v23 Bugs and Crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just found out that the dll may be the main cause of the Black Terrain after all, because when i changed dll's the last time, the COLOR changed "again" for almost all civs and the black terrain started in again?? Just mentioning what happened, i am not sure, so dont take it as anything bad, just info, trying to figure this stuff out.

The attached is supposed to be goldenrod, "gold" not red??

@ Koshling and AIAndy,

i just found out that the dll may be the main cause of the Black Terrain after all, because when i changed dll's the last time, the COLOR changed "again" for almost all civs and the black terrain started in again?? Just mentioning what happened, i am not sure, so dont take it as anything bad, just info, trying to figure this stuff out.

The attached is supposed to be goldenrod, "gold" not red??

Trust me on this. There is absolutely NO connection between black terrain and civ colors.

@ Koshling:

Is there anyway you can do an extra performance loss on turns somehow while you are still doing your Multi-Map stuff for this game i am playing, when i hit the Renaissance Era it went from 30 seconds to around 5 minutes PER turn now:mad:

If so i would really appreciate it.

SVN: 2960

Fixed. See http://caveman2cosmos.comule.com/view.php?id=21 (issue tracker is a great way to both report and track status of bugs BTW - I highly recommend it)

Fixed. See http://caveman2cosmos.comule.com/view.php?id=21 (issue tracker is a great way to both report and track status of bugs BTW - I highly recommend it)

It looks useful, but I dislike the setup of the site, it seems impossible to navigate it effectively.:( I think I'll continue to check this and other threads to see if there are any issues with my things.

Hello.

After few hours of playng c2c after loading the game again units graphs, city names production info, and rescource icons dissapeared. Some rescource tiles are pink ...

I've already searched for that .... but still nothing ...

Game is running on high details, frozen animations. Win 7.

Every new game is OK till some point when some important graphics are missing.

Any ideas how to get rid of that? :confused:

Hello.

After few hours of playng c2c after loading the game again units graphs, city names production info, and rescource icons dissapeared. Some rescource tiles are pink ...

I've already searched for that .... but still nothing ...

Game is running on high details, frozen animations. Win 7.

Every new game is OK till some point when some important graphics are missing.

Any ideas how to get rid of that? :confused:

Try turning down your graphics settings and see if that helps. That sounds remarkably like the Resource Limit bug, but we fixed that a while ago.:confused:

Try turning down your graphics settings and see if that helps. That sounds remarkably like the Resource Limit bug, but we fixed that a while ago.:confused:

It worked for city names/units but still some tiles are pink. But finally it's playable. Great thanks!

Not crashing in the DLL so probably a graphics issue of some sort.

Ok then, i will try and figure it out on my end then, thx for looking;)

EDIT: Your right it was a graphical hiccup, must be when that darn coloring of different civs took place, AGAIN!!:sad:

Hello all.

The "gems" resource cant be improved. Dont have civilopedia entry showing the requirement and the terrain improvement necessary to explore the resource.

thanks.

Hello all.

The "gems" resource cant be improved. Dont have civilopedia entry showing the requirement and the terrain improvement necessary to explore the resource.

thanks.

I don't know if it was a "bug" or a "feature" in V23, but in the SVN gems aren't a map resource anymore. In other words, you aren't supposed to be able to improve them in V23.

The City Gatehouse or the City Gate?

Both and both types of walls as well, but only a small crime reduction.

Hello all.

thanks.

"Gems" are not a map resource. They have been replaced by Amber, Diamond, Sapphire and Ruby resources. "Gems" should only be a manufactured resource, they can still be placed on a map but in future if you do that you will get a CTD as we make them fully manufactured in the XML.

Got this with the latest SVN for "buildings" in the pedia area? (See attachment)

BUT

that was when the interface went black terrain:mad:

I got it going again and have terrain now, and now NO pedia entry error, its all there and correct:crazyeye:, so what do you'll think is going on here, is it buildings causing this or terrains??

EDIT: @Hydro, i just got this error message, do you know what its all about?

[1985.877] WRN: FSound::DoLoad: Sound Sounds/Afforess/Garbage could acquire a loaded buffer.

Do you have the 3GB switch enabled, I found that if it wasn't then opening the WB would cause a CTD without fail. Otherwise a minidump would help.

Sorry for the total fail on providing information. I sometimes forget you guys spend so much time making this mod AWESOME you don't have much time to play/test it.

I'm actually running Win7 64-bit with 8GB ram so I don't think the 3GB switch is going to matter.
Here is the minidump.

Attachments

• MiniDump.zip
    14.3 KB · Views: 58
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom