Unit requests thread

Thank you very much Saibot, that was great help for me. :hatsoff:
Something like eye opener. :eek:

I don't need to animate units, because - fingers crossed - most of them use existing animations from the basic CIV4 game or from Rise of Mankind mode - I think. And I'm absolutely happy with this one (I mean the Gun) as it is. :goodjob:

My project is quite individual and it is a full mix of reality with my own ideological or historical fictions such as some flags and nations like Scandinavia or Indoguinea for example. :crazyeye:
Once it is finished I will definitely share and during my modding progress I can upload units one by one as well.

Actually my non-human and future units will be uniformed (like a huge chess boardgame in a complex environment). All civilizations will use the same teamcoloured units, but some of them (such as 'special' units) will use their individual specifications behind my uniformisation. With this method I can save a lot of time (what is always not enough), and I can pick up the best looking unit mesh of each unit type and create my own design on it if necessary. It is still will be a huge challenge because of the human units. So this is the way how I want to put 46 (!) civilizations onto Giant Earth Map in Rise of Mankind. :woohoo::yeah:

I don't know how long time I need for this project, but every little help I will greatly appreciate.
:thanx: again.

ProjectMax
Sounds like quite a big project, but these can be the most fun to make. ;)

Since it is so big, I would say it is even more worthwile to upload created units (or other features). The feedback you can get this way should help you further and can also be a motivation boost at times. :)

I can't figure out how to get this unit to be as awesome as possible. What I would like to do is create a dogsled UU for the Inuit civilization. Here are the models I currently have ready for it:

Ultimately what I would like to do is have the sled drawn by two dogs, one in front of the other. I want one of the Inuit models to be driving the sled, while the other either wields a spear or bow and arrow. This may require new animations, something I am incapable of doing. Would anybody like to help me with this?

I think it would be a valuable addition to the entire community.

Volunteers?

EDIT: I could provide the dogs too, I was just thinking of using the wolf models, but I suppose I could modify them to look more like sled dogs.

I think this is a very interesting idea, but unfortunately I am not skilled with animations. Nevertheless, I would be interested to do a variety of the chariot archer using there models. So if I could have the men, the sledge and the dogs I can try to add them to the animations. In this case, only the archer will be animated, but maybe this is a start to find someone to make the dogs move, too.

Hey,

I have a question about creating the art for a new unit for a civilizaton.

In the game, when you click on a unit and then you go elsewhere on the map,
you can still see your unit in a small circle on the dim.
Which file in the sidmeier/assets/art/interface or sidmeier/assets/art/unit is it for that special picture?

Thank you

Hey,

I have a question about creating the art for a new unit for a civilizaton.

In the game, when you click on a unit and then you go elsewhere on the map,
you can still see your unit in a small circle on the dim.
Which file in the sidmeier/assets/art/interface or sidmeier/assets/art/unit is it for that special picture?

Thank you

its the unit's button. Which is generally located in Art/Interface/Buttons/Units

Hi guys

May I ask if anyone knows of any Battlestar Galactica units I could download and incorporate in the space mods for Civ4?

I've searched around and found nothing, but I thought I'd ask just in case.

Many thanks

Hi, I've been trying to do a weapon swap on the vanilla archer, but the melee combat animation was wrong whatever I did - has anyone managed it successfully to save me a bit of time? I was trying to replace the knives they use with a club in the right hand to create some Neolithic braves

Hi there

I would really love to see more mecha units in CIV4 as the modern age is my favourite time, now I do wonder if somebody would be able to do anything with these models, found on turobsquid.

Thx in advance

Attachments

• ZGMF-X10A Freedom.rar.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 53
  • Giant Robot.zip
    375.8 KB · Views: 49
  • Southern Scout Engagement Suit.zip
    685.3 KB · Views: 43
Hi, I've been trying to do a weapon swap on the vanilla archer, but the melee combat animation was wrong whatever I did - has anyone managed it successfully to save me a bit of time? I was trying to replace the knives they use with a club in the right hand to create some Neolithic braves
The knifes of the archer unit are a bit of a special case since they have a NiSkinInstance, which most of the other weapons don't have. A swap should work if you remove the whole NiTriShape node of the knifes from the Archer_Skinned_Knives node and copy&paste the whole NiTriShape node of the new weapon into the Archer_Skinned_Knives node.

I can't figure out how to get this unit to be as awesome as possible. What I would like to do is create a dogsled UU for the Inuit civilization. Here are the models I currently have ready for it:

Ultimately what I would like to do is have the sled drawn by two dogs, one in front of the other. I want one of the Inuit models to be driving the sled, while the other either wields a spear or bow and arrow. This may require new animations, something I am incapable of doing. Would anybody like to help me with this?

I think it would be a valuable addition to the entire community.

Volunteers?

EDIT: I could provide the dogs too, I was just thinking of using the wolf models, but I suppose I could modify them to look more like sled dogs.

Post the models. On an unrelated note anyone know of any units that use a whip?

On an unrelated note anyone know of any units that use a whip?

SaibotLieh's Beastmaster. It's a Great General you attach to an animal unit. Even comes with a better whip sound effect than the vanilla one. :)

Someone could do some unit conversions from other games.

I first was trying to convert units from Anno 2070. While its txture is in dds its mesh is in a weird format called .rdm. And from my search into the Anno modding community looks like it cannot be converted from .rdm to a more useful format like .3ds or .obj. Only converted from them into .rdm. So for them I guess the request is making units that look like they are from Anno 2070. Specifically the cool looking future ships.

The other game units I want converted are from Starcraft 2. There are many models available online. However they are in a 3D mesh format called .m3

Luckily there are converters for 3D Studio max and Blender. I went the Blender route and even downloaded the latest version. It apparently works to import and export to .3ds format.

I used NIFSkope to import the .3ds mesh, but neither Blender or NIFSkope seem to show to show the texture. So now I am stuck not knowing how to add textures to the mesh in Blender and/or NIFSkope.

Any help on how to do it would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance. :goodjob:

The other game units I want converted are from Starcraft 2. There are many models available online. However they are in a 3D mesh format called .m3

Luckily there are converters for 3D Studio max and Blender. I went the Blender route and even downloaded the latest version. It apparently works to import and export to .3ds format.

I used NIFSkope to import the .3ds mesh, but neither Blender or NIFSkope seem to show to show the texture. So now I am stuck not knowing how to add textures to the mesh in Blender and/or NIFSkope.

Any help on how to do it would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance. :goodjob:
Does the mesh has a NiTexturingProperty node in NIFSkope? If so, check if its NiSourceTexture points to the right file.

Does the mesh has a NiTexturingProperty node in NIFSkope? If so, check if its NiSourceTexture points to the right file.

This is what it has (see pic)

I don't see anything for textures like it normally has.

Is there a way to add a node in NIFSkope?

Attachments

• starcrafter.jpg
    starcrafter.jpg
    420.8 KB · Views: 144
This is what it has (see pic)

I don't see anything for textures like it normally has.

Is there a way to add a node in NIFSkope?
To add a node with NifSkope just right-click on the node you want to add a node to, then Node -> Attach Node. Alternatively you can copy&paste the NiTexturingProperty from a different mesh into this mesh.

However, this might not work and you might need to re-assign the texture in Blender, given that the UV map is still existing. This tutorial might help you with this, although it is written for an older version of Blender. I think you can skip step 2,3 and 5-8.

Top Bottom