Unit requests thread

Can anyone please tell me what I'm doing wrong? I'm making my first efforts at modding in Civ4 and I've run into an obstacle.

I want to increase the movement of the units in my mod. For example, I want warriors to move 3 tiles per turn instead of 1.

Here is where I went on my computer: firaxis/sid meier's civ4/mods/(my mod)/assets/xml/units/unitinfo. There I went through line for line and increased the "moves" accordingly. I saved, confirmed that the changes were saved, brought up a game to try it out....and my initial warrior was still moving only 1 square at a time. What am I missing?

The other minor changes I made in my initial modding efforts took affect (i.e. I created a "superleader" with all 8 personality traits!). And after all of the hours I've spent reading in these forums, I think I've developed a pretty good understanding of xml files. But obviously I'm missing something here.

Please help.

Dion out.

Your posting in the wrong forum, should be Creation & Customization area, and your DOUBLE posting in wrong areas!!:blush:

Your posting in the wrong forum, should be Creation & Customization area, and your DOUBLE posting in wrong areas!!:blush:

Sorry. I'm new to forums and I figured a forum about unit modding was a good place to ask a question about, well, unit modding.

But no problem I'll take my issues elsewhere. :)

Okay now I'm confused. I was told that my question regarding increasing the movement of units should be posted in the creation and customization forum but isn't that where I am?

Anyway. If I shouldn't be in this forum than please tell me specifically what SUB-forum I should take my question to.

You are currently in the unit requests thread, which is to be used for requesting new units.
This thread in in the Unit Graphics sub-forum, which is to be used for posting newly created unit graphics.
The unit Graphics Sub-Forum in in the Creation and Customization Forum. It is at that level that you are supposed to post any questions.
You should create a new thread there with your question.

I'm adding some civs to CIV Gold and could use help with the following. It's a stone chariot - a hampi - to be used by an Asian civ.

Attachments

• stone-chariot-hampi.jpeg
    stone-chariot-hampi.jpeg
    8.7 KB · Views: 86
Have any of you played Destroy All Humans 2? Well, I was wondering if somebody could make KGB agents and the hearses they drive as units for Civilization. Also, could you tell me how to get them into the game? It would really be appreciated.

I would like to see if one hasn't already been made a kubelwagen with and without the machine gun. I will post pictures later, but Snafusmith did a great job of the Jeep and it would be a shame not to be able to send it up against its Axis counterpart... Also I like the idea of a motorcyclist as a recon unit with very limited defence capabilities...

Anyone interested in giving the Ancient Era Great General attack and fortify animations like a regular swordsman through bone swapping? Also removing the red glow?

Some AWACS like Boeing E-3 Sentry and moding the IL-76 with AWACS (A-50 Shmel)

And some fun VIP transport would be fun like Air Force One and some MB S series

we need an industrial cavalry unit that looks right for every civ.;)

has anybody read Naomi Novik's Temeraire series...if you have, there could be dragons, used both as transports and fighters/giant ships in the air...those dragons carry a full crew of people, from captain to lookout to riflemen to cabinboy...the number of people depends on the dragon size

Interesting idea Master Chief from Halo. He could be useful with different colours as a future infantry soldier with a heavier looking rifle perhaps?

how about a ballista

Did someone a while ago do a Grenedier with Swordsman animations or did I imagine that? If so, could someone post a link, if not, could someone do it?

(If you could remove the backpack in the process that would be lovely)

Top Bottom