UKIP go from strength to strength

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm beginning to think that you, Quackers, have a very strange celebrity crush on Nigel Farage.

It's like an obsession at this point.

Farage corrects mistakes made 100 years ago:

This isn't necessarily untrue, or an outstandingly outrageous thing to say.

Machiavelli would have agreed.

But it's easy enough to make this sort of observation.

If the crowned heads of Europe hadn't conspired against Napoleon, the US would likely be a lot smaller and maybe part of the Commonwealth.

People make what they think are the best decisions at the time, and their descendants live with the consequences. Good or bad.

Looks like Farage is in favour of privatisation of the NHS, given his past comments: Although im sure Quackers will dismiss this!

Nigel Farage has been caught on camera telling Ukip supporters that the state-funded NHS should move towards an insurance-based system run by private companies.

The recording shows Farage saying he believes the marketplace could deliver better value for money when it comes to spending on the NHS.

Farage’s remarks, made in September 2012 on his Common Sense tour of the UK, contrast with Ukip’s new claims that it is opposed to privatisation of the NHS.

The Guardian examined videos of Farage touring the country in an effort to establish some of the Ukip leader’s views on issues other than immigration or Europe.

Other footage showed him proposing the BBC should not be completely dismantled but slimmed down to concentrate on radio over television, with a licence fee slashed to £40 or £50. He also suggested benefit claimants could be made to clean up litter after six months, and that there was a big problem with employee rights and protections such as maternity leave for small firms.

However, his comments about the NHS were the most striking, leading Labour to claim it was now “plain for all to see that a vote for Ukip is a vote for the privatisation of the NHS”.

Here are the full Ipsos MORI figures, based on those certain to vote, which I’ve taken from the survey summary (pdf).

Conservatives: 32%

Labour: 29%

Ukip: 14%

Lib Dems: 9%

SNP: 8%

Greens: 7%

According to Electoral Calculus, this would give Labour three seats more than the Conservatives (because seat distribution currently favours Labour), but leave the party 27 seats short of a majority.

UKIP down from their heights of 19% a few weeks ago. I never thought a 20% share of the vote was sustainable. I would be delighted if we get 10% of the share next general election, it would be an enormous achievement.

As usual the poll points towards a hung parliament!

This isn't necessarily untrue, or an outstandingly outrageous thing to say.

Machiavelli would have agreed.

But it's easy enough to make this sort of observation.

If the crowned heads of Europe hadn't conspired against Napoleon, the US would likely be a lot smaller and maybe part of the Commonwealth.

People make what they think are the best decisions at the time, and their descendants live with the consequences. Good or bad.

If Rome paid it's legions properly, all of this wouldn't have happened!

Mr CAMERON the slimy PM protecting his Lib, Lab and Dem colleagues in the House. Disgusting.

Negativity and fear mongering are the order of the day for Mr Cameron.

UKIP are like a burst of sunlight through parting clouds. We have a message of hope and prosperity for the future.

Negativity and fear mongering are the order of the day for Mr Cameron.

Coming from a dude who supports a europhobic party based upon people's misguided fears of a threat of millions of Romanian and Bulgarian Immigrants that never even transpired, this is an amazing comment.

Do tell us more about negativity and fear mongering, Mr Quackers.

Looks like Farage is in favour of privatisation of the NHS, given his past comments: Although im sure Quackers will dismiss this!

If you want to know what heresy feels like in modern secular Britain, say something about privatisation of the NHS.

I tried it myself a couple of weeks ago in the pub and I think I lost another friend because of it.

Still, in regards to the article; I believe the electoral success of UKIP since 2012 can account for some of the inconsistency in policy; when it started to do well in Labour heartlands, and with the influx of new councillors and MEPs it evolved into something less... hard-line.

It's left me behind on Flat Tax, for instance which I think is a crying shame, but then I'm not exactly a byword for electoral success

Still, in regards to the article; I believe the electoral success of UKIP since 2012 can account for some of the inconsistency in policy; when it started to do well in Labour heartlands, and with the influx of new councillors and MEPs it evolved into something less... hard-line.

It's left me behind on Flat Tax, for instance which I think is a crying shame, but then I'm not exactly a byword for electoral success

I think this is a good assessment. UKIP were quite right-wing libertarian especially under our old Leader, but in recent times UKIP have definitely appealed to lower income voters with some of their policies.

I expect that whilst Farage privately believes the NHS shouldn't be run by the state, effectively privitisation, his public policy is in favour of it. The Farage statement in that video was probably true at the time but it has since been altered.

Also if you're losing a friend over your opinion on the NHS than they aren't your friend in the first place. What a numpty.

Mr CAMERON the slimy PM protecting his Lib, Lab and Dem colleagues in the House. Disgusting.
I don't recall any criticism on your part of UKIP joining in with Labour and the Tories and the Liberals in telling the Scots they were too stupid and poor to run a country on their own two months ago.

Well, they did join the Union because they were bankrupt. It seems that our dear British friends have graciously offered their support to the Scots by giving them fine financial advices and oh also ruling them for the next 300 years.

I don't see why it should garner criticism; UKIP has it written into its constitution:

"Objectives

2.3 The Party believes that the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (hereinafter “The United Kingdom”) should only be governed by her own citizens and that its governance shall at all times be conducted first and foremost in the interests of the United Kingdom and its peoples and that the only laws that should apply within the jurisdiction of the United Kingdom are those wholly made by the Parliament of the United Kingdom. To that end it shall be the policy of the Party that the United Kingdom shall cease to be a member of the European Union and shall not thereafter make any Treaty or join any international organisation which involves in any way the surrender of any part of the United Kingdom’s sovereignty. The Party further believes that the integrity of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (hereinafter “The United Kingdom”) should be maintained."

Its actions during the Scottish Referendum didn't contradict that. (though the helpfulness of Farage visiting Scotland again, leaving another public disturbance in his wake, is debatable. Amusing though it was)

The Conservative Party, on the other hand is attempting to side with so-called ideological opponents to help beat what it, probably, ought to be representing.

not that it will work; they're appealing for votes from people who are instinctively anti-Tory like in 2010. It didn't work then either

But joining forces with Lib, Lab and Dems (and the Tories, the worst of the far-left parties) is EVUL!

I remember years ago it was black boys who achieved the least, than after lots of effort and money thrown at the problem white boys were the lowest achievers. It was deemed the problem had been "corrected".

It just shows further the hatred the left have for the indigenous in this country.

"Indigenous"? Is that pre-Norman, Pre-Saxon, Pre-etc?

I remember years ago it was black boys who achieved the least, than after lots of effort and money thrown at the problem white boys were the lowest achievers. It was deemed the problem had been "corrected".

It just shows further the hatred the left have for the indigenous in this country.

Tell me, how exactly was more money spent on black students? That's quite a claim, and not one backed up by my experience in education.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom