1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Unofficial Poll: What should the Kuriotate recon line be?

Discussion in 'Fall from Heaven Lore' started by Fenboy, Feb 29, 2008.

?

What race should the Kuriotate Recon line be?

1. Just plain old Humans (hey, they had to be here)

13.2%
  2. Fairies (alien-looking faeries to avoid princess rule)

5.6%
  3. Little rat people (kobolds, halflings, ratlings, nezumi, name of your choice)

39.6%
  4. Nymphs/Dryads (moar hotties in the game, MOAR I say!)

28.5%
  5. Satyrs & Fawns (give the FoL something else in exchange)

4.9%
  6. Something completely different (spoon!)

8.3%
  1. wilboman

wilboman Hibernorse Frost Giant

I think they're called succubi in plural. But I suffer from over-use of the -us to -i change.

And pardon me for asking, but what, precisely, is a Musteval?

2. smjjames

smjjames Chieftain

There is a link a few pages back. Basically they look like weasels, except human size and able to stand on thier hind legs and all that.

3. Fenboy

Fenboy Chieftain

succubusses...succubi...succubae...fallen madonna with the big boobies...who knows :p

4. Fenboy

Fenboy Chieftain

Musteval image reposted, for those asking.

5. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

In this case they are being used in the accusative plural, so it would be Succubos (or Succubas if you use the older, more correct form Succuba)

6. smjjames

smjjames Chieftain

Do we really need to argue over the grammar of Succubus?.....

7. wilboman

Yes, of course:D I'm learning something, that makes it worthwhile to me.

8. Alzara

Alzara Chieftain

Naked Nymphs and Dryads!!! With sex toys! :p

Seriously though Nymphs and Dryads would be cool. I'd play the Kuriotates all the time if I could get these mixed with Centaurs :)

Al

9. Grey Fox

Grey Fox Master of Points

Nvm, scratch that. Just make em Boobies with legs.

10. wilboman

The image you just conjured up is those groups getting it on and making Nymph/Centaur bastard offspring. Which is wrong in so many different ways it makes my head hurt.

11. Fenboy

Fenboy Chieftain

Isn't that a Troma movie? ;)

12. Kael

Kael Chieftain

Personally Im not as much into the half beast theme of the kuriotates as some of the other team members. I do like when it shows their diversity for something that humans wouldnt be as good at (the centaurs and lamia are really cool). But I wouldnt want the the civ to start to feel like a monster civ, so id probably stick with humans for the scouts.

Couse if seZ was to come out with some cool ratmen units they wouldn't go to waste. Personally Id rather see them as specialized Council of Esus units or replacements for the Sheaim recon line.

13. MagisterCultuum

They aren't Ratmen, they are Ferretmen I'm not a fan of the darker, rat-like assassin versions either, although they could have such a unit if they go CoE.

14. KillerClowns

KillerClowns Chieftain

Well, if you're going to thumbs-down the ratmen/ferretmen/rodentmen/insectmen... the 2nd place winner is still dryads. They're not exactly monsters or half-beasts...
    They don't even have to be any more PG-13 than the Svartalfar...
    :please:

15. thomas.berubeg

thomas.berubeg Wandering the World

Have a narnia take to them...

floating clouds of petals!

16. Kasdar

Kasdar Chieftain

I think the nymphs dryads would make a nice addition. more female art is always a good thing. as most of the races units are still men.

17. MagisterCultuum

I still think that Dryad Druids would be best too, but I like the Musteval for recon better.

18. Fenboy

Fenboy Chieftain

I like the multiracial aspect of the Kuriotates because I feel that it gives them a clear identity - something they otherwise somewhat lack.

Plus, centaurs are just plain cool ;)

19. smjjames

smjjames Chieftain

Honestly though, I see dryads as something that would be found more in FoL since they are nature elementals (specifically though, they are tree/forest spirits). Or even allied with the elves, either side because even with the darker side to the Svartalfar, they still have a strong connection to nature.

Still, the main theme of the Kuriotates is that they attract various races which are persecuted, treated as second class (or even third class) citizens, or driven off thier lands by other civilizations. In fact, the pedia entry for them states that due to thier huge range of influence, they are in contact with races that are rare or otherwise live in regions where the human population is sparse.

The general image I have of the Kuriotates sometimes is that if you look at a typical marketplace in thier supercities or in a settlement, you would find all sorts of races milling about, some even bieng non-humanoid.

I kind of like the idea of Dryads, but the only problem is, aren't they supposed to be attached to a specific tree and can only go a certain distance before they get progressively weaker?

20. Darksaber1

Darksaber1 Secret Emperor

I've played the Kurio several times, and a sort of mouse/ferret-man sort of thing could be good, since you could fit quite alot in a city that big. However, if a mouseman/ferret-man thing is used, no more hydrids. It's like Kael said, and would make them to monsterous.

On a side note, alien-looking faerie things should maybe be barbarian, with weather-style abilities.(See the Torchwood episode Small worlds.