1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Unique unit elimination thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Kimiimaro, Apr 24, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karmah

Karmah Emperor Supporter

Eagle Warrior (Aztec) - 39 +1=40
    Hetairoi (Macedon/Alexander): 25
    Legion (Rome) - 18
    Mamluk (Arabia) - 37
    Pítati Archer (Nubia) - 47 -3=44
    War Cart (Sumerian) - 43

I'd rather have a line-up of uber eagle warriors + archer boosted with luxury than normal warrior plus pitati

2. Weraptor

Weraptor King

Eagle Warrior (Aztec) - 40
    Legion (Rome) - 18 + 1 = 19 Dominant Swordman replacement unit.
    Mamluk (Arabia) - 37
    Pítati Archer (Nubia) - 44
    War Cart (Sumerian) - 43 - 3 = 40 If there is no civ close to you, they run out of use pretty soon

3. MrRadar

MrRadar Emperor

Eagle Warrior (Aztec) - 41 (40+1) saves you time on building builders, which you can fill with building settlers, districts or more military in that crucial early expansion stage
    Legion (Rome) - 16 (19-3) Legion's time has come. Every other unit left on the list is more beneficial. One charge and largely unnecessary forts cannot carry this one any further.
    Mamluk (Arabia) - 37
    War Cart (Sumerian) - 40

4. eleven11

eleven11 Warlord

Eagle Warrior (Aztec) - 41
    Legion (Rome) - 13 = (16-3) - At this point, subtracting points from anything is painful.
    Mamluk (Arabia) - 37
    Pítati Archer (Nubia) - 45 = (44+1) - With Nubia's 40% district reduction trait you don't need Monte's worker charges gained from Eagles. With Nubia's reduced production cost for ranged units you can build almost twice as many for the same cost as most of the early units here. You don't need fancy horsemen, carts or knights. Just black out the sun with arrows. Then bolts. Then cannon balls.
    War Cart (Sumerian) - 40

5. OmegaDestroyer

OmegaDestroyer King

Eagle Warrior (Aztec) - 41 - 3 = 38. While Eagle Warriors are certainly strong, they are not nearly as troublesome of opponents as the Pitati Archers or War Carts in the Ancient era.
    Hetairoi (Macedon/Alexander): - 24
    Legion (Rome) - 13
    Mamluk (Arabia) - 37
    Pítati Archer (Nubia) - 45
    War Cart (Sumerian) - 40 + 1 = 41. I suspect this elimination thread is going to come down to Eagle Warriors, Pitati Archers, and War Carts. If it comes down to a one on one fight, the War Cart will easily triumph. It is stronger than the Eagle Warrior and can easily trample the Pitati Archers. If I see 3 Eagle Warriors or Pitati Archers coming for me early on, I'm not too worried. If I see 3 War Carts, I start thinking about who I will play when I reload. Lastly, even if you don't spawn near another Civ, they are great for hunting down barbarians.

Last edited: May 8, 2018
  6. BarbarianHunter

BarbarianHunter King

Hetairoi (Macedon/Alexander) – 25 (24+1) --- Agree 100% with kb27787’s post. Recently ran the whole board on a small map 8 turns before the end of the Classical Era on marathon speed with Alexander. Quite simply, it could not have been done without the Hetairoi unit, not even close (save attached if interested).
    Legion (Rome) – 10 (13-3) --- As previously explained. A slightly enhanced swordsman (40 vs. 36 melee strength) with a builder charge that doesn’t require strategic resources. And? I can essentially duplicate the unit with ANY civ by trailing a 1-charge builder behind my swordsmen as they advance (and iron).

Mamluk (Arabia) - 37
    War Cart (Sumerian) - 41

Attached Files:

7. agonistes

agonistes wants his subs under ice!

Hetairoi (Macedon/Alexander) – 25
    Legion (Rome) – 10
    Mamluk (Arabia) - 34 (37-3); a good unit, but it arrives later than the other allstars. Game is well in hand already.
    War Cart (Sumerian) - 42 (41+1); all good units left, but when push comes to shove, War Cart is the unit I want as it is the dominant unit at the only point in the game where there might be a stress factor from enemy units. It potentially could save your arse, while the rest are just icing.

8. Rosty K

Rosty K King

Hetairoi (Macedon/Alexander) – 22 (25 - 3) - Neither cavalry, nor Macedon fit my playing style, because I will mostly fight barbarian camps and occasionally defend my borders. And of the remaining cavalry this one is the least attractive.
    Legion (Rome) – 11 (10 + 1) - Excellent for my purposes.
    Mamluk (Arabia) - 34
    War Cart (Sumerian) - 42

9. NauticalStrike

NauticalStrike Chieftain

Hetairoi (Macedon/Alexander) – 22
    Legion (Rome) – 8 (11 -3) Time to go.
    Mamluk (Arabia) - 34
    Pítati Archer (Nubia) - 46 (45 + 1) These units are literally cheating.
    War Cart (Sumerian) - 42

10. Hammurabbit

Hammurabbit Warlord

Eagle Warrior (Aztec) - 38 = 41-3 ok builders are good, but you really need to set up the situation and make sure the eagle warrior get the final shot (and hope you'll get it).
    Hetairoi (Macedon/Alexander) – 23 = 22 + 1 attack attack attack! thats all you need to know with these four footed friends
    Legion (Rome) – 8
    Mamluk (Arabia) - 34
    Pítati Archer (Nubia) - 46
    War Cart (Sumerian) - 42

11. OmegaDestroyer

OmegaDestroyer King

Eagle Warriors should be at 35, not 38.

12. Kimiimaro

Kimiimaro King

Indeed. @OmegaDestroyer's downvote got skipped. Next voter, please, fix the Eagle Warrior's score.

13. Chibisuke

Chibisuke Warlord

Eagle Warrior (Aztec) - 32 = 35-3. I would really love this unit if it wasn't so expensive to build. At the end of the day, that is the difference between it and most of the units on the list now. I play on deity. Hard building 3 to 4 eagle warriors at the start of the game is a bear, even if you have ideal production in your first city. IF you have a neighbor very close, it might work out wonderfully (assuming they are not Sumeria or Nubia, in which case you might be screwed. Sorry but you just won't be able to pump out enough eagle warriors before you get overwhelmed by war carts or Nubian archers, both of which are stronger units.) Yes, the free builders are amazing, but it you are dead or seriously behind a snowballing AI, they just won't do enough. Great unit, but the high build cost is its kryptonite.
    Hetairoi (Macedon/Alexander) – 23
    Legion (Rome) – 8
    Mamluk (Arabia) - 34
    Pítati Archer (Nubia) - 47 =46 + 1. It's only real competition is the war cart. Both have 30 strength and enhanced movement. Both relatively cheap. The only difference is the archer can hide in a city or encampment and kill the war cart from there. Thus I give the nod to the archer.
    War Cart (Sumerian) - 42

14. Forster

Forster Prince

Eagle Warrior (Aztec) - 32
    Hetairoi (Macedon/Alexander) – 23
    Legion (Rome) - 40 (39+1=40) I feel the legion is the most well rounded unit in the game, followed by the war cart.
    Mamluk (Arabia) - 42
    Pítati Archer (Nubia) - 42 (45-3=42) Don't see archers as a supreme unit.
    Varu (India) - 1
    War Cart (Sumerian) - 46

I don't know where Chibisuke's numbers came from, so I went back to Victoria's and KayAU's posts.

15. Chibisuke

Chibisuke Warlord

All the values in the above post are off. I think it copied a post from the previous page.

16. Kimiimaro

Kimiimaro King

Fixed scores in my vote.

Eagle Warrior (Aztec) - 32
    Hetairoi (Macedon/Alexander) - 23
    Legion (Rome) - 9-3=6 - Their builder charge is nice, not requiring iron too, but I'm afraid the other units here are simply better when I want to conquer other empires and kill enemy units.
    Mamluk (Arabia) - 34
    War Cart (Sumer) - 42+1=43 - Comes in the very first turn for a reasonable price, very strong and fast and doesn't suffer any penalty to anti-cav units.

17. Chibisuke

Chibisuke Warlord

I think Rome is supposed to be 6 now based on the language of the above post.

18. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

Did you just upvote two and no downvote?

19. Kimiimaro

Kimiimaro King

Fixed. I posted it without even checking, and started Civ V scenario :crazyeye:

20. Mr. Shadows

Mr. Shadows Nomad of the time streams

Eagle Warrior (Aztec) - 29 (32-3=29) These units are good but it's gotten blown out of proportion. I don't have nearly the confidence in them that I do the other remaining units.
    Hetairoi (Macedon/Alexander) - 23
    Legion (Rome) - 7 (6+1=7) Well, I can see how this is going. The Legion will finish in 6th place. I think it's undervalued there but hey, this elimination has been fun.
    Mamluk (Arabia) - 34
    War Cart (Sumer) - 43

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.