US Capitol Breached

Status
Not open for further replies.
there was a serious failure of security by a group who are used to regularly handling of protests. They were woefully unprepared. The question will be why? The police were johnny on the spot when they needed to clear a quiet protest so Trump could hold his bible photo op.
Exactly.

They knew Trump supporters were coming and planning this kind of thing. Trump encouraged them that same day. And they can just walk in?

Exactly.

They knew Trump supporters were coming and planning this kind of thing. Trump encouraged them that same day. And they can just walk in?
I suspect the capitol police will be scrutinized closely. The trail will lead to Republican Congressional leadership and Trump.

awful lot of supporters of what, exactly, on both sides? open treason, terrorism, and sedition? No, I think that's specifically a right-wing activity these days.
Awful, just awful.

there was a serious failure of security by a group who are used to regularly handling of protests. They were woefully unprepared. The question will be why? The police were johnny on the spot when they needed to clear a quiet protest so Trump could hold his bible photo op.
they just dont have the manpower to stop that many people like in portland when several city blocks were taken over for weeks, including the entire police precinct. if you can take over a precinct, you can easily occupy a building filled with career politicians.

They were probably under strict orders not to.

they just dont have the manpower to stop that many people like in portland when several city blocks were taken over for weeks, including the entire police precinct. if you can take over a precinct, you can easily occupy a building filled with career politicians.
Yet, had it been BLM protestors, they probably would have used live ammunition.

seems to me the people are taking their government back. mostly peacefully. there is some rare cases of hooliganism just like there was during the antifa and blm protests.
20210107_095035.jpg

I'm half-laughing and half-afraid. Though that's been the standard course since 2016 when it comes to USA.
What I'm most afraid is how all the crap that happens there tends to get imported here after a few years, I'm not really eager for my country to become (even more of) a circus.

On the bright side, it might be some sort of political suicide by the Trump wing of the party. Even as low as the Republican have sunk on the whole, this might wake up a part of them about how horrid Trump is.

You can't just storm capital hill during an elective process which includes all senators.

Her blood is on Trump, on Cruz, and on all the instigators
it was a little protest that only lasted a couple hours. i dont know why its being so overblown and dont understand all the bootlicking going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom