1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Unit requests thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Unit Graphics' started by Thunderfall, Feb 5, 2006.

1. Warspite2

Warspite2 Prince

Not sure if this was mentioned yet, but how about a ww2 light carrier, you know, a CVL or CVE?

2. Italicus

Italicus Italia Redenta

3. snafusmith

snafusmith Unit Maker

Posting this twice in a short time doesn't help your cause, if anything it makes me (one of the few unit makers presently available to fill the request) want to make them even less. If you really want them so bad, try learning how to do it yourself. Whenever I see a new request here, I look it over and a lot of time put it down on my 'to-do' list. I've a Leclerc and Challenger planned for the Modern Warfare mod, which will get done in the next month or so. The Ariete wasn't a crucial tank for me to make, and because of this I've moved it farther down on my list. Thanks.

Try going to this thread and downloading the 3ds max trial and plugins. If you want something more long term, get Blender. There are a lot of great tutorials out there to teach you how to make models, textures and animations. Try http://www.3dtotal.com/ for some great 3ds Max tutorials. Good luck!

4. Italicus

Italicus Italia Redenta

I have posted twice because the other one had gone to the pages behind.
    Sorry.

5. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

I am making an all FEMALE civ and need as many units as i can get, so far i have a female archer, female horsearcher, spy, ecoterrorist but thats it i need more thx!!

6. Quaetam

Quaetam Conqueror

If anyone has time, I'd like:

1)A black robed, European, long-black-haired melee using the Predator sword from White Rabbit, shown below, and no sheild
    Picture of sword:

download sword pack here

2)The same unit with a rifle

3)The same unit in camo with no helmet and an AK-47 or similar modern gun

If all three is too much to ask, I'd at least like the first request

7. Healz

Healz General

Oh well, Quaetam all you can do is wait and see. There really isn't enough Unit Creators for some reason and its something I would never be able to pick up... As it is I have about two or more units I am waiting on, the AH-64D Apache Longbow and the Humvee Avenger SAM. Unfortunately though, they may have made a Chuck Norris mod but I don't know much about what real life equipment is planned for Civ IV...

8. Quaetam

Quaetam Conqueror

Yeah... :ack:

I'd try to reskin and reassemble units myself if I knew how :p

I can do XML and some Python,
    I know howto define new units using already made models,
    I know how to make banners and leaderheads with GIMP or similar programs (though I'm not very good):p
    I can make new civs,
    and I know how to make hero units

but I don't know :wallbash: :hammer2: :spank: :hmm: :confused: :cry: :shake: :dunno: :crazyeye: about Blender!

A skinning tutorial for something FREE would be nice ;) :mischief:

9. Quaetam

Quaetam Conqueror

Wink Wink...
    :lol:

10. phungus420

phungus420 Deity

The AA gun model on a thread furtherdown looks awesome, but being unanimated means it doesn't really work. I've scoured through this forum, and can't find a functional AA (well there is one, but it's over 3000 Polygons), or even a WWI style arty peice, which I could use as an AA fine.

Anychance someone out there modelling, could give an AA Gun (or oldschool arty) a chance? Or animating the one already made would be awesome.

An MLRS is crucial as well. It'd be cool to have a functioning AA and MLRS instead of another tank or jet. Don't get me wrong, tanks and jets are cool, but we have a huge hole in Technology for a WW1 style AA unit, and plenty of tanks from the WW2 era to use already.

It's cool, I was able to mod in a great looking (although they all need buttons) Dragoon, Mortar, Bombard, Nuclear Sub, and SAM using already made models in this forum. (And thank you very much artists that made that possible), but my mod has a huge military tech hole without a WWI-II era style AA, or Modern Era MLRS. I can XML them in easy, but need functioning models, so they look good.

11. Healz

Healz General

Yes, I can remember, I have a picture somewhere from Boyington (think that's it) Tank Museum where they have a WW1 Mobile AA Piece. Would be cool to be able to have both static and mobile AAs for all eras... Have to try to find it. I suppose it is pretty much what captures the attention of Snafusmith gets made, as he and Conquests are the ones that literally churn out the units and then there are the minor unit makers but they are few and far between... By the way, Quaetam, how good are you at using nif viewer and that, since you talked about creating hero units? I just wanted the infantry and the marine in the game given a brown hat with the red Soviet Symbol on it, if it isn't too much trouble for you...

12. Quaetam

Quaetam Conqueror

Okay. I found the 3DSmax 30 day trial, so I can help. Should I just give them a reskinned Infantry hat; which is already brown, and I could add the soviet symbol.
    Or do you want a new mesh?

13. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

How the heck did you get the NIFviewer (SceneViewer) to work, i have tried and tried and put file upon file together and still cant come up with the right combo together for it to work??:crazyeye:

14. Healz

Healz General

Yes, sounds good, it would be better for the Modern Infantry than the current one. Healz.

15. Quaetam

Quaetam Conqueror

Where can I find the modern infantry?

16. cybrxkhan

cybrxkhan Asian Xwedodah

i'd like it if someone could make a few "similar looking" units...

can someone take a few units and replace their original weapons with a gun with corresponding animations?

the units i'd like to be replaced are (but are not limited to):

- cho ko nu
    - praetorian
    - phalanx
    - knight
    - cataphract

etc.

thanks.

cybrxkhan

17. Healz

Healz General

Okay, here are some pictures of WW1 AAA to inspire someone to develop a Mobile AAA unit for the first era of flight... In the middle one it is the first unit that I am interested in, although I would be interested in the other two being made at some stage...

18. Tahuti

Tahuti Writing Deity

I need some WWII and post-WWII stuff: apart from that I do not put high requirements

-M3 Troop carrier
    -M3 Stuart
    -IS3 tank
    -T-55
    -M60 Patton
    -B29 Stratofortress (with a better skin)

19. snafusmith

snafusmith Unit Maker

I've made all of those except the B29, which was made by ArdRaeiss. The B29 can be found here, and the rest are in the Modern Warfare Mod. All of those I've made except the T55 have been released. The T55 will be coming out w/ v1.15 in a month or so.

20. MaxRiga

MaxRiga Emperor

Snafu, don't pay attention on this guy, he's weird ;)

if u all discussion AA's then i'd love to request modern S-300/400 system, which one is the best anti air missile system for today. Why s-300/400, because it will be the best for civ4 for any scenarios, since all other aa ( ww1 or of ww2 ) quite useless for civ4. Fighters do good. s-300/400 can have long range of interception and can cover lot of strategic resources areas.

http://www.army.lv/?s=1452