1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Unit requests thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Unit Graphics' started by Thunderfall, Feb 5, 2006.

1. cobains disease

cobains disease Chieftain

Yeah that would be logical. It seems as though naval warfare was mostly overlooked in Civ 4 giving more focus to ground battles.

2. Chazcon

Chazcon Prince

A few units I need for my ChazMod, if anyone's up for it:

- Paratroop - Infantry unit modded to add a chest pack, camo net on helmet, and a Thompson in place of the rifle

- Maratha Light Infantry - Marine with a G3 rifle, slightly different uniform color

- Air Transport - snafusmith already made this, just gotta find where he uploaded it

- Light Cavalry - Napoleonic Hussar uniform

- Heavy Cavalry - French Napoleonic Cuirassier uniform

the two cav units would require some serious artwork

3. snafusmith

snafusmith Unit Maker

You can't find it because it hasn't been uploaded yet.;) It'll be released in the patch for the Modern Warfare Mod tonight (well, tonight for me).

4. Olaf_The_Great

Olaf_The_Great Omnicidal Oligarch

About the Hittie War chariot, I would REALLY want that.

PS:I'm back after 2 years.6 months and 13 days

5. Chazcon

Chazcon Prince

lol snafu, thanks. I'm in Oregon so I think we're in the same time zone, aren't we? PST?

heh it was 2 degrees here the other morning and we all thought that was horrible. I bet that's nothing to you!

Cheers

6. snafusmith

snafusmith Unit Maker

Yeah, it's just about 0F here, and I'm thinking of wearing shorts when I ski this afternoon. Also Chazcon, I sent you a PM...

7. Healz

Healz General

Wow, tough guy. Anyway, Snafusmith, I would like to know whether you know of any buddies that may be good at designing textures. I just need a texture for a C-5 Galaxy model that someone has made. It would be cool to have that in MaxRiga Mod. I must also get the pictures I have of the A-12 Avenger up so that can be used as the top of the US fighter tree in MaxRiga mod...

8. Hadrean

Hadrean Hi, how are you?

I would like a Typhoon class submarine.

9. seady

seady Prince

I read that as a Hitler War Chariot, which was a very confusing image!

10. Healz

Healz General

Now that would be weird. I would imagine an idea like that as an armored car with a large set of speakers and radio aerials spraying out propaganda over a large scale radius...

11. Master Kodama

Master Kodama Nitpicker

1. I'd really like to see the peltast included in Warlords reworked into an Incan Fire Slinger. All this would require would be to attach fire to the sling projectile and reskin the unit.

To explain what an Incan Fire Slinger is, the Inca had excellent textile technology, which they used to make slings of high quality. They would then frequently heat sling-stones and wrap them in pitch-soaked cloth. Once hurled from their slings, projectiles would burst into flame in mid-air. Sound cool? Well you can bet if freaked the crap out of the Spanish invaders.

The guy in the middle in the attached image can be used for reference. Feel free to also use the vanilla Quechua for reference or materials, or anything else you can find that's relatively authentic.

2. Another New World themed request of a different nature: I'd also like to see the Aztec Jaguar with a metal sword. Shouldn't be to difficult -- would be cool and very useful for any alternate history scenarios. The shield could change or stay the same, entirely up to anyone who wants to take on the task.

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

12. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

How about a chain-saw person, that shows a person head getting cut off and "Blood"!

13. arithegreat

arithegreat world ruler

14. Mexico

Mexico TR senior programmer

because in warlords is possible to have 3 ART tags for unit (early, middle, late - in vanilla was only early and late) - what about creating new worker (or just reskin old) for medieval eras? I don't like ancient workers in 19th century :)

15. Healz

Healz General

Yes spy planes would be cool but not that useful really unless you could automate them to fly a pre-determined range around a city or airbase... Really do hope though that they reintroduce airbases and radartowers as I really miss them and what they stood for. I always thought radar was a great thing in C3C even though they took it out of the mix which was a pity...

16. AlazkanAssassin

AlazkanAssassin Engineer

All I need is someone to make a hat for me.
    Napoleon's hat. Something like the one in this picture:

Attached Files:

17. arithegreat

arithegreat world ruler

There is Typhoon class submarine already exists under its real name Akula the Typhoon are NATO´s reporting name.

Search for akula I have seen it in some mods maybe MaxRiga, Total Realism or Sevomod...

18. arithegreat

arithegreat world ruler

But maybe a Japanese WW2 Carrier/submarine the I-400 would be fun it can take 3 Aichi M6A1 Seiran sea-planes

Dimensions: 122 x 12.0 x 7.0 m (400.3 x 39.3 x 23 ft)

19. Healz

Healz General

Okay, I have some plans but you will need to make some decisions as to texture and colour as it mostly seems to be painted white in what I have seen...

20. Italicus

Italicus Italia Redenta