Attachments

• ModelPack1.7z
    6.8 MB · Views: 191
The start of my models posting

If you want a specific one just request it

This is most of them except the TIE fighter and X-wing hope it helps

ok. :)
still having trouble with the animation dewhicky in bryce though. :/

the SD is missing a file, ROSTsomething i think.
as for the bryce issue, that's just cause i've never toyed with animation in it. :)
i'm pretty ok with using bryce though. :)
click meh

Could someone make these into usable models or is someone already doing that?

Could some people help us think of a new unique beggining unit for each civ and one for each era. T_KCommander could you give us the era list here please?

Could some people help us think of a new unique beggining unit for each civ and one for each era. T_KCommander could you give us the era list here please?

What do you mean? Please explain:confused:

Like a starting unit eg: a settler
A planet specific unit eg:Wookie
A unique unit eg:The Chimaera (Thrawns Flagship)
:confused:

Also is it possible to name units automatically (like great people) this would be useful with ships, there are so many ship names out there, it would be fun, and would make the units more memorable

What we want is like the wookie but a special one for each civ. Possibly even a special one for each era also.
If you could get all those ship names I'll gladly add them in

Hmm, easy for Mandalorians, i think.
Early: Basilisk war droid, or Bes'uliik, "iron beast." A sort of hybrid fighter/ground unit. More space unit than ground if you have to choose, I think.
Mid: Mandalorian Supercommandos, or Mando Ori'ramikade. Elite ground troops.
Late: Bes'uliik-class assault starfighter, "Bessie." A fighter-bomber.

The hard part would be making models especially for the basilisk, I guess.

Mandalorians

We shouldn't get to set on the mandalorians things; the clone wars season 2 :love: is going to be pretty heavy on the mandalorians from the look of it, and with the whole Karen Travis thing (no offense intended to you fandalorians) they are not exactly set in stone

Unit Lists: (in estimated order of construction)
Executor Class Star Dreadnought:
Executor, Lusankya, Terror, Vengeance, Guardian, Annihilator, Reaper, Brawl, (K)Night Hammer, Intimidator

Eras:
Infinite Era
Sith Era
Prequel Era
Classical Era
New Republic Era
New Jedi Order Era
Legacy Era

and i kinda feel up to making a unit which one specificlly would benifit us right now?

One of those Yuuzhan Vong ships would be great but really anything we're requesting and don't have.

I'm far for Traviss fan, of her work I've only read her contribution to LotF. I think she dragged that series down somewhat. I doubt that Clone Wars can bring anything cool in the field. Maybe something memorable, though.

Executor, Lusankya, Terror, Vengeance, Guardian, Annihilator, Reaper, Brawl, (K)Night Hammer, Intimidator
Intimidator was built pretty early, it's just that she spent most of her life as Pride of Yevetha. Some names that could also arguably included are Iron Fist and Razor's Kiss.

Also, I think Megador probably looks very similar to classic SSD, but that's more of a writers' desire to use familiar imagery on NJO and Legacy eras. X-Wings instead of E-Wings, Imperial Star Destroyers instead of Nebula-class and so on.

The updated Executor Class Star Destroyer list:

Executor, Lusankya (Executor II), Terror, Vengeance, Intimidator(Pride of Yevetha), Guardian, Annihilator,Iron Fist, Reaper,Razor's Kiss, Brawl, (K)Night Hammer

Is the first page unit list up-to-date? If so, I definitely think things need to get added. With the small amount of units there wouldn't be enough content to keep many people attracted for very long.

Is the first page unit list up-to-date? If so, I definitely think things need to get added. With the small amount of units there wouldn't be enough content to keep many people attracted for very long.

A smaller number of units also simplifies the game, not everyone who plays this will know Star Wars like we do. Its best if we have a few interesting and high quality units, that players can have in millions of different interaction. Too many units would bog down the more casual players. That being said me still need more units. I still like interdictor star destroyers, gravity wells would be sweet.

Also lets put a lot of thing from the movies and well known, books, video games, that "normal" people would have played or at least heard of, Oh thats a millennium falcon, thats what kessel looks like, hey Darth Sion. If we use a lot of obscure references (like Marvel Star Wars #81 Jawa's of Doom, which I have read, Boba Lives:eek::confused::mad::cool:) the players will just roll there eyes and go play another mod.

A smaller number of units also simplifies the game, not everyone who plays this will know Star Wars like we do. Its best if we have a few interesting and high quality units, that players can have in millions of different interaction. Too many units would bog down the more casual players. That being said me still need more units. I still like interdictor star destroyers, gravity wells would be sweet.

Also lets put a lot of thing from the movies and well known, books, video games, that "normal" people would have played or at least heard of, Oh thats a millennium falcon, thats what kessel looks like, hey Darth Sion. If we use a lot of obscure references (like Marvel Star Wars #81 Jawa's of Doom, which I have read, Boba Lives:eek::confused::mad::cool:) the players will just roll there eyes and go play another mod.

I don't think it's quite as extreme as that. Most things are fairly straight-forward in Civilization; even if you don't know the unit, you can figure out how it works. Fall from Heaven was completely original and had no reference and added many new features, yet people still enjoy it. Clearly this wasn't because they had "too many unknown units." Instead they made interesting, popular units.

Additionally, many 'cool' units could intrigue players further into the Star Wars universe. Certainly someone who never saw or read Episode II would be enticed by the idea of Republic Clones.

Top Bottom