Undocumented Patch 217 notes

Native American no longer have a unique city design and instead build Middle Eastern style cities

If someone wants to put together a list of production changes (I think it was every unit/wonder/building in the game) I could add those to the list, but they did mention a 'balance pass on everything' someplace in the notes.

When moving air units, cities in range are marked. Number above carrier do not stay on the water after you moved it. You can capture Machu Picchu.
Machu Picchu is no longer destroyed when captured?
I'm not familiar with the other two.

AI scouts take barabarian camps if undefended
AI ships attack embarked units
Is this new? I thought they've been doing this since the Spain/Inca dlc.

Helicopters can no longer capture cities
this is true, added to the list.

Native American no longer have a unique city design and instead build Middle Eastern style cities
Sounds like a bug rather than a feature worthy of a patch note.

When you start a game in off-line mode it no longer says "bla bla bla" about potential problems. Two other useless infos should be also removed (tag or sth.) I know, I can remove them by editing the game files, but it should be possible without it.

This might be unrelated to the patch, but I'm throwing it out there anyway: Earlier today I built the Manhatan Project in my production city (not my capitol) and an artillery unit appeared in my capitol (was not building a unit at the time, no units gifted by CS, not something expelled from territory). Will run another game later in the week to test if it happens again.

Cultural expansion is definitely different. Was playing today, and I was getting 4th rung resources before some 2nd rung tiles. Good if that's a luxury or strat resource - not so much when it's sheep.

Cultural expansion is definitely different. Was playing today, and I was getting 4th rung resources before some 2nd rung tiles. Good if that's a luxury or strat resource - not so much when it's sheep.

Don't underestimate the sheep. They turn into nice 3F3H tiles eventually.

Don't underestimate the sheep. They turn into nice 3F3H tiles eventually.

Which is worthless in the 4th ring where you can't work it.

Glad to hear I'm not losing my mind.:crazyeye:

I wish culture expansion would place more priority on fish tiles :( They are some of the best tiles in the game after navigation (5/2/2). Hate blowing 310 gold or somesuch to get those tiles 30+ turns earlier.

I wish culture expansion would place more priority on fish tiles :( They are some of the best tiles in the game after navigation (5/2/2). Hate blowing 310 gold or somesuch to get those tiles 30+ turns earlier.

Play as America. :)

I believe you can encourage border expansion into water resource tiles by building a Lighthouse, but I cannot confirm it, it's just a hunch.

I believe you can encourage border expansion into water resource tiles by building a Lighthouse, but I cannot confirm it, it's just a hunch.

Actually I think building a lighthouse actually discourages border expansion. Least that's the impression I've got in my games.

Top Bottom