Unit requests thread

Could someone please create a clone trooper unit using the graphics I found here?

Also, please have a special effect that makes the clone troopers fire plasma shots instead of bullets.

As you all may or may not know, I am trying my hand at unit-making for a while. And so far the results have been mixed. My last attempt at a unit was to create a what-if Hebrew Musketman. I thought everything was going well and then the unit created some really strange reaction in-game. Not sure how to describe it, so I took a screen-shot. I have also included a small image of what the unit looked like in NifSkope/Blender so you can see what the intention was:

Anyway, I am once again not sure what I did wrong. Basically what I did was attempt to put the head from Bakuel's Hebrew Crossbowman on a reskinned version of Bakuel's Byzantine Musketman. The result was what you see there. Can somebody help me?

I have also included a couple units I would like to become teamcolored. If someone could also teamcolor the red part on the Islamic Arab Worker, and then teamcolor the belt on the Semetic worker I have enclosed as well I would be grateful. Thanks in advance. :goodjob:

EDIT: and yes, those large brown "blocks" or "wall" that you see in the screen-shot is the "unit" that was the result of my work. :(

Attachments

• ALotToLearn.jpg
    ALotToLearn.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 474
  • Israeli Musketman Help.rar
    409.5 KB · Views: 89
Regarding the Hebrew Musketman, you forgot to delete the NiSkinPartition again.

Sadly I can't help you on the teamcoloring.

Regarding the Hebrew Musketman, you forgot to delete the NiSkinPartition again.

Sadly I can't help you on the teamcoloring.

Having a skin partition usually makes the game crash for me. The only way I know to get rid of it is to import the model into blender and then export and make sure you have "Export Skin Partition" deselected.

Spoiler :

So I am confused as to how to do this. When do I delete them?

Having a skin partition usually makes the game crash for me. The only way I know to get rid of it is to import the model into blender and then export and make sure you have "Export Skin Partition" deselected.

Spoiler :

You can also delete it under the object's NiSkinInstance:

I couldn't get teamcolor on those workers to work out :lol:
Spoiler :
best pun
But I did fix your hebrew musketman. I copied the unit over to "fresh" musketman skeleton and that seemed to do the trick.

You can also delete it under the object's NiSkinInstance:

Okay. So once I do that I save the file as a nif file, then import that nif file into Blender? Now there are a lot of buttons that pop up when this happens. Which ones do I need selected/deselected, and on a similar note when I export my unit which buttons do I need selected/deselcted?

This is the area where I screw up.

Okay. So once I do that I save the file as a nif file, then import that nif file into Blender? Now there are a lot of buttons that pop up when this happens. Which ones do I need selected/deselected, and on a similar note when I export my unit which buttons do I need selected/deselcted?

You just save it and you're done. You don't need to reimport into blender or do anything, once you delete the skinpartition and save it, it can be used normally.

To disable the export of NiSkinPartitions, simply look at the picture clanky posted. By leaving "Export Skin Partition" unchecked, it doesn't create one.

should be the same buttons as in my leader guide.

really shouldnt be much different than leaders just skin partion and team color is different (I think team color requires the dds file to have a blank spot then you have a teamcolor file with the nitristrips)

should be the same buttons as in my leader guide.

really shouldnt be much different than leaders just skin partion and team color is different (I think team color requires the dds file to have a blank spot then you have a teamcolor file with the nitristrips)

It doesn't have to be a blank spot, its an alpha channel thing.

hello, I'm looking for some really old modified caravels - Caravel_Squarerig and Caravel SimpleRig to shamelessly steal bits off. Anyone remember where they are? I've trawled through units and mods, I can't even remember who originally made them. That's age that is.

If theres any request on my mind its this:

A Chinese Firelancer from Rise of Nations. Maybe use Janissary Animations?
Just stumbled up this while i was bored a few weeks ago :cringe:

Since i needed one anyway, i put up an early version (maybe i'll refine it at some point in the future)
It's the a little reskinned vietnamese heavy swordsman from Diversica and a customized pike, with an altered pikeman animation; on attacks he uses the same moves then when being hurt and it works quite well :) except for the sound, but i have no idea how to fix that.

download from sourceforge

Attachments

• firelance.jpg
    firelance.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 364
Hey Guys,

I am going to try my hand at creating a unit for the balseraph's, in fall from heaven 2. I am thinking of trying to to create a custom unit for their immortals, using Needles Kane (sweet tooth) from the twisted metal series as a guide. Something like this:

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140109071247/twistedmetal/images/a/ae/Pabr-sweet-tooth.jpg

Do you guys have any pointers to help me? I have been reading the CIV4 modding tutorials, and downloaded NifSkope, Blender, Pakbuild, and Gimp.

I was thinking of either reskinning the taskmaster unit in Fall from heaven 2, or creating it from scratch. I was not able to locate the taskmaster unit in my fall from heaven 2 folder however. anyone know how to do what I outlined?

Attachments

• Pabr-sweet-tooth.jpg
    Pabr-sweet-tooth.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 139
I am looking for some kind of sportsman/ athlete for a grat person. Does anyone know a unit that may be reskinned to an ancient atlete and a modern sportsman? A female version of both would also be apreciated.

I am looking for some kind of sportsman/ athlete for a grat person. Does anyone know a unit that may be reskinned to an ancient atlete and a modern sportsman? A female version of both would also be apreciated.
I have created a male Athlete some time ago:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=10657769&postcount=4171

If you have some images how the female version and the modern version of both should look like I might create them for you. Also I would need to know which animation they should use.

Top Bottom