USian Mid-term elections - Here we go again!

Voter IDs required
Only same day voting
Only paper ballots
All votes counted by election night
He will end homelessness

It's a quest to save our country

If i saw it correctly, Barron Trump appears to be 6'6" or more. Can that be right?

Trump seemed tired during much of his speech.

Wow, he is 6'7" at age 16.

Economic war with China
He built the wall and stopped illegal immigration
He will deport all illegals from Mexico
He stopped illegal drugs and human trafficking across he southern border and Biden now allows it
He will end all gang activity and stop cartel activity in the US
Death penalty for drug dealers
I’m surprised he didint mention anything about Antifa, the 2020 riots, and leftist mobs 🤔

So it's basically all the same as last time?

Riva:
Look, if you bought Stones tickets and Jagger didn't play Satisfaction, how would you feel? Would you be happy?

Carl Casper:
No.

Riva:
No! You'd burn the place to the f***ing ground.

So it's basically all the same as last time?
Pokemon on Game Boy? I was just the wrong age to get into that. MTG 4th edition instead<shudders> Bleh, can't say I'm super enthused that the middle school crowd seems to have started getting into the Pokemon card game. The foils are pretty, at least.

Someone on the radio just said that he did a quick tally of the races for Governor and Secretary of State offices in states that could be called "competitive", and the Right-wing candidates who were election deniers went 0-18. Obviously, that's just a small snapshot, but still perhaps illuminating.

Someone on the radio just said that he did a quick tally of the races for Governor and Secretary of State offices in states that could be called "competitive", and the Right-wing candidates who were election deniers went 0-18. Obviously, that's just a small snapshot, but still perhaps illuminating.

I think that's likely due to other reasons, not directly because of their election denial.
Another issue here is that a lot of these really nutty people only lost by razor-thin margins and can't be counted out of future elections imo.

I think that's likely due to other reasons, not directly because of their election denial.
Another issue here is that a lot of these really nutty people only lost by razor-thin margins and can't be counted out of future elections imo.
Still not a winner. He's now a solid, reliable, loser. Sure, he might keep coming back, like Mondale did, but he's older than Mondale was.

Still not a winner. He's now a solid, reliable, loser. Sure, he might keep coming back, like Mondale did, but he's older than Mondale was.

I would caution against confusing what you want to be true with what is true. But, you may be right. I guess I hope you are.

No, I doubt these 18 election deniers were perfectly reasonable and rational folks on every other issue. :lol: But I think it's an indicator, and not the only one. I've heard and read in a handful of places that some conservatives are starting to get Trump Fatigue. At the same time, I think there could be a lot of people who are more likely to vote for someone in the "other" party for a state office, because it doesn't much affect national politics. Massachusetts is like that. Republicans get elected governor of Massachusetts all the time. I wouldn't be surprised if there are conservatives around the country who wouldn't mind voting for a Democrat for governor or secretary of state, even if they'd be loathe to vote for a Democrat for congress or President. And the person who pointed out that "0-18" was specific to say these were races that he regarded as competitive. It's a small sample size, but 0-18 is still a whomping. If the nutty people indeed lost by razor-thin margins, and if this guy's judgment that these 18 races were competitive is correct, it suggests to me that Republicans who weren't Trumpists might've instead gone 9-9 in those races. And we can't say that they wouldn't have gone 18-0.

In Arizona, just to name one race for Governor, it's specifically about Kari Lake's being an election denier. If a 'normal' Republican had run for governor of Arizona instead of Kari Lake, for example, who's to say they wouldn't be the governor-elect now? I'd say it's almost likely, in fact. 17,000 votes.

NY Times, 15 Nov 2022 - "In Arizona, Kari Lake’s Next Move Splits Factions of G.O.P."

NY Times said:
PHOENIX — Kari Lake’s defeat in the governor’s race in Arizona has set off a high-stakes tug of war within the Republican Party, as Ms. Lake’s right-wing allies pushed her to mount a Trump-style challenge to the results, while some establishment leaders — including a former Republican governor — urged her to concede her loss and move on.

Ms. Lake’s next move could prove a turning point for her party and the far-right faction of election deniers that propelled her rapid rise this year. Ms. Lake stands as the last high-profile candidate in a class of strident promoters of 2020 conspiracy theories to lose her bid, and many of her followers view her race as a sort of last stand for a battered movement.
NY Times said:
“Kari Lake has lost the race in my opinion. There’s no way for her to have a pathway,” former Gov. Jan Brewer, a conservative Republican, said in an interview Tuesday. “If I was in that position, I probably would concede. Our democracy is so important to what our country and state stands for. We vote people in and we vote people out.”

Other establishment Republicans sent a similar signal on Tuesday by congratulating Katie Hobbs, the Democratic secretary of state, on her victory in the race. Gov. Doug Ducey, a Republican who is term-limited, called Ms. Hobbs on Monday morning. Ms. Brewer said she was planning to call her later Tuesday.

I would caution against confusing what you want to be true with what is true. But, you may be right. I guess I hope you are.
Well, anything is possible. But he and his Mini-Mes got slaughtered across the board in a midterm election against a sitting government. Oofda. That's almost lining up to take your beating territory. But without a reason or morals. It was pathetic.

Well, anything is possible. But he and his Mini-Mes got slaughtered across the board in a midterm election against a sitting government. Oofda. That's almost lining up to take your beating territory. But without a reason or morals. It was pathetic.

As noted, they did not get slaughtered. They lost, in many cases, by margins of well under 1%, a few thousand or even a few hundred votes.

Top Bottom