1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Unofficial Poll: What should the Kuriotate recon line be?

Discussion in 'Fall from Heaven Lore' started by Fenboy, Feb 29, 2008.

?

What race should the Kuriotate Recon line be?

1. Just plain old Humans (hey, they had to be here)

13.2%
  2. Fairies (alien-looking faeries to avoid princess rule)

5.6%
  3. Little rat people (kobolds, halflings, ratlings, nezumi, name of your choice)

39.6%
  4. Nymphs/Dryads (moar hotties in the game, MOAR I say!)

28.5%
  5. Satyrs & Fawns (give the FoL something else in exchange)

4.9%
  6. Something completely different (spoon!)

8.3%
  1. Mewtarthio

Mewtarthio Chieftain

I was thinking something along the lines of a Jade Empire Rat Demon.

NB Just a rough idea of the appearance, and the fluff is right out.

2. Verdian

Verdian Chieftain

I've always been fond of kobolds and their trap setting ways. Ratlings would be all right. I hope the race is not halflings (or hobbits, or whatever), though. They are too close to humans for my liking. Also, their happy-go-lucky innocence and incorruptibility doesn't lend itself well to FFH's dark setting.

3. Fenboy

Fenboy Chieftain

Perhaps the musteval might be more appropriate?

4. xienwolf

xienwolf Chieftain

5. Fenboy

Fenboy Chieftain

Well he is a guardinal; basically an angel ;)

6. Psychic_Llamas

Psychic_Llamas Wizard in the Making

well if the rat men were 'good' (well as good as they come in FfH) rats (more mice than rats) then i would probably give in. i like Fenboys Musteval more than the rat demon, and definately not the skaven.

I honestly dont see the Kurios encouraging rats (even semi human rats) to breed in their cities. even though the cities are huge. the kurios are too 'good' to do that.

7. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

According to Wikipedia, Musteval's are not rat-like, but ferret-like Guardinals (which I had not heard of until I looked them up). Ferrets are not rats, and in fact eat them and other such pests. They are kept as pets in part because they catch rats like cats do, and have also been used for Rabbit-hunting for thousands of years. Wikipedia also says that Mustevals serve mostly as spies and messengers, which sounds just about right for the recon line.

I don't think I could be convinced to use rat-people, but I had actually thought that ferret-men could be kind of cool when the rat-men were first introduced. These would be good for the scouts and assassins, but I think I still prefer Dryads for Druids. It might be odd though for a ferret-man to upgrade to a nymph.

(In my modmod I'm thinking that I'll probably make Druids available to all alignments, plus have both nature ans life spheres. They would however require a minimum level, to be upgraded from recon units or FoL disciples. I might make Dryads a UU that is the same but has the Elemental (or maybe angel?) promotion and no level requirements and to which no unit can upgrade.)

8. xienwolf

xienwolf Chieftain

9. Psychic_Llamas

i like the idea of ferret-men :p if nymphs and dyrads are not an option :lol:

10. thomas.berubeg

thomas.berubeg Wandering the World

the musteval is nice...

"Nimh" rings a bell... that colony of super intellgient lab rats who escape, right?

11. MagisterCultuum

NIMH = National Institute of Mental Health, a part of the United States Department of Health.

In the series of children's books by Robet C. O'Brian (well, the first book was by him, his daughter wrote the sequels), the Rats (and some Mice, like the late husband of the books main character) had already escaped from a NIMH research lab and built their colony. They are super intelligent compared to other rodents, but only slightly above the average human.

12. thomas.berubeg

i remmeber reading those a long time ago... were they any good? i can't remember.

13. Mewtarthio

Mewtarthio Chieftain

"REDWAAAAAAAAAALL!" :p

True, I suppose that guy looks a bit nicer for a "Good" empire. Granted, Erebus's definition of "Good" also includes crazy guys like Basium, but the Kuriotate are the "nicest" of the empires (the better to set them up as opposites of the Sheaim, I suppose). I might like it better if it's fur was a bit darker, though.

14. Fenboy

Fenboy Chieftain

Yeah, likewise. Of course, no-one said they *had* to be white; personally I think either dark grey or light brown would be nice

15. seZereth

seZereth FfH´s art monk(ey)

Well, he looks kinda werewolf like (but more civilized ;) ) So, if we would do the model, we could upgrade the werewolf´s one too... that is, if ;)

16. thomas.berubeg

Yeah, it wins.

so, sezereth, get crakin' ;)

17. Psychic_Llamas

yeh darker fur would make it more assassin like.

18. MagisterCultuum

Fur color could vary for the different recon units.

19. TBox

TBox Chieftain

I think he's too... cute? clean? I was hoping for something grittier. But I suppose that's just a matter of art direction.

20. Love

Love Chieftain

I think that Feral Bound tech should be containing many stuff for kuriotates.