Unit requests thread

Well I'm finishing up ChazMod 2.0 (for Warlords) but need a few units - if anyone knows if any of these units exist, the help would be appreciated:

- Torpedo Bomber (Avenger, Kate, Jill come to mind)
- ASW Aircraft (P-3 Orion ?)
- Surveillance Aircraft (U-2 or SR-71 Blackbird)
- Anti-Tank Gun (German PaK-38 or Soviet 76mm perhaps?)
- SAM (ground based SAM missile on launcher such as SA-2 etc)

I need a slew of additional buttons too, but I've been getting into that lately, they are quite easy and fun to make using just Gimp and DDS Converter. Gimp is one heck of a nice program, once you survive the learning curve.

-Avenger
-P3, U2, SR-71 nope.
-AT Gun, yes - Asioasioasio has made one (at least the model) but it is unreleased.
-SA-2 no, SA-9 yes. I've made one but the model/texture is only 80% done. I also have plans for the ZSU-23-4 Shilka, M42 Duster and Hummer Avenger.

Thanks for the link, snafu!

It's madness at work lately, but I hope to find the time to release v2.0 of ChazMod...soon...that's all I can promise right now, 'soon' /grimace

I need a unit dressed in civilian clothing (white shirt, blue jeans would be best) straped with explosives. I am going to use him in my civ mod as a terrorist.

Hi everybody,

I'm looking for a Mamluk Knight. In fact only a new skin of the knight is enough IMO. These guys were the true rulers of Egypt from 1250 to 1517, were those who make the Franks leaving the Holy Lands and above all were those won stopped the Armies of Gengis Khan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mamluk

Hian the Frog.

good to hear! But the T-55 and the Leopard1 are not out already, aren't they? When you will release them? By the way, are we allowed to use your units for our own mods/scenarios? Anyway, I'm looking forward to see these great units!

[WTN]Manhattan;5038850 said:
good to hear! But the T-55 and the Leopard1 are not out already, aren't they? When you will release them? By the way, are we allowed to use your units for our own mods/scenarios? Anyway, I'm looking forward to see these great units!

The next addition to Modern Warfare will be out within about a month or so. I'm setting my goal of 30 new units added per update, and right now I'm at about 15-20 finished. You are aloud to use any of my units without question for any personal mod. However, if you post them in a public mod please let me know before hand. I don't do that because you actually need my permission to post them, I just like to see how they're being used.

Hey guys,

just wondering if there is a Spy unit that has a terrorist graphic? If not, is there a suicide bomber style unit?

Are there any missile units like in Civ III?

Hey guys,

just wondering if there is a Spy unit that has a terrorist graphic? If not, is there a suicide bomber style unit?

Are there any missile units like in Civ III?

search in forum, terrorist already exist, and missile too...

I have a request, i need two "man units" :
space marine trooper (ideas in alien2 movie, space hulk, WH40k...)
and clone

and 3 sea units :
future aegis
future submarine
and future "big war boat" i called "leviathan", that can defend submarine cities...

I've seen a few civ iv ship builders, but I haven't seen a PT boat yet. Is anyone designing a PT boat that can fire torpedos? I'm looking for something like PT 109.

Hello, I'm no good with 3D models, texture packs and what not so I'd really appreciate it if someone could make me a bersaglieri model for the Italian civ I'm working on these days. It's actually rather simple if you work with the current infantry model as a base. You'd only need to add a couple of plumes to the hat and modify the torso a bit. I'd really appreciate it.

For all those who make 3D animated units, these are units i need, PLS!!!:blush: All are riding units.

You'll fin a rinoceros rider, a ram chariot and a turtle rider in the beta relase of the Fire phase pf FFH2

You'll fin a rinoceros rider, a ram chariot and a turtle rider in the beta relase of the Fire phase pf FFH2

GREAT news, how about any of these riding units?

I have like 35 NEW more units(none of the rest are riders, just regular units) i wish i had, all FANTASY!!!

Can anyone please tell me what I'm doing wrong? I'm making my first efforts at modding in Civ4 and I've run into an obstacle.

I want to increase the movement of the units in my mod. For example, I want warriors to move 3 tiles per turn instead of 1.

Here is where I went on my computer: firaxis/sid meier's civ4/mods/(my mod)/assets/xml/units/unitinfo. There I went through line for line and increased the "moves" accordingly. I saved, confirmed that the changes were saved, brought up a game to try it out....and my initial warrior was still moving only 1 square at a time. What am I missing?

The other minor changes I made in my initial modding efforts took affect (i.e. I created a "superleader" with all 8 personality traits!). And after all of the hours I've spent reading in these forums, I think I've developed a pretty good understanding of xml files. But obviously I'm missing something here.

Please help.

Dion out.

Top Bottom