1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

v23 Bugs and Crashes

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by E_T, May 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

@Koshling

Is there something in the dll, that if you use the modifier so many times, the civs change color, because this is the second time now this has happened? Pinkish went to black, gold went to red etc, etc ??

2. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

Nope - it only changes colours on load when the definuiions have been changed and it can't find the ones it was using.

3. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

I didn't actually know about that setting!! (and I did have it disabled). Problem reproduced and fix incoming on SVN later today.

Edit - fix now available on the SVN.

4. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

Fix just pushed to SVN

5. Actuarian

Actuarian Warlord

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not - I built some rafts and engaged a small salt water croc. It destroyed a couple of my rafts and got the leviathon 3 promotion, which gives it +360% against wooden ships. Two questions - first, should the small salt water croc get the leviathon 3 promotion? Second should the leviathon 3 promotion give that big of a bonus (the leviathon 2 is pretty big too)?

There is also still the exploit available for early units to stand next to a cobra and get tons of battlefield promotions while the cobra repeatedly attacks and withdraws.

6. velosepappe

velosepappe Warlord

I get a CTD when trying the nomaddemo, after researching gathering.
    The error I recieve is "error in techAcquired event handler <function on techAcquired at 0x1836D370>". After this if I try to move a unit on the same turn it seems to CTD with no extra message.

Then I tried to end turn without moving another unit, and it worked, and next turn I seem to be able to move units without CTD.

EDIT: and right after I returned and moved a unit I got a CTD, no error message though.
    EDIT2: in response to strategyonly, I hope this works

Attached Files:

7. strategyonly

When something like you explained above, pls put a savedgame 1 turn before what you said and where it happens, here so Koshling can take alook at it, thx, and a screenie would be nice also.

8. BlueGenie

BlueGenie Emperor

I keep getting the messages "Tamed Panther/Lion has died in combat" with the resulting "DOOOWW" sound after, as if a Great General or Hero has dies.

Cheers

9. strategyonly

I hear ya, but we need to wait till DH gets back, that is one of his python units.

10. BlueGenie

BlueGenie Emperor

The Leviathan promotions for sea creatures are bugged. #2 and #3 don't require the previous ones to be eligible so a sea animal can get Leviathan 3 on the first promotion.
    At least I expect that to be a bug and not intended.

Cheers

11. Actuarian

Actuarian Warlord

Yeah - a small salt water croc got the leviathon 3 promotion after defeating one of my rafts (I think a battlefield promotion) and now my rafts have to face a strength 9.2 animal, making it very problematic to travel the coast in that direction.

12. wonderlego

wonderlego Chieftain

Prior to v23 this worked for fine for me. When I first started with v23 it stopped halfway through loading the mod with some error message. The May 13th update fixed this. However now when I try to play the game crashes right when the map is about to display. I have downloaded both files and put the ones from part 2 into the assets of part one. Is something from with this setup? Note: The mod loads, it's when I set up a game and press play, after that loading screen it crashes to desk top, no message at all.

13. ori

ori Repair Guy Super Moderator

The audiodefine.xml got corrupted at some point recently - when I updated the SVN today it was shown as "in a conflicted state" - starting the game from there would result in a crash to desktop with no error message. Deleting the file and having the SVN restore it solved the problem.

Maybe there is a similar problem with the v23 release?
    Try this:
    Go to the folder where you have installed C2C - then go to \assets\xml\audio\ and look for the audiodefines.xml. Rename that to audiodefines.xml.bak.
    Then download the attached file from here and unzip it into the folder where the audiodefines.xml was.
    Start the game. Does that work?

Attached Files:

14. strategyonly

I tried it out, that was the older one that was in there from AIAndy, wen he changed it to a loop type audio setting. But for some reason Thunderbrd changed it to a different song(dont know why), for me personally it worked on both, what was wrong on your end??

15. ori

the SVN showed it as "conflicted" when I updated the SVN - the game crashed once I started it and I ended up just deleting the file and having the SVN restore it and it worked... The file I uploaded actually was the restored file, I just uploaded it since the resulting crash was exactly as wonderlego describes it so I was just wondering whether his v23 download had a similar problem...

16. strategyonly

Well it does work better for the loop, so if you want to push toward the SVN, have at it.;)

17. ori

18. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

I will fix this and update tomorrow. ;)

19. Actuarian

Actuarian Warlord

This bug was on version 23 before the May 13 file #1 update and I haven't been able to test it in the newer version 23 yet, but I could build rafts even though I didn't have access to prime timber or bamboo. Interestingly enough, if I built the maximum allowed five rafts and then a raft got destroyed after the end of my turn, I couldn't build another raft on the next turn (and got the prime timber or bamboo needed message); the following turn there was no message and I could build back up to the limit.

Never mind - the May 13 file fixed it.

20. anunknownman

anunknownman Warlord

i always get a ctd when the wonders are finished(when their video starts). any fix yet????

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.