Upcoming scenario: Axis & Allies

BKA, you should join the Anti Nemo Graphics Association ;)

well, what's the main view of your scenario? One civ? Or are all equally playable? Is it bound by history or do you give the player a free role?

The scenario begins in spring 1942.

I am very into PBEM playing and would love for this to become a multiplayer game :love:

Hi Eivind,

I am not sure about joing the AGNA association. I think it should be named differently, but anyway it would be nice if as many as possible would create scnearioes using hi-res graphics.

Just a thought about your scenario:

I once also though about making a A&A scenario that would come close to the real game. Have you thought about just making one city representing each territory from the game? Like one city is named Western Europe, one Sinkiang, one Eastern USA etc.? You then just have to adjust and limit the production in each of these cities to represent their value from the original game.
I am not sure that it will turn out to be fun and it will anyway only work best if the cities radius's would border or lay very close to the other cities representing the other territories (ie on a fairly small map). But hey, it's an idea! :)

Regards

BKA

Have you thought about just making one city representing each territory from the game? Like one city is named Western Europe, one Sinkiang, one Eastern USA etc.?

It is of course impossible to make it exactly like the board game. It is supposed to be based on the board game. Therefore it will have ordinary cities with ordinary production. The miltary situation around the world will be easier to represent in the Civ2 version of the board game though. :)

Wow :eek: That's beutiful!! Thanks!

I doubt I will use railway in this scenario. I might have something in germany, to represent the autobahn and maybe for the russian trans-siberian railway. Nothing more, it will just make it foolish to run over the globe in one single turn :crazyeye:

Ah but you can make the railways end outside the city so units can move from one city or 'area' to the next in one turn just like in A&A. Jumping from one interchange of the rail to the city and then out the other end to the next interchange will consume all movement allowance. I considered doing this fro ZWK but it was after all not an Axis and Allies simulation.

Hi Eivind,

Any progress on the scenario?

Thought about if it would be ok if I used some of your graphics in my own? Like all others your initials of cause will be present. I think that after the release (a little change that it is going to be done before) I will design all the units by myself, but until then I would be very gratefull. :)

Regards

BKA

Nah, I havn't done anything for over a week. There has been a lot to do at school and my part time job has also stolen a lot of my spare time (and I do have a social life as well :p )

I would take it as a compliment, but you should not use the ones I have posted. The quality was reduced when I transformed the file into gif (I did not bother to make it with the interlace stuff since it was only a preview). I can send you the original if you just post your e-mail :)

What units did you think of?

OK, it will not be before the beginning of feb. but at that time I will turn to you again. :)

Regards

BKA

Wow, can't wait for this, i too have A&A for PC, anyone wanna play sometimes?
WMCS44 is AOL
Civfan_SunTzu@hotmail.com is MSN ;-)
39470566 is ICQ
Hurry up and finish the scenario Eivind :D

I am up to it, and I would think Morten Blaabjerg also, though for me it will not be before sometime in feb.
Are you thinking of the Hasbro A&A "Iron Blitz" ?

Regards

BKA

I would of course also join in! ;) (I do not have iron blitz, just the regular A&A CD)

Hey Eivind,

If you like, you can download an abandonware version of A&A "Iron Blitz" from "Home of the Underdogs" from the following location: (it's a stand-alone so you doesn't need anything else)

http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?id=3842

(works fine besides some bugs and that you have to restart the game after a certain period of time because of memory leeks.) :o

Regards

BKA

Yeah, I know that site! There are some amusing games, I seem to remember a game about the fall of the Soviet Union. Very interesting.

I'd play the game with you if only I knew how to play. Do you think I have time to learn it? I have played similar WWII boardgames before...

You don't need to be a rocket engineer or anything to learn the game. ;) If you are familiar with those type of board games the computer version will be no match for you :goodjob:

I will look into it then! :goodjob: A tout à l'heure!

Originally posted by academia

Cool! Another high res units supporter!

:D I´m proud to be a member of the anit-nemo graphics association ;)
Well, i admit that i like the infantry; but in the case of tanks and planes... :rolleyes:

Well, the infantry are from my Dictator scenario...
I hope you asked Danny's permission to use them, Elvind!

And I reject this stupid stupid rivalry over graphics.

People that are going against each over bmp or gif files do not deserve to even be in this community.

:mad:

Please Curt, don't take the discussion into this tread.

A few more notes on the A&A computer game: I have found out that upgrading the game to version 1.33 (can be found on the net) deals with a lot of the problems published on the original game. This patch however cannot be installed on the abandonware version of A&A "Iron Blitz" expansion because the patch upgrades the original A&A CD-installation. :(
And playing the game without v.1.33 is not an option (simply too many major bugs)

Regards

BKA

Well, the infantry are from my Dictator scenario...
I hope you asked Danny's permission to use them, Ei(!)vind!

And I reject this stupid stupid rivalry over graphics.

People that are going against each over bmp or gif files do not deserve to even be in this community.

Yup, I asked him over six months ago (or something like that) when he first posted his units on this forum.

I think you are taking this discussion way to serious, I do of course also reject the stupid rivalry over units, even though there is no rejection over units in my point of view. It's just some harmless fun. Maybe not that funny to some, but know this: I respect Captain Nemo 110%. He revolutionized civilization II with his genious work of civ2 graphics art. Some like his work, some prefer different kind of units. I like them equally, but prefer Hi-res for some reson. I use both nemo-units and Hi-res.

Top Bottom