v22 bugs and crashes

I have two problems with that -- one is that it is not remembering that setting between save games, and the other is that it is not transferring that setting from city to city. The old option was much, much more helpful.
It uses the BUG option setting as default (for new cities or when you reload) so I don't get why you are worse off than before.
Unless you regularly went into the BUG settings and toggled it.

Along with the above post:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=11369749&postcount=34

It just doesnt make much sense for the enemy to have SO many units available, and not attacking INFORCE??

This isn't a bug per se. It's a weakness in the AI architecture really, which is tricky to address (though I'll have a go sometime since this save provides such a good example). If you ctrl-hover the stcaks (with chipotle enabled) you can see the AI type each stack leader is running. The stack next to your city is using 'city attack', which is fine. The other two however, are using 'attack' in one case (which will attack units but not usually cities), and 'counter' which is used usually defensively (it's probably there because of the close proximity of the AI city that belongs to that player). There is SOME code that allows (appropriate) units to transition between supported AI types, but it's very limitted. In this case I think at least the 'attack' stack should transition to 'city attack' and join the attack force next to your city, and I'll tweak to this effect sometime.

Found a graphic bug with the Viper

the second screen-shot was made on reload

Attachments

• Bug Viper .CivBeyondSwordSave
    843.6 KB · Views: 51
  • Viper 01.JPG
    Viper 01.JPG
    224.6 KB · Views: 78
  • Viper 02.JPG
    Viper 02.JPG
    193 KB · Views: 66

The viper was taken out 2 releases ago already.:) But thx for the input and thx for playing.

The viper was taken out 2 releases ago already.:) But thx for the input and thx for playing.

Are you sure because I play with the last svn rev 2162

It appears in my game since the new way of getting subdue animal directly in city and I find it in the sevopedia see screen

Attachments

• Viper sevo.JPG
    Viper sevo.JPG
    230.6 KB · Views: 90
SO,
Hydro and DH made and put back in a new Viper for this release. Look in Subdued Animals thread. :)

JosEPh

So heres a random question, not nesissarily a v22 bug, but strange nonetheless. With realstic corporations.

Creative Assembles corp is founded in my city A.
next turn
Creative Assembles corp spreads to city B and C.
next turn
Creative Assembles corp leaves city B and C

Currently all my bonuses and negatives end up being a +15% subsidiary. Yet for some reason my corps start and shutdown in a turn. Any reason for this, or thing I can do to keep them in place?

SO,
Hydro and DH made and put back in a new Viper for this release. Look in Subdued Animals thread. :)

JosEPh

It is a whole new unit. I had better go back and check that I did get rid of the old art and not just copy the new over the old.

I've had this with the new viper too, I thought it was my graphics card overheating cos it has been warm in here today, but that seems less likely as I'm not the only one experiencing it!

Some of the buildings are not being removed when they are upgraded. I still have Harbor even though I have built a Port, and Barter Post is still there even though I have a Trading Post. Same for River Port and River Authority. They are not listed in the city screen, but are listed when I access the demolish building. This means they are adding to the crime even though they are not listed.
Also when poison crafter goes obsolete, it still adds to the crime rate.

Some of the buildings are not being removed when they are upgraded. I still have Harbor even though I have built a Port, and Barter Post is still there even though I have a Trading Post. Same for River Port and River Authority. They are not listed in the city screen, but are listed when I access the demolish building. This means they are adding to the crime even though they are not listed.
Also when poison crafter goes obsolete, it still adds to the crime rate.

If they are not listed they are not having an effect (90% sure). Post a save game with description of a specific city and why you think the not listed (but demolishable, which might be a minor bug, or might be intended [not sure]) buildings are contirbuting (and why) and I'll take a look.

+Assembly Plant pedia reads, unquie German replacement for Factory. Ethier thats a mistake, or you can make them without being german. :p
+In the city screen, on the resources list, Donkeys show up as Melons. :D

Perhaps a bug but I'm not sure

The barbs settle there first city few turn ago but among them there's an Tewhatewha a UU for the maori civ. Is it normal ???

If needed I can provide a save

Attachments

• Barb Twehatewha.JPG
    Barb Twehatewha.JPG
    278.5 KB · Views: 83
That is because you haven't gotten around to making all the gamefont_75.tga buttons.:mischief:

aww man. I was really hoping the niehboring farms had interbred to make the new super melon donkeys that would lead my forces to a delicous victory. :lol:

I'll take a look at the fonts once I get this stubburn icon problem figured. (how some icons are mimicing others regardless of xml and thier own pics) AKA Arena = collosuem, Cannery = Assembly plant... no matter what I change they always copy thier icons... ???

I think I found a flaw in AI behaviour:

once I had canoes and finished exploring the coast a bit to catch sea critters, I put 4 of my 5 canoes together with my general at the korean coast, blocking all sea tiles.
A korean city, size 10 had worked 5 of these and so Korea - as I expected - tried to counter by beelining to boat building and after reaching it, it built a canoe builders hut in its city. In its 2 cities 2 huge invasion armies gathered as well. I expected them to spam the 5 canoes in no time, filling them up and sending waves and waves abroad the japanese shore, (although I am not that afraid as each wave only had max 5 units loaded and my ships would sink some of theirs so the remaining units would be xp for my general (lol the canoes remind me of german subs from ww1)- but at home korea is quite a power, a 5 promotion general who had his experience from thousand years of raging barbs would face my troops much too soon as my general is still very young and mostly suicidal seabound^^
To make a long story short, AI never built a single boat, healer and stuff instead. last thing they built was a seaweed farm, which is why i want to call it the see-weed-farm-instead-of-boat trip-bug... the other screenshot shows all ruins I encountered --raging barbs/autoraze really helps to decrease turntimes at one point (only the strongest survive (and the techleader with the great wall) but perhaps it was the barb rebellion bug, I dont know. Might be more frequent with more barbs around in general... :think: gonna send my hunters in search of that suspected, legendary giant barbarian stack horde with like 100 units ploughing through deity AI meat. Hail Japan^^

Here's the savegame (SVN from just before animals were beamed home - I like it to have to bring them home I guess, so I am gonna stay at that version a bit and hereby request a game option for the old ways :cowboy: lol I guess I'm more conservative than I thought I was), maybe you can bring the AI to be smart and build a boat finally, after all, I blocked all sea tiles of 2 of their 3 cities with one ship :exploit:

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0045.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0045.JPG
    235.5 KB · Views: 78
  • Civ4ScreenShot0046.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0046.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 47
Perhaps a bug but I'm not sure

The barbs settle there first city few turn ago but among them there's an Tewhatewha a UU for the maori civ. Is it normal ???

If needed I can provide a save

I think its less of a bug and more a of a potentially enhanceable feature --
if barbs have individual units in different parts of the world it makes them more unique.
To be able to somehow capture such UUs would be interesting, another way to get access to other cultures maybe (that on high difficulties often are built by the techleaders, so nearly no chance to get [early] cultures [or cultural special units] in these games).
Would make the raging barbs thingie more alive and it would put another layer into barbs, barb cultural flavour, so to speak. Who's thinking this could become another nice feature? :D

Edit: sry for doublepost

To be able to somehow capture such UUs would be interesting, another way to get access to other cultures maybe (that on high difficulties often are built by the techleaders, so nearly no chance to get [early] cultures [or cultural special units] in these games).

Actually I was thinking it would be cool if we had some AOE-like Priest Units that could "convert" enemy units. Note that the units you try to convert could be ANY type of unit.

Actually I was thinking it would be cool if we had some AOE-like Priest Units that could "convert" enemy units. Note that the units you try to convert could be ANY type of unit.

Sounds awesome and easy to implement, I guess. Could there be another promotion in that "convert" line, maybe "learn about cultural heritage" (of converted units)? I mean, look at the way the Dresden codex was reserved by the spanish monk talking to the mayans... I really would like to see another way to unlock cultures, as I said before, not much to do against techleading AI stealing them all and getting all achievements to steal even more even faster^^

Top Bottom