1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

v23 Bugs and Crashes

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by E_T, May 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

I think Steel resource and Steel tech have the same pedia hyperlink problem.

2. MaXimillionZero

MaXimillionZero Warlord

As does the Vassalage tech and the two "Vassalage" civics.

3. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

It is more likely to be in the python so it is the config/init.xml and config/The_Jmods.xml which need to be checked.

IIRC it is because they have the same name in the text. Ie both are "Vassalage", or both are Paper", or both are "Steel". I fixed it for the Jaguar (warrior vrs. animal).

4. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

I Guess you could chnage the names ...

Paper -> Paper Making

Steel -> Steelmaking

Not sure about Vassalage since there are 2 Civics (Power and Military). Serfdom maybe?

5. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

The Barney Stone event is giving a pink icon.

6. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

I moved all of my Wonders into an individual Wonders folder and didn't realize the art path needed to be updated. I updated the path for all my events tied to Wonders and pushed the change to the SVN.

7. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

I'd really like to stay away from changing tech names. It sounds to me like there is some kind of bug in the Pedia about using the name instead of the TXT_KEY for hyperlinks. Do you think that is possible to fix?

8. Alornal

Alornal Chieftain

So its about 5000 BC, large map, 3 civs left. Somehow, the game slows to a complete freeze. I've run larger games longer - it shouldn't be my computer. v23, no changes. Sorry, I can provide a minidump later. Specifically, all combat had gradually been slowing down in between, and during turns. Finally, after ending the turn at this point in the save, my stone axeman kills a cave bear slowly, and then the whole thing just stops running.

Attached Files:

9. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

Version 24 will be coming out sometime today, when i can get ahold of MrAzure, where ever he is???

10. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

What is it that needs fixing, I may be able to do it quick so that you can release V24.

11. lsvc

lsvc Chieftain

Tactical Fusi and Fusion Nova still doesn't work, also in 3013.

12. Sgtslick

Sgtslick Emperor

It would just never complete, but I managed to load a different auto-save so don't worry about it.

13. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

I absolutely should worry about it when I am able to do so. Please post the save - I WILL look at it at some point.

14. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

I'm not sure that would be even a possible fix. There's so much that calls to the core coding in that sort of thing (unless the pedia itself is largely driven by python I'm unaware of.) I can understand how having two items, like a tech and a civic, named the same thing would work fine since they have differing text keys but would cause problems for a linking engine in the pedia. The only feasible solution would be to change the names. And usually, this shouldn't be difficult I'd think.

I'll suggest:
    Paper Resource: should stay as "Paper".
    Paper Tech: "Mulching Process".

Steel Resource: "Steel Bars" (this goes for all processed metal resources...)
    Steel Tech: "Steel Alloys"

Vassalage Tech: stays "Vassalage"
    Vassalage Power Civic: "Suzerainty"
    Vassalage Military Civic: "Fiefdom"

~

Judging by how other advanced nukes were put into play, this may be a result of a missing python reference? The other advanced nuke effects were certainly delivered via python. I don't know how to fix that myself but I'm saying it here to let those py modders here know its most likely in their court.

~

This has been this way since Vanilla. Any ideas as to how this could be reprogrammed? I mean, we find its easy enough to determine who just committed an espionage act on you by suddenly finding a bunch of cities lighting up, and any other sign that someone just lost a bunch of espionage points they had against us. In other words, there's going to be a lot of unavoidable 'tells' in the espionage system as it currently operates without a massive overhaul of the entire mechanism.

15. Nevets_

Nevets_ Warlord

I was also getting this, but it disappeared a few turns later when I finished building Adam Smith's Trading Company. Maybe it has something to do with that wonder having no mouseover text in the build queue?

16. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

I think the Sevopedia is all Python controlled. The folder is Assets\Python\Contrib\Sevopedia. There's probably something at fault in the def link function that starts at line 858. I really wouldn't want to mess with the Paper or Steel tech names. Mulching Process sounds like a gardening technology.

An idea occurred to me after I posted this: what if you added a space to the end of the resource name? That is, the tech would be "Paper" and the resource would be "Paper "? Would that make them separate enough that the Sevopedia could distinguish between them?

17. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

We are going to have to redo the Pedia at some stage to split out the resources (map, manufactured and culture) at least. I would not worry too much about it.

18. Lexotan_sedlex

Lexotan_sedlex Warlord

hi,

the last svn have a end turn error in xml. All turns when pass happens a error message of eventhandler.

19. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

If you have a PythonErr.log file (not Pythonerr2.log) posting that will help track down the problem.

20. T C

T C Prince

Slightly strange thing happens here. The Dutch have an enormous army outside one of my cities, on this turn I withdrew all defenders and the next turn the Dutch withdrew instead of taking the city.

City name is Lingupura, just withdraw the units from the city and click through the rest on this turn.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.