US records hottest year

FriendlyFire

Codex WMDicanious
US records hottest year

2012 marked the warmest year on record for the United States and was also the second most extreme weather year yet recorded, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration says.

The hot weather contributed to a record drought which, at its peak, parched 61 per cent of the nation.

Those dry conditions helped spark massive wildfires which charred 3.7 million hectares – the third highest on record, the NOAA said.

The nation suffered through 11 weather disasters that caused $US1 billion ($A956.9 million) in damage, including hurricanes Sandy and Isaac and tornado outbreaks in the Great Plains, Texas and the Ohio Valley.

Every one of the 48 states in the continental United States had an above-average annual temperature in 2012 and 19 of those broke records.

The average temperature for 2012 was 12.9 degrees Celsius, which is 3.2 above the 20th century average, and 1.0 above 1998, the previous warmest year.

The nationally-averaged precipitation total of 67.5 centimetres was 6.5 centimetres below average and the 15th driest year on record.

This was also the driest year for the US since 1988, when 64.1 centimetres of precipitation were observed.

Meanwhile, 2012 was the third year in a row with 19 named tropical storms, 10 of which packed hurricane strength.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/world/us-records-hottest-year-20130109-2cfg9.html#ixzz2HRwO2Hde

Tropical storms and droughts = winning
Iam guessing this is some form of divine punishment right? RIGHT ?

Hottest summer on record here in Australia as well.

Russia is a cold country. Long live Global Warming, it may make the Motherland, so hated and bashed by the We$t, a better place to live in:gripe:

Russia is a cold country. Long live Global Warming, it may make the Motherland, so hated and bashed by the We$t, a better place to live in:gripe:

Which would make Gerard Depardieu a man ahead of his time.

I'll admit that the weather this past year was notable. If we have a run of twenty consecutive years or so of similar weather I might be convinced that it will be time to study the issue.

If it were not for the fact that global warming alarmists are the same people that continuously seek to reduce my liberty I might be more open to the issue. At present though, if I leave my home in my own truck, if I don't comply with the unconsionable law that says I must strap myself into the contraption these same people send people armed with guns to apprehend me. So clearly, you can't trust them.

Edit: Not to mention they are baby killers.

Which would make Gerard Depardieu Adolf Hitler a man ahead of his time.

Fixed for you.
EDIT: Do you honestly think that Russia would accept massive as in millions of immigrants from the US ?

If we have a run of twenty consecutive years or so of similar weather I might be convinced that it will be time to study the issue.

So basically wait until there is massive droughts, massive natural disasters and Hitlers army is crossing the borders. Then use human wave tactics to try and stop Panzers.
Or as Jolly Roger put it another one of your "predictions" ?

MisterCooper said:
I'll admit that the weather this past year was notable. If we have a run of twenty consecutive years or so of similar weather I might be convinced that it will be time to study the issue.

At least we are airing the uneducated dismissals by ignorant hicks out early. Go on and talk more about how them scientists probes y'all brain.

Why does CFC keep feeding the troll or ego filles fanatical idiot known as MisterCooper all the time? :think:

It's weird, eh? My feeling is that future history will show that it's the AGW deniers who are currently liberty-stealing

It's weird, eh? My feeling is that future history will show that it's the AGW deniers who are currently liberty-stealing

I get the feeling that future history will laugh at us for fighting over something so trivial.

I get the feeling that future history will laugh at us for fighting over something so trivial.

Well, it's likely to fall under the complete "environmental stewardship" umbrella ... I don't know how optimistic I am there ...

Ive never in all my years seen a winter as mediocre as this one. I hear it's going to be 60 later this week. It boggles my mind. The snow has been weak and unmanly. It seems the Starks are wrong. Winter did not come.

What region are you in, ace99?

In the NorthEast USA, it's not uncommon in my lifetime to have temps spike up into the 60's. But so far this winter has been on the less-cold side. I think we've only had 3 days below freezing, which is a little below the norm.

Ive never in all my years seen a winter as mediocre as this one. I hear it's going to be 60 later this week. It boggles my mind. The snow has been weak and unmanly. It seems the Starks are wrong. Winter did not come.

Our global climate is getting less and less predictable. This year we might get a mild winter (here's hoping!) but next year we could see the craziest winter in decades.

That's just what happens when you add instability to a balanced system.

Tropical storms and droughts = winning
Iam guessing this is some form of divine punishment right? RIGHT ?
Only according to select Imams.

Anyhow, it was 87 degrees when I got out of work yesterday here in FL.
I'll take it.

Top Bottom