1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Unit requests thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Unit Graphics' started by Thunderfall, Feb 5, 2006.

1. Healz

Healz General

I do think there are a few things getting made. Question though, is whether it is the fact that CIV IV is still quite new as to whether there is not a critical mass of people making units. Regardless some units are getting made such as the C-5 Galaxy which proves this request thread is not entirely useless.

2. adamamri

adamamri Vive les frites!!! lol

Hello, for all creators. It would be possible to create units modern of artillery and DCA please?
    Thank you in advance. :)

3. hrochland

hrochland Prince

I would like apostrophize to you all, who are good in mastering work with 3dMax Studio. Are you capable someone, please, to create simple animations for Moon22 unit in this thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=180745
    I can´t do it in the meantime, but I think this unit deserve to bring to life.

4. ClassicThunder

ClassicThunder Prince

5. Healz

Healz General

Cool idea the AWACs but how would you use it? As an advanced spy plane? Kinda seems useless as all of the planes in the game can do reconnaisance, and by the time you get up to the modern age, you should be able to see at least 95%-100% of the map.
    Healz.

6. ClassicThunder

ClassicThunder Prince

It's going to have a chance of seeing invisable units, unlike the other planes.

7. Anthraxus899

Anthraxus899 Chieftain

I know this thread says unit requests, but maybe buildings can go in here too (if there is a building graphics thread, I can't seen it). I have noticed that Switzerland in my personal has no unique building, I so was wondering if someone could make a Swiss Bank graphic. I'm half Swiss, so this is fairly important to me.

8. ClassicThunder

ClassicThunder Prince

Building request are usualy made here in the Civ4 - Graphics Modpacks forum. But thats a good idea. Send me some pics and if I find the time I'll work on it.

9. Healz

Healz General

Ah, okay I see how you were thinking of using it. A good idea.

10. Italicus

Italicus Italia Redenta

I've got any requests:

- Tank Ariete (Italian)
    - Tank Leclerc (French)
    - Tank Challenger (English)
    - AVP Centauro (Italian)
    - Helicopter Mangusta A-129 (Italian)
    - Eurocopter Tiger (German-French)
    - Hummer (American)

Thanks.

11. Healz

Healz General

Sounds good. I think there is a Hummer in the thread somewhere Italicus, but there is no Avenger SAM which I would like. Ah, well can't have everything.

12. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

Need a djinn carpet rider, spearman carpet rider, etc.

13. asioasioasio

asioasioasio Fallout Scrubber

Yep that's reason - to less creators - and it's not tough thing - 5 months ago i didn't anything about 3d modelling - and once learned it's great fun :) - you can find cool tutorials and video tutorials, also check the sharicks tut in tuts section - how to make unit for civ4 - i learned few important things there :)

so the problem is to less creators and that few works for mods usually (i work on ww2 mod - so 90% of models is ww2 - and unfortunatelly have many in queue) - there's only few freelancers :( - after the mod will be finished, probably i join group of freelancers - making models is greater fun than making mods ;)

14. GarretSidzaka

GarretSidzaka Deity

I am also learning 3d modeling right now. it is hard to understand, but once you start getting it, it gets a little easier. i want to make units here too one day

15. strategyonly

Good i wish someone would do all, MY requests that i made, LOL

16. snafusmith

snafusmith Unit Maker

As a slightly dissolusioned unit maker, I find comments like that useless. Whenever I do a request, it's because there's a common need by many people (as well as feasibility, usefulness, and how much fun it would be to do).

I highly recommend that if you want a unit so badly, follow GarretSidzaka example and try some modeling. It's really not that hard once you give it a try. All the software required is free, and there are pleanty of tutorials available. Besides, if you ever get stuck you have plenty of experienced unit makers on this forum to help.

17. strategyonly

It was part of a joke, but thax for the info, as you noticed i put a LOL on the END!!!:p

18. Fuzzz

Fuzzz you

I was wondering if someone could make a maceman holding a goedendag. This is some information i found about this weapon on the internet. Thx in advance.

The goedendag is a typical Flemish weapon, which is nothing else but a sturdy, chest length wooden staff, slightly thicker at the top, on which an iron pin is fastened, fixed with an iron ring.

It was much used during the late 13th and early 14th century in Flanders and proved to be a most effective weapon. The goedendag was used as a club in the first strike. Afterwards it was possible to thrust with it. So it had kind of a double feature.

Functional Spear Head is Hand forged from steel. 4 1/2' Overall length, Spear head 14" long, Spike 9 3/4" long. The weight is approximately 3.85 lbs.

Look below for some images.

Spoiler :

19. Healz

Healz General

I would if I knew how, but even with tutorials I am damned to not know in the slightest where to start. Add to that the fact that I never was that good at art and you can understand why a lot of my requests I stand on the sidelines and wait. I think though that it would be a good idea if someone posted about an easy way to do the cardboard counter unit addition so that I could add in some of the units I have always wanted. Oh and to Italicus, I have a link which I will post now, which I have found to the Civ IV Humvee posted in these forums by snafusmith.
    HTML:
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=172148&page=2&highlight=humvee

20. Chazcon

Chazcon Prince

A few units I need for a mod I'm working on:

- C-47 Dakota air transport

- WWI British 'Mark-series' tank

- Paratroop Infantry - thinking Infantry with additioal pack on chest, net over helmet

- UH-1 Huey helicopter transport

- Cruiser (mid way in size between destroyer and Battleship)

- Medic - thinking Infantry with Red Cross embles on helmet and armbands

- Recon - WW2 german SdKfz 23-234 series vehicle

- Battering Ram

I bet half of these have already been made, but I spent the evening searching for and downloading units and I'll be damned if I can find them. If anyone has a link to any of these I'd be very grateful!