1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Unit Request Thread

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Unit Graphics' started by Jennar, Sep 25, 2010.

1. Hulfgar

Hulfgar Emperor

yes this could be a solution :) but for the basic ironclad from Civ 5 I find it not so elegant as those pictured above :)

2. KnelRivendare

KnelRivendare Warlord

yes indeed, they look way more elegant
    the standard ironclad looks kind of like they tried to merge an armored cruiser and a dreadnought imo :D

3. GeoModder

GeoModder Deity

The dreadnought types didn't appear out of thin air, you know... ;)

4. A.Aquila

A.Aquila Chieftain

Is there any chance of anyone making more units for the Maya? The ancient to classic to I think medieval era units are pretty awesome so far, but in comparison to the other Civs they start losing their custom unit graphics pretty early. I know the Aztec are probably easier to make units for as they're mainly where Mexico is today, and the Maya are spread across parts of Mexico, Guatamala, Honduras, and El Salvador.

5. LuvToBuild

LuvToBuild Prince

I'm hoping someone here can help me out with some Civ4 -> Civ5 unit conversions that I need for my mod. I'm hoping these won't be too difficult for someone more up to speed on the tools. I seem to be getting stuck on the Blender to Nexus/GR2 part.

My current list of needs can be found here. PM me or post in the thread if you can help. Thanks.

6. aschulak

aschulak Chieftain

7. Tuesti_R

Tuesti_R Chieftain

I'm looking for female units like Swordswoman by saibotlieh(Civ4).
    I could not carry out converting.

8. Merkava120

Merkava120 Oberleutnant

Is it possible to make a standard bearer? Never seen anything like it, just a cool idea

9. Nutty

Nutty Deity

There's the one that's part of the Great Artist unit. It could easily be tweaked and co-opted for other uses.

10. Merkava120

Merkava120 Oberleutnant

Oh, this is a civ v form isn't it? :hammer: I thought it was civ iv. My bad

11. Weald

Weald Chieftain

Has anyone ever made/or willing to make a Stridsvagn 103 (aka the 'S Tank') for Civ 5??

12. Bergerperson

Bergerperson An actual Canadian

13. mrc2022

mrc2022 Capitão Rolinho

I'm looking for a unit that can use both bow and sword, a ranger, liked cloaked
    Or at least two units, one cloaked with bow and one cloaked with sword
    Is there anything like it?

PS: cloaked/hooded
    here is the idea

14. VicRatlhead5199

VicRatlhead5199 King

I'm working on a mod that addresses the antitank line. I don't like how long it takes to get from lancers to antitank guns. I don't mind taking pikemen out of the front line infantry role since your crossbowmen will become frontline units when you get gatling guns shortly after. I like how units change roles midgame like that. It forces a change in strategy that makes the game interesting. What I don't like is how the antitank gun changes those fast attack lancers back into slow infantry. With the regular infantry, aa guns, machine guns etc. there's just too many 2 movement 1-hex attack units already and I'd like to add a couple hover-type units that fit in with the helicopter gunship.

If the lancer counters cavalry, and the gunship counters modern armor I think a zeppelin-type airship would be good for the landship and an A-10 Thunderbolt II "Warthog" would be great for tanks. I'd make the Warthog function like the helicopter gunship since it's a slow moving short ranged jet not meant for long range missions.

I used the airship from the Steampunk scenario (I know it doesn't look very realistic but it fits what I'm trying to do.) but I don't have any artwork to base the Warthog on. If anybody more talented at this sort of thing could help me that'd be great.

15. PawelS

PawelS Ancient Druid

Such units would be useful for me too...

16. j51

j51 Blue Star Cadet

Could someone make a unit graphic for a generic Napoleonic era Line Infantry with a Shako? I mean generic in the sense that the jacket would change colour depending on the civ. I'd like to replace the Civil-War era riflemen graphics with this.

17. Tomatekh

Tomatekh Sahib-i-Qirani

Hey everyone, I really need a unit for one of my upcoming civs. There was a model in Civ IV. I can't remember if it was ever used in the standard game, but it was the Supply Train in the BTS Charlemagne scenario:

Spoiler :

If someone could convert this for Civ V (assuming it can be converted), I'd be really grateful. I can probably send the Civ IV files if needed.

Thanks!

18. Pazyryk

Pazyryk Deity

I'd love to see this one. Dardanelles Gun or "super-sized" bombard:

"Such super-sized bombards had been employed in Western Europe siege warfare since the beginning of the 15th century, and were introduced to the Ottoman army in 1453 by the gunfounder Orban (from Brasov, Kingdom of Hungary) on the occasion of the Siege of Constantinople." --from Wiki

19. LakeTroll

LakeTroll Chieftain

I'm working on a Game of Thrones ethnic unit mod at the moment. I've managed to get together almost half the new art I need. However there are a few things I would really like to have.

Bakuel's Hungarian Units of the Middle Ages would give me a lot to work with if some kind soul would convert them to Civ 5 for me. If team color could be added to the shields I would love you forever!

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=11894

The Holy Roman Empire unit pack has a lot of options that would hep me out with early age units.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=12500

This guy would be perfect for one of the UUs
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=8869

I would like this bad boy to become my new default knight with the team color on his chest and back rather than the current locations.
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=2689

Also if anyone knows of some 15th century style unit are that is already formated for Civ V please let me know!

20. Frostedthread2

Frostedthread2 Chieftain

Colonial Musketmen for each civilization.