different in Great Britian.
The UK is in a rather different situation to the US, and if your basing your arguments solely on US knowledge without looking into facts of the UK then no wonder I find them so easily dissmisable.

Believe me, if you were a politician in the UK and proposed that as serious measure, you'd be laughed out of politics for good.

Since none of their measures seem to work, they ought to try it. And also, the reason it wouldn't work is because it requires people themselves to learn something or do something new, unlike other measures where the government does everything for you.

The UK and the US are both westernized first world countries. There are more similarities than differences. Internet does not change wherever you are since neither country has a great firewall. Your just dismissing it because you don't want to deal with it. Your one of those who still thinks 'work' has to be found the 'traditional' way.

"How about...the Internet? Internet makes lots of money. So give us some of that money!"

"Yeah! Give us Internet money!"

Top Bottom