Unique City-States

Would you play this mod?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Could you please if it is possible implement in this mod that unique units that are provided by militaristic city states are avaible for building in your empire insted to wait 20 turns tu get an units that is 2 eras behind you ? -.-

This. I often jump out of a game to add a line in uniqueunits to do just this, but I'd be happier if AI also had a chance to do this.

Valletta - The Grand Harbor- lighthouse,harbor,seaport generate 2 gold and 2 culture.
I would rather not make a city-state so valuable that it can replace one of the Industrial-era policy.
Brussels - 1 culture for farms on rivers.
Meh, I enjoy the fact that the AIs will terraform snow and tundra into fake marshes.
Budapest - Pearl of Danube- Hore resources generate +1 gold,science,production,culture and mounted units start with +10 exp
Not bad, I'll do a little unique taste to it. +5 Horses when allied regardless of whether or not the city-state has it(will be lost if alliance is lost as well) since experience is a valuable factor in the early game while not so much in the late game.
Belgrade -The White Fortress- siege units start with cover I and cover II promotion.
I like it but they'll get their unique cover promotion (Siege units gain +75% Defense from ranged attacks
Hanoi - Defenders of the Homeland- Units killed in your territory generate gold,culture half of their strength and give a production bonus toward new units.
Not feasible in the DLL.
Sidon -Neighborhood Bully -units heal +5 outside of your territory. bullying other states gives you influence with Sidon scaling with era.
Sounds good helps me not use an autocracy tenet to implements this and gets rid of 1 dummy policy.

Could you please if it is possible implement in this mod that unique units that are provided by militaristic city states are avaible for building in your empire insted to wait 20 turns tu get an units that is 2 eras behind you ? -.-
Mhmm... although it's possible I don't want to make units clone (E&D incompatibility issues and unit list clutters).

Enginseer. I use a mod named Enhanced city states it has cityStateStatusHelper.lua how do i insert a code in the lua file ? Can i do it with notepad++ ?

Quebec City isn't adding yields for me, neither lumbermills or camps. I've take a look at Bonuses.sql in the case it could be some obvious typo and could fix myself, but haven't noticed.

Edit
In the case that is a simple modification, can you please tell me what to change? Thanks

Last edited:
Quebec City isn't adding yields for me, neither lumbermills or camps. I've take a look at Bonuses.sql in the case it could be some obvious typo and could fix myself, but haven't noticed.

Edit
In the case that is a simple modification, can you please tell me what to change? Thanks
You didn't update the mod.

After removing, installing again and clear the cache the problem persists. Anyway I've checked the details before and after the switch and was using the last version already.
The timestamp of Unique City-States (v 1).modinfo I'm using is 14/04/2017 ‏‎6:48
Can you please confirm that is working right on your side to assure that it's my local problem?

Hey Enginseer,
I love this mod! Although, I have one thing to say. As someone from Vancouver I really don't understand it's unique abilities name and why you would have it. I mean Vancouver isn't exactly known for its factories and The Big Smoke is a name for Toronto, which also has many more factories. Would it be open for discussion on changing the name and ability? I'm thinking more about the fact that its Canada's main west coast port and shipping terminal. How about giving it city connection bonuses? Like plus one food and production to cities connected to the capital. Increasing by one with every two eras. You could call it Terminal City or something. Thank you for reading!!

Hey Enginseer,
I love this mod! Although, I have one thing to say. As someone from Vancouver I really don't understand it's unique abilities name and why you would have it. I mean Vancouver isn't exactly known for its factories and The Big Smoke is a name for Toronto, which also has many more factories. Would it be open for discussion on changing the name and ability? I'm thinking more about the fact that its Canada's main west coast port and shipping terminal. How about giving it city connection bonuses? Like plus one food and production to cities connected to the capital. Increasing by one with every two eras. You could call it Terminal City or something. Thank you for reading!!
Everything is always open. I'll take that into consideration.

Edit
I know why, a recent change to EventOverview was made and now I have to reorganize some stuff.

Hi, I tested your mod few times and have some things to point out:
1. As i noticed all (or almost all) bonuses from CS are infinite. I tested declaring of war, waiting for influence to pass down the alliance threshold or signing some resolution about open borders with CS. When I changed value of line (bold) from 5 to 1 bonuses lasted only one turn:
majorPlayer:SetEventChoiceCooldown(GameInfoTypes["PLAYER_EVENT_CHOICE_" .. GameInfo.MinorCivilizations[minorPlayer:GetMinorCivType()].Type], 5).
When I set it to "2" some of the states worked correctly f. i. Valetta, Brussels.
2. Because of point 1 some of the bonuses (f. e. Zanzibar +1g to luxuries) lasted forever and stacked when I left the alliance and then created it again. Even changing code did nothing to it.
3. Some of the bonuses seem to not work (Wittenberg's +1f for GWAM, Monaco's 50% discount for banks (+4c for banks worked, but lasted forever).
4. When I played once and allied Kabul, EUI descriptions had wrong tooltips (natural wonder should have bonus +2c, but had +4c and at the same time mountains had no tooltip but got +2c.
5. I tested your mod with few latest versions of VP and no other mod in addition to avoid some conflict. Can VP make such problems?

I really like your idea of mod and want it to work, but when I try I got some bug everytime.
A

1. As i noticed all (or almost all) bonuses from CS are infinite. I tested declaring of war, waiting for influence to pass down the alliance threshold or signing some resolution about open borders with CS. When I changed value of line (bold) from 5 to 1 bonuses lasted only one turn:
majorPlayer:SetEventChoiceCooldown(GameInfoTypes["PLAYER_EVENT_CHOICE_" .. GameInfo.MinorCivilizations[minorPlayer:GetMinorCivType()].Type], 5).
When I set it to "2" some of the states worked correctly f. i. Valetta, Brussels.
2. Because of point 1 some of the bonuses (f. e. Zanzibar +1g to luxuries) lasted forever and stacked when I left the alliance and then created it again. Even changing code did nothing to it.
3. Some of the bonuses seem to not work (Wittenberg's +1f for GWAM, Monaco's 50% discount for banks (+4c for banks worked, but lasted forever).
4. When I played once and allied Kabul, EUI descriptions had wrong tooltips (natural wonder should have bonus +2c, but had +4c and at the same time mountains had no tooltip but got +2c.
5. I tested your mod with few latest versions of VP and no other mod in addition to avoid some conflict. Can VP make such problems?

I really like your idea of mod and want it to work, but when I try I got some bug everytime.
A
1. I know why now because event choices were allowed to repeat and stack. However to detect more than one instance of the event choice is going to be on Gazebo's hand.
2. Same thing. Since the code updates all event instances, it's impossible to modify it without Gazebo's hand.
3. +1 faith should be working however. Monaco's 50% discount is still working because I recently got them as an ally and was able to build them 50% quicker.
4. I don't mess with EUI. Unless the Kabul hasn't been providing the bonuses, I can't do anything about it. It's gazebo's hand.
5. Yes, events are still a developmental feature that I'm still bugfixing and testing along with JFD if he is doing it.

Ok, thanks for reply. I hope someday you will manage to finish it. Good luck.

A
Now I'm at my developer mode and I can properly answer these questions.
1. Intentional, all of the bonuses are meant to last temporarily after the city-state alliance as a buffer. (realistically, the shipments of these bonuses shouldn't just disappear instanteous, but rather over time). On a developer note, it helps to eliminates problems that what happens when you reduce it to 1. where you might have issues with "city-state transferring" of alliances with several great diplomat from different nation, etc. Either way, I'll reduce it to 3 for the timesake.
2. Fixed for the next version.. It did not need Gazebo's intervention because the Lua there was made already.
3. Monaco worked, tested out Wittenberg just recently. It works correctly as usual.
4. You sure you weren't playing Spain or something or what civ now doubled the yields of natural wonders? Keep in mind, they do double any bonus yield added on top of that. EUI descriptions does not have wrong tooltips however because of this.
5. Meh. It's a give or take.

Thanks for telling me about this critical bug, I wouldn't have caught on about this and would have just wondered why some civs were snowballing hard due to a stacking overflow bug.

Last edited:
Top Bottom