v21 bugs and crashes

I just got the "Your explorer found this sticky flammable stuff..." popup. I paid the whopping 10:gold: required to study the stuff. It revealed the oil on the tile. But not just that oil. It revealed all the oil on the map. I am hundreds of turns from discovering the tech that normally reveals oil. Seems a bit buggy. It may be that there is no way to reveal only one of a resource but otherwise this popup should be adjusted so as not to pop so early in the game.

I think I remember this from a previous game too.. i just thought.. hell yeah! lol win

Whenever I click to add Nautilus to the production I am being kicked to the desktop. It looks like Nautilus oriented CTD ;) I wanted to test that giant squid !

Is the hero Leonidas - The 300 Spartans suppose to upgrade to a maceman?

Whenever I click to add Nautilus to the production I am being kicked to the desktop. It looks like Nautilus oriented CTD ;) I wanted to test that giant squid !

This one has been reported often now. I think we need to remove the Nautilus from the SVN until someone can figure out why it is causing that CTD.

I still get this error message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "BugInit", line 93, in callInits
File "UnitUtil", line 73, in init
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'getDescription'

ANYONE PLS!!!

I went an updated my SVN and started up a brand new game with the same settings I always do (except moved up to Emperor difficulty) and I got this error first thing when the game loaded.

Can someone PLEASE fix this.

Go to line 73 in UnitUtil and see what is calling 'getDescription'
Could be pUnit, pCity etc
Just add if pUnit.isNone() == false: above that line if it is pUnit for instance
and make necessary indentations

If it isn't one of those with .None() function, then the info is invalid

Under the automation tab in the BUG menu where you can select/deselect worker actions jungle camp is listed twice and when I turn them off one reappears once i close it. So my idiot workers are building jungle camps ;)

Oh btw my MAF's are less frequent now, i dropped the resolution down to the 1028x720 or w/e it is and turned off autosave + koshling's memory leak thing - plus i totally redid my .ini
Now they occur probably every 30-40 minutes.. not great but a big improvement. It'd probably be even less frequent when playing a smaller map than GEM.

I think it is just luck of the map gen. For instance in one of my game for that map had stone available but all the gold and silver were stuck in the mountains. It was just mocking me as my economy was struggling.
Actually you need to be very lucky to get obsidian outside mountains due to the rules given to it in the XML.
It is only allowed on barren and rocky hills without features which is rare.
As a bonus of the rush class it is also forced to be a certain distance away from other important resources.
I would suggest allowing it on any barren or rocky terrain (including flatlands) and prevent it from spawning on peaks (as by the time you can get it there it is not useful any more).

Very minor point - I tried to slaughter several animals in a city to rush build a settler in one turn. The hammers went to the settler but the food went to build up the population, so I wasn't able to complete the settler.

Here is something I do not think is mod specific, but it could be. I am not sure of the exact source, but I am almost comepltely sure it is not graphics related due to things I have attempted. Using your mod, which I think is great, at the start of the game I changed all plots to ocean via world builder. This was from a custom game. I wanted to create a real world map. It was coming along great. Eventually, after finishing about 25 percent of land, it would crash only when I would change an ocean plot into a land one. This happens almost every attempt, but it is random. Now it is at the point where I have to get lucky to let me change one at all. The game crashes when I try to change an ocean plot, to any sort of land plot. For some reason it has decided there are too many land plots?

Not sure of what the exact reason, but I really want to finish my map. Any help would be appreciated.

Under the automation tab in the BUG menu where you can select/deselect worker actions jungle camp is listed twice and when I turn them off one reappears once i close it. So my idiot workers are building jungle camps ;)

<snip>

Why are you turning off JCs? I've worked hard with DH's help to keep JCs a viable Tile option instead of allowing "idiot" workers to chop them all down! Grrrrr....

The double listing needs fixed. But turning JCs Off weakens the "choices" you have for tile improvements. :/

JosEPh <sigh>

WHEW:whew: Haven't been able to get on since 2 am yesterday:mad:

Anyways, in the last SVN:

@DH

i get these errors plus one or two i didnt take a pic of??

Gah! forgot I was working on the buildings also.

Edit Update
- More subdue animal buildings. Mostly late game sea creature ones.

Gah! forgot I was working on the buildings also.

No biggy.

To anyone with python or related python that can help. . .

I believe the Advanced Nukes are waaaaay out of hand, i had over 200 explode in my civ and wiped out everything i had done in 40 hours of gaming, in less than a 5 minute time frame?????:mad::mad:

I was wondering if there is anyway we could limit the number of nukes and for using them, the user must pay DEEPLY for using them or suffer the consequences of his/her actions. I cant even see that 1 per round is way too much. IMHO. Not realistic in the least.....

EDIT: Also i just saw this in another thread, i like this idea....

preReqWar tag

Saw this for the first time, and i might add, i finally got some early religions, what ever you did DH to lower them or something, its finally working correct, thx.
But anyways this is what i found, a PINK Spirits Answer screen when founded.

Also there "still" are too many eagle being spawned on a map??

Also, i just remembered that i had one city that was in the middle of my area of control and could NOT build any buildings, any ideas on this??

Top Bottom