1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Unit requests thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Unit Graphics' started by Thunderfall, Feb 5, 2006.

1. Schmiddie

Schmiddie Emperor

That was a brilliant advice! Thank you.

It works... :goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

2. need my speed

need my speed Rex Omnium Imperarium

3. Anaerin

Anaerin Pictish Chieftan

That's great SaibotLieh!! Thanks !!

I've almost finished skinning Cae and quite like how he is looking. I am away now for the next 2-3 weeks but will be picking this up as soon as I get back and finalising a few more things. Thanks again for the help :)

4. zldrago1000

zldrago1000 Chieftain

Great! Thank you very much!

5. Novicenoble

Novicenoble Prince

Is there any 3D unit renders of penguins in civ4?

6. Kathy

Kathy Prince

I think I have seen some penguins once, but I do not know, where to find them.

7. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

They are in the [BtS] Modular ExoticAnimals by Roamty.

8. ProjectMaximus

ProjectMaximus Chieftain

Hello everyone,

I'm currently modding BTS - Rise Of Mankind on my own amateur and alternative way.
    I know there is thousands of infos, tutorials, and comments everywhere since about 2006, but to be honest so far, a couldn't find the right info about two things:
    (maybe, because it is too basic or I was just blind...???)

Anyway, the 1st: From the original xxx.nif file how can I make an xxx_fx.nif for team colouring in NifSkope (! not in other viewers)? What exactly I have to modify for this? I successfully attached a NiAlphaProperty, and saved as something_fx.nif but the unit in game now looks like a zentai fetish member in associated full body team colour. :)
    Actually, there is a terminator unit with no <shadernif>. I think you know what I am talking about.

My other question regarding almost the same topic is:
    How can I make a part of the body skin an alpha for team colouring in Photoshop where the alpha is already used for blending? Shall I make some changes in .nif file as well with NifSkope?
    I attached a NifSkope screenshot about what I mean. You can see the boat deck railing, what is alpha blended. The green colour on the smokestack is my teamcolour but it is as a part of the skin without alpha. And I need this with alpha for all team colour association keeping up with blended boat deck railing. :))

Guys, sorry for my amateur time-consuming questions, If anyone can give me a clear step by step answer I would really really appreciate it. :bowdown:

p.max

9. ProjectMaximus

ProjectMaximus Chieftain

Sorry, the picture...

Attached Files:

10. SaibotLieh

SaibotLieh Emperor

First of, this tutorial thread has a very good collection of links to post and tutorials concerning NifSkope, it should become very handy for you. :)

Now to the questions: To change a non-shader unit (xxx.nif) to a shader unit (xxx_fx.nif), you will have to change the meshes of the unit according to this description. However, it is not necessary to go to a shader unit if you just want to add teamcolour. This brings us to the second question.

Each mesh of a unit uses the alpha channel either for teamcolouring or transparency. You cannot have both for a single mesh, you will need to divide this mesh with Blender (or another 3D modeling program) in that case. For how to set a mesh to teamcolour or transparency, again consult this description.

I hope this will help you further. :)

11. ProjectMaximus

ProjectMaximus Chieftain

Hi SaibotLieh,

Wow, great! It was a very quick and absolutely helpful response!! :thumbsup::hatsoff:

OK, I'm going to learn everything you suggested.

:coffee::coffee::coffee:

:thanx: Prof,

p.max

:thumbsup: [civ4] :bts: THE BEST

12. SaibotLieh

SaibotLieh Emperor

Thanks, you are welcome. :)

13. clanky4

clanky4 Emperor

I am in search of a unit which uses a staff or similar weapon. If anyone knows of any I would appreciative.

14. Merkava120

Merkava120 Oberleutnant

The default longbowman uses staff-fighting animations, so I'm sure someone's made a staff unit. Search for 'staff' in the downloads database and you might find something...I'd do it myself but I'm using my phone

15. clanky4

clanky4 Emperor

Thanks, the standard longbowman's melee animations did the trick. :)

16. SaibotLieh

SaibotLieh Emperor

Sorry, took a while, but here you go:
    Spoiler :

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=23141

Enjoy! :)

17. Keinpferd

Keinpferd King

Nice work! :thumbsup:

These Great Athlets skins call for being used in any mod but for sure in every ancient themed mod.

18. Kathy

Kathy Prince

Thank you very much! They look fantastic!

19. ProjectMaximus

ProjectMaximus Chieftain

Hi,

After a few days of study in 'Civ Fanatics Modding Forum University' with prof.SaibotLieh,
    I successfully finished teamcoloring and reskinning some units. :D
    (See Clipboard02.jpg)
    If anyone have interested in this, I can upload it - of course ;)

But before I could think my 'modding express' is unstoppable, I found two another creations which I really can't deal with, so I need some further assistance. :confused:

1. Clipboard03.jpg - called 'Light Anti-Air Gun' : In NifSkope, how can I make the shadow around it smaller? I have read plenty of tutorials about unit modding and I figured out there is a hidden artillery in the .nif because it is a fusion of two. After I switched on the hidden part in NifSc tried to delete the artillery and keep only that part which the Gun might need but the shadow around it was still visible.

2. Clipboard05.jpg - called Flak 88 Cannon : Lovely, in 'idle' position, no enemies, but after about 15-20 sec. some smoke coming up like the unit would have been damaged. How can I organise the smoke in the right time?

I would really appreciate any :help:.

Regards,
    ProjectMax.

Attached Files:

20. ProjectMaximus

ProjectMaximus Chieftain

And just in case the two mentioned units...

Attached Files: