UM (United Modders)

There is a new version of AAranda's religions out (for RoM 2.91). Some big changes. Should not affect other mods. Tested with my other mods, StrategyOnly's Slaves and Militia mods, and AND subset I use.

There is a new version of AAranda's religions out (for RoM 2.91). Some big changes. Should not affect other mods. Tested with my other mods, StrategyOnly's Slaves and Militia mods, and AND subset I use.

Yeah i got it and am testing it also, but i know for sure the Capture Slaves and Militia are working really good, thx to Dancing H, thx so much.;)

@StrategyOnly, are your mods already on A new dawn or are they seperate, if so can you give me a link to them well the slaves mod and militia mod please:>
Also dancinghoskuld im not to sure about the changes that afforess made, but is your AArandas buildings/wonders and AArandas Unit mod updated to AND 1.73 and RoM 2.91?

Aswell as i have a problem and a little bit confusion, my Sports Extended mod has like a Great Celebrity which will require dancings hoskuld's celebrity unit in his pack, so i currently got the great celebrity unit sorted and updated to 1.73 and and 2.91 RoM but unsure wether the base celebrity unit is okay. and how you think i shoudl sort it out, Dancing Hoskuld must i give you the 2-3files for the great celebrity so if people dont get confuzed and conflicts dont occur. Let me know. This is the last bit i got left before i upload my stuff.

And i just want to go through for my own game, since i want to use strategyonly's sniper units, his slave, and your celebrity unit, and wonders and national wonders and buildings. what will i have to download and if i alreayd downloaded the related links which i found on its relative thread will it work properly without conflictions?

Also dancinghoskuld im not to sure about the changes that afforess made, but is your AArandas buildings/wonders and AArandas Unit mod updated to AND 1.73 and RoM 2.91?

Afforess included the units in AND then dropped them. I am going to produce a units pack which will include my units, some of AAranda's and some of the others that Afforess dropped. I would leave it until I can get it merged. I am working on the Religion Decay mod at the moment. It is also for RoM 2.91 but works OK with AND et al.

All my mods work with RoM 2.91 only a few need AND but all work with it.

The ones that are not already in AND but are ready for an install package are Subdue Animals and AAranda's religions and wonders (note there is a patch for the wonders). Most of the others are in AND or need some modification to make them usable.

wonders (note there is a patch for the wonders) <-- can you give me a link for this

---Edit--
Found it :D thanks

Oh and btw i figured out how to sort the culturally linked starts issue. Going to change one python file. :) and put the co-ordinates in

I think this is a great effort to make, since I use RoM and AND and still want some new Religions from Dancing/AAranda and also some smaller stuff but always got confused if it was compatible.

To my taste Afforess took too much out of ANDs custom setup, lately (although I understand he wanted to grant absolute balance/stability which, in case, he did!) - so experimenting with various UM setups would be great - gonna beta test it to get it hopefully as stable as AND one day.

I think compatibility is very important. I can't imagine it can work efficiently if the command structure RoM - AND - UM (reads "romandum" and reminded me of a "memorandum"...)
isn't followed.

It would be nice if Zap, in his main download location would write a little hint about the addon packs AND and UM and Afforess at his dl location as well about UM - so the masses know its out there and even provides even larger content. Then, after 3.0 maybe a combined RoMANDUM installer package would be great. But just as a vision (I hate to do three steps to achieve one goal - so all who want to install all content anyway could shorten the current situation or even shorten a bit if it's done like with ANDs custom install now).

It would be nice if Zap, in his main download location would write a little hint about the addon packs AND and UM and Afforess at his dl location as well about UM - so the masses know its out there and even provides even larger content. Then, after 3.0 maybe a combined RoMANDUM installer package would be great. But just as a vision (I hate to do three steps to achieve one goal - so all who want to install all content anyway could shorten the current situation or even shorten a bit if it's done like with ANDs custom install now).

I second this! However I doubt either one would do that. It would probably be up to one of US to make a "RoMANDUM installer package".

That can be me, the installer package, in the process of uploading my ModMod(4hrs left) using an installer package, and i propose that when afforess's a new dawn gets updated to 1.74 or when it will be required for us to update our mods, that your'l somehow give me the links to the files and i'll put it into the installer. :)

Alternatively i can do it seperately from my mod, since im assuming mind is biggest 1.5gig install. and 700MB compressed in an install package; and just put all you guys different mods under one installer package :) up to your'l

Oh and by the way
There is only one problem that i think can cause a conflict, is if there are any replaces to existing python files within each others mods; for e.g my mod will eventually have few changes within the culturally linked start.py files aswell as i plan to include some form of immigration mod. which will also effect one or 2 python files Aslong as we can avoid those conflictions i guess we'll be okay.

Well HAND is easy to separate into single mods to install, since each folder inside the Hydro folder is basically a modular mod. The only exception is probably my Craft Mod which depends upon Early Buildings mod in AND as well as some random ones in HAND. In short that one is not recomended to be installed unless you use all of the mods in HAND.

Some of my mods are just XML but the ones I am working on now are python. Also one at least will need different stuff for RoM and AND, in particular the bits for the BUG options screen.

yUP Thats why i said read the readme file:p its takes an hour for my pc to make an install file again; so just change the directory to rise of mankind etc etc folder as explained in the readme and when you download it.

And it should install correctly; i just did it now:) and i have included a smal patch which is in a zip file on the first post here

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=359827

Just unzip that into the Rise Of Mankind/Assets/Modules/ Folder

I am going to create the setup.exe for all your mods managed to get them all; will be done by tomorrow; oh and by the way what do you want to call it? And any updates like strategyonly capture the slave modmod il exclude since it undergoing fixing. :) So for now it'l be:

- HAND1.1
- Militia
- Aarandas Wonders
- Aarandas Religions
- Dancing Holskud Subdue Animals
- Dancing Holskud Sniper (took the liberty of updating it)

yUP Thats why i said read the readme file:p its takes an hour for my pc to make an install file again; so just change the directory to rise of mankind etc etc folder as explained in the readme and when you download it.

And it should install correctly; i just did it now:) and i have included a smal patch which is in a zip file on the first post here

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=359827

Just unzip that into the Rise Of Mankind/Assets/Modules/ Folder

Just a thought but wouldn't be better if it read:

Patch to the above d/l:
Attached Files
File Type: rar Hashishim.rar (2.1 KB, 3 views)

instead of this:

WATCH THIS SPACE
Attached Files
File Type: rar Hashishim.rar (2.1 KB, 3 views)

or something in that area?

@ Strategy chanegd it; thanks:) im going to upload one more patch,

@ Hydromancerx its cool dude; since this place already has a readership well this thread just keep it here. This is your idea im just helping:)

installation file is complete:) uploading now, this time it points to the right directory:p

And i got options for Hydromancerx's HAND1.1 Mod;

The installation is for:
- HAND 1.1 (by hydromancerx)
- Militia Mod (by DancingHolskud and strategyonly)
- Subdue Animals (By DancingHolskud and strategyonly)
- Custom Religion (By AAranda and DancingHolskud)
- Custom Wonders (By AAranda and DancingHolskud)

Uploading it to Filefront :)

Top Bottom