Unit requests thread

@snafusmith

sorry my brief lines was to see if anybody was interested in making that many units or if they wanted to help on some...anyway i think that it is pretty hard to get profiles, like the one shown inn your post, for say like not mechanical units..

It would be awesome if someone could recreate Balou's (?) Parachutiste unit from Civ3. Alternately, any Euro style modern soldier with a beret and something other than an M-16 would be good. :cool:

a unit request coming up. Could you make a sort of hero unit. Eragon. heres some of the best pics i could get. As for a description of his body he is a swordsman with a red sword. here is a pick of him as a sims 2 modle and his head for ideas. It could just be a simple reskin of a swordsman (no shoulder pads) but a new body would look better

http://thumbs.modthesims2.com:443/im...3_51468948.jpg

p.s in the movie pic hes the one with the blond hair at the front.

thx

Hello,

I need

- a mobile rocket launching pad (for nuclear-rockets)
- a truck
- a transport-helicopter
- a modern infantry with light MG and bazooka (the SAM would do if it uses the bazooka against tanks and planes!)

and

- a mobile artillery with missiles.

Thanks.

ok...i made a tank from warhammer 40k, the leman russ tank, and i'm not too good with texturing and well i don't how to make a nif. I used some roland guys tutorial but in the game it turns into a red circle.
what i'm asking is for someone to texture my creation and make it into a nif. any help would be appreciated.

the link for the file is below. In the file, one has tracks the other does not. the files are blender files

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads11/Leman_russ.zip

this one is for dual and snafusmith, but anyone else feel free to have fun. i think you guys would enjoy this one.

I need some generic space craft for a space colony mod. freighters, colony slowships, attack flitters, dreadnaughts, cargo barges, anything.

GraveEatr said:
If somebody could make a C-5 Galaxy or C-141 Starlifter, I'd be thankful. :)

Same with a Vietcong unit.

Bump for the VC and Air Force cargo planes. :crazyeye:

More requests... (sorry if they're reposts)

MiG-29 Fulcrum
WWII German Infantry
Mobile SCUD Launcher

Could someone make a dwarf riding Rabbit, White's griffon with a hammer that looks like it is made of lightning/energy as an air unit. you don't really have to animate the dwarf rider much/at all as it would be an air unit, it would use the jetfighter's animation but throw a warhammer of lighting/energy instead. I would love to see it.

also, can someone do one of Todd Lockwood's dragons?

I know they appear daunting but most of the texture could just be the included in the skin and not the actual model, right?

If I could model and animate dragons like that Xereq, I'd be all over that! :D Someday... hopefully...

there are some dragons coming out allready that look a bit like that
(well of course they do dragons are dragons) ;)

Rabbit said:
If I could model and animate dragons like that Xereq, I'd be all over that! :D Someday... hopefully...

I'm pretty sure that you could pull something like this off, afterall, you made the griffon!, I imagine a dragon like the silver would start with the body of a lion, remove the head, add a snake like neck by copying the neck of the lion a bunch of times and blending it into a single shape, then model the headand attach itfore the tail you could add a shape similar to the neck but have it taper to a point, the wings could be a combination between the lion's front legs and the wings you put on that one demon swordsmen you made.

I don't expect perfection or animation, just a working base that you can tweak around later. Just to get the ball rolling, like you did with the firemage. Even if I am a bit naive when it comes to modeling, I hope to do t for a living at some point in my life, and I have a lot of faith in your ability man!

i have a series of requests

first one is simple, can somebody do it?..:mischief:

replace the obsidian blade on jaguar unit and give it an "ancient" spear somehow add feathers
...and the animation would likely be of a spearmen

I am currently working on a Final Fantasy 6 Mod and am in need of new unit graphics. My only specification is that the human units be done with a Manga influence. Any monster units should hold true to the original Final Fantasy 6 art. Thanks in advance for any time you put in on this.

The Great Apple said:
"The Space Marines of the Adeptus Astartes are Humanity's ultimate warriors, dedicated to the defence of the Emperor and the Imperium of Man. They are barely human at all, but superhuman, having been made superior, in all respects, to a normal man by a harsh regime of genetic modification, psycho-conditioning and rigorous training."

I expect this one to be quite a challege - lots of annoying curvy bits alongside organic animation. There are options for converting higher-poly models if you want to. Here is a link to an 8000 poly standard space marine model, and if you check out this page there are a few other Marine models.

Being ever the perfectionist, I'd quite like him animated. It would also be quite nice if the majority of the armour could be Civ-coloured, as this is how space marines are! If you need any other referance material google has thousands of images. If you need animation inspiration, check out this thread.

There are several other units that I'd quite like to base off the same model. If you fancy a go at this they are:

Assault Marine (jump pack - this guy flys)
Devistator Marine (shoulder mounted heavy weapons)
Space Marine Sergant (no helmet, big banner attached to backpack)

Thanks in advance...

Umm someone who knows how to use these models needs to get muffins Space Marine's models from TurboSquid and then either limit the poly count because on some of his units there are a high number of polys. Plus totally redo the mapping of the unit..

all in all Muffins provided the base model...you work around it

I would do this myself but...uhh...I have no clue how to start formating the model for Civ...like I have 3DS max...just I dont have the abilities to do any type of game usage. Plus some of muffins units DONT import into 3DS Max correctly, dont know why

Also how about a Mobile Anti-Air unit that has 2-4 gattling cannons....that are mounted on the back of a Half Track or Humvee....depending on how crazy you are...

I think I could build the model but to animate it...no

I wasn't sure where to post this request, so sorry for all the repeats.

I would like a "neutral", non-civilization aligned unit that civs could build. Pretty much like pirates, mercenaries, or the "privateer" unit from Civ 3. They could invade other territories but not cause a war, but should probably be weaker than regular units so that players don't exploit them and launch unofficial wars.

Ideally, I would like an infantry unit, a cavalry or mobile unit, and a naval unit in each age, along with a gunship. I know this is a tall order, but if someone can show me how to do this, I'd be happy to do it myself. Graphically, the unit colors would have to be made neutral somehow, but I think the units should simply be made using existing models. So, a mercenary swordsman would simply be a weaker, neutral colored swordsman model.

Let me know if you have any interest, and I can work out stats and the actual units I would like. And thanks so much for all the great work!

Top Bottom