1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Unit requests thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Unit Graphics' started by Thunderfall, Feb 5, 2006.

1. nate022

nate022 Chieftain

Has anyone made a LAV? If so i'd like a link to it please. Animation would be nice.

below is a pic of a LAV

2. Killamike718

Killamike718 Proud Maya User

WOW I like that unit, Ill model it on my spare time, and try to texture it. I cant put it in the game yet because i dont know how to export animations, but when i learn,ill finish it.

3. taltho

taltho The Essoteric Copious

Hi all

I'm wondering if it's possable to make a unit that could build a boat, maby in a forest near watter or somthing. I do belive this was done in the past many times duting battle. Cortez of Spain had boats built at least twice in the Americas. I don't remember all the details or the other referances in history.

Anyway I still think this would be cool. I don't know that anyone else has requested such a thing. I need it for a mod I'm building, and a map style I'm scripting(I belive its called scripting) It would be verry cool if it is possable and some one could do this for me or point me in a direction of how I can learn to do it myself. Thanks.

4. nate022

nate022 Chieftain

because my knowledge of 3d modeling and nifs is mediocre, i wanted to post ANOTHER request for a modern unit, A sheridan light tank. This would be perfect for my mod that im making. i have pics if anyone is interested.

5. Great_Scott

Great_Scott aka Cottus Arci

I want the catapult to be able to bombard units.

And I want a trebuchet, as well :)

6. Spartan117

Spartan117 Immortal

there is already a trebuchet in many mods already

7. jamie006

jamie006 Shur'tugal

a dragon rider. just like the eagle rider exept a dragon not an eagle

8. MrPinchyPants

MrPinchyPants Chieftain

How about a battlemech for all those future mods?

9. Chalid

Chalid Black Dragon

That one is in production (actually the dragon is at the moment right now running, afterwards a flying version, the rider will be put on top in the future.) It might need some weeks through.

10. jamie006

jamie006 Shur'tugal

ok thanks i was going to use it in my eragon mod....

11. MrPinchyPants

MrPinchyPants Chieftain

Need

-battlemech
    -sovremenny class destroyer
    -iroquois class destroyer
    -type 99 tank

12. Killamike718

Killamike718 Proud Maya User

Well if you wait till the Starcraft Mod is released with new graphics i will post tons of Futuristic units that will be of intrest to you! Trust me.

13. reziztor

reziztor Chieftain

My request might be simple. I have no idea how to do it myself though. I want the games cavalry unit to be have a grey uniform and riding a black horse. So I could use it in the CSA MOD as their UU... As CONFEDERATE RANGER.

14. Osymandias

Osymandias Grand King of Apes

15. GarretSidzaka

GarretSidzaka Deity

how about..... a sandworm from the Dune series.

16. Head Serf

Head Serf Emperor

I would really appreciate it if someone could make these units:

M24 Chaffee (American Tank)
    M26 Pershing (American Tank)
    A41 Centurion (British Tank)
    SU-76 (Soviet Artillery)
    F-86 Sabre (American Fighter)
    Transport Helicopter

17. Osymandias

Osymandias Grand King of Apes

18. Spartan117

Spartan117 Immortal

oh is anybody interested in making 3rd UU of vanilla civs?
    i already thought of most units and know of names and the units they will replace

pretty please...:D

19. civ_4_rox

civ_4_rox Chieftain

i need the german panzer a good upgrademaybe a sam style missle launche on the back im drooling already

20. snafusmith

snafusmith Unit Maker

As one of the few unit makers out there, here's some advice I can give on how to get your units made:

1-Be precise in what you want. Saying one or 2 lines doesn't help much. If you want a battlemech (for example, it's come up a couple times), say what kind. The more specific you are, the more likely you'll get exactly what you want, and it makes it much easier for the unit maker.
    2-Show pictures. You might know exactly what an HH-60 is, but not everyone will know it's effectively a USAF Pavehawk helicopter (same as the famous blackhawk). General pictures of the unit in use help, but aren't nearly as good as a set of profiles (Like This). I won't start any unit without a set of profiles like that. It doesn't matter how many photos you can show me from every possible angle. Without those 3 matched views, it's not worth the effort.
    3-Try and help the maker out. If all you want is an animated model to texture, say so. Try and make it yourself if you want it so badly. If someone tried to make their favorite tank, gave a good effort but had problems in certain areas, I would be more than happy to help out. The more you help us, the more we can help you.

I've been watching the request threads trying to find out what to make next, but haven't seen much in the way of clear cut requests. There have been a few very good requests that I'm trying to get to. The others just seem to get left behind. Generally I will ignore any request that doesn't have 1 and 2 from above. 3 is just gravy, shows me that there's hope for when I give up making units in a month.

-Smitty