1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Unit Report Screen 1.7.3

Adds a Unit Report Screen and Fixes Yields Report

1. GMiller7138

GMiller7138 Chieftain

resonansER likes this.
  2. GMiller7138

GMiller7138 Chieftain

I integrated the changes Firaxis made to the Report Screen to 1.6. If you see any issues, let me know

3. GMiller7138

GMiller7138 Chieftain

resonansER likes this.
  4. ShoeMoney

ShoeMoney Chieftain

I apologize if this was addressed earlier I could not find it going through the thread.

I am on the mac and all looks good except when I click on my city I get nothing to manage.

5. ShoeMoney

ShoeMoney Chieftain

To make it easier I made a quick video of it:

SH0E.net/ScreenFlow.mp4

6. GMiller7138

GMiller7138 Chieftain

Sorry, I don't have a mac so I am unable to test or reproduce. Since the mod doesn't really interact with anything except reportscreen.lua and the promotion panel, I'm at a lost to explain it. Are you using any other mods? Have you tried it without the mod loaded? I'm not really sure what else it could be, I'm sorry.

7. ShoeMoney

ShoeMoney Chieftain

I am using the production Queue mod but I turned it off and tried again.

OSX you can install on vmware or whatever. I know this seems like a lot but I would be willing to make a good donation for your time. Just let me know - jeremy@shoemoney.com

8. Daedraug

Daedraug Chieftain

It doesn't work; nothing shows up when I click on the "View Reports" button.
    I can hear the "click" though.
    Fyi, I also installed "RestartButton" mod (http://www.nexusmods.com/civilisationvi/mods/22/?).
    My screen resolution is 3440x1440.
    I hope this will help to fix this mod that seems to be great!
    EDIT : same issue with "regular" and DirectX12 version of the game.
    EDIT : I tried with no other mods than "Unit Report Screen", same result; it doesn"t work at all.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
  9. GMiller7138

GMiller7138 Chieftain

Start a new game with no mods activated and see if you can click the View Reports button. I only have a 1080 screen so I can't do any real testing on anything bigger, but I am pretty sure that resolution should not affect anything.

If you are able to get into the screen without the mod activated, then re-activate the mod, start a new game, and attempt to click the view reports button again.

If nothing happens, then I'd ask you to go to the documents/my games/civ 6/ directory (where you have the mods folder) and go into the Logs directory and either upload your Lua.log file or copy and paste the last few lines or so.
    If there is an issue, then it should produce an error log from that file.

10. Daedraug

Daedraug Chieftain

Thank you for your reply.
    I actually have issue with (probably) all mods :/
    The investigation is here: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/mods-not-working-at-all-help.606288/ (with logs)

Thank you again for your help ! :)

11. Miyoshi618

Miyoshi618 Chieftain

anyone found anything unusual with this mod with the new DLCs?

12. Raven_2012

Raven_2012 Chieftain

I don't know, to me a save game I have with the mod after the update seems really choppy, kind of laggy. Another save game that doesn't have the mod, around same amount of moves and lots of civs revealed and a lot going on seems to work normal, no issues.

13. GMiller7138

GMiller7138 Chieftain

I haven't played with the new DLC and updates yet; I'll take a look and try to fix any issues they may have

14. grc

grc Chieftain

Hey, GMiller, love your mod. I am not a modder and not super techy, but I can tell you my experience and help you as much as I can as I'd love to keep using your mod.

I loaded several mods on December 18 and really loved it. I was running TCS Omnibus 1.2.2, Better Trade Screen, Production Queue, More Lenses, Larger Worlds 2.3, Detailed Worlds, Research Reminder, Alert Guard and your Unit Report Screen. I also had NameAlreadyUsed's version of Divine Yuri's CityPanel mod.

When the winter update came out, my existing game broke such that I could not click the toggle that brought up the City Details screen on the top left. I restarted a game and have not experienced that same problem. However, in subsequent games, every time I acquire enough faith to get a pantheon, the "get pantheon" button becomes inactive and does not bring up the pantheon screen, essentially freezing my game because I can't continue. At first, I thought it was the CityPanel mod as that thread had people having problems with various buttons becoming inactive, so I deleted that mod and re-added an update he'd made, but that didn't help. Then I just deleted that mod and the game still froze when I reached the pantheon stage. So then I began removing one mod at a time, playing 38 turns in fortify mode with the god king policy until I accumulated enough faith to get a pantheon. I finally got to your Unit Report Screen and, once I'd removed that mod, I was able to choose a pantheon. I re-added all of the other mods except yours and tried again and was able to choose a pantheon. I didn't expect your mod had anything to do with the choose pantheon button - I can only tell you what I found...and it appears something about your mod and the choose pantheon button in the winter release is simply not working properly...

Let me know if you need any more assistance. If you need a log or something, it would help if you provided specific instructions about how to get it to you as I'm not a technical person, but am detail-oriented and can get around a bit if I have good instructions. :)

Thanks again for the time you (and everyone) puts into these mods - it makes a huge difference in the gameplay! And Merry Xmas too!

EDIT (12/29): I played a game with your mod removed. As I mentioned, I was able to choose a pantheon, however my game froze later when I could not choose a religion - the button would not advance to the religion screen. So...now I'm not sure if it was your mod or one of the other mods above. Regardless, this sucks and I'm hoping someone can figure out how to help me. Is there anyway to fix the issue in-game? Or should I just go back to playing vanilla...

EDIT (12/31): Wow, tried again with only Detailed Worlds and got stuck not being able to click the Choose Pantheon button again. This means that there is either a problem with Detailed Worlds OR a defect in vanilla Civ. Either way it sucks - does anyone know how to override the game to be able to choose a pantheon - is there a developer command I can use or something?

Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
  15. Raven_2012

Raven_2012 Chieftain

So is everything good with this mod, with the Winter patch? I haven't followed up on the mod status since I was moving out of state.

16. KevSkegRed

KevSkegRed Chieftain

Love this mod but 1 thing that I would love to see implemented if at all possible is one of those silly little things that Firaxis seem to think isn't necessary. An always active unit rename button would be great, I'm sick of having to wait for the 2nd promotion and then it's infuriating clicking on the quill icon only for the AI to decide that it really needs to do something else while you're renaming your unit and I end up with units called "The", "The A", "The B" etc, etc. So would it be possible for you to implement?? :king::thumbsup:

17. Gyrofalcon

Gyrofalcon Warlord

You can type what ever you like with your keyboard, after 2nd promotion.

18. KevSkegRed

KevSkegRed Chieftain

How?? There's nowhere to click to open the edit dialogue or I can't find it.

19. GMiller7138

GMiller7138 Chieftain

20. bladex

bladex Emperor

i've been using this fine for the winter patch though?

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017