Vassals

Submitted my pull request to be added to the CP Beta. This will be version 1 of the beta, the first of a series of incremental fixes to ensure quality and stability pushing for the full release.

When it is accepted and integrated and pushed by Gazebo, then you guys will be able to play it (CP and CBP).

I will make another thread to incorporate beta feedback, so it doesn't get cluttered with any beta release version. Until then, feel free to ask me any questions!

Thank you for everyone that contributed to this thread, all of your feedback has been taken into consideration, if I replied or didn't!

Just had an interesting scenario with my Vassals not sure if this is a bug or intended.

Here's my scenario, I'm playing as Poland and went to war with Shaka. I decimated him down to one city and I peace out and he becomes my vassal. Some turns later I declare war on Indonesia and apparently he had a defensive pact with Shaka, so then Shaka of course declares war on me. After one turn of Shaka DoW me he automatically peace out with me and I just get a notification on the side saying he peace out. The problem was he only peace out with me and not my city state allies. I wasn't even paying attention and all of a sudden he got wiped out by Sofia who is my ally. Is this intended or a bug?

Just had an interesting scenario with my Vassals not sure if this is a bug or intended.

Here's my scenario, I'm playing as Poland and went to war with Shaka. I decimated him down to one city and I peace out and he becomes my vassal. Some turns later I declare war on Indonesia and apparently he had a defensive pact with Shaka, so then Shaka of course declares war on me. After one turn of Shaka DoW me he automatically peace out with me and I just get a notification on the side saying he peace out. The problem was he only peace out with me and not my city state allies. I wasn't even paying attention and all of a sudden he got wiped out by Sofia who is my ally. Is this intended or a bug?

Definitely bug. If I understand you correctly, Shaka had an existing Defensive Pact with Indonesia, Shaka became your vassal. Then you declared war on Indonesia, and Shaka declared war on you and made peace right after?

If so, absolutely this is a bug, and it will need to be addressed. Can you be very specific what version you were playing, all loaded mods, and maybe a save if possible?

Definitely bug. If I understand you correctly, Shaka had an existing Defensive Pact with Indonesia, Shaka became your vassal. Then you declared war on Indonesia, and Shaka declared war on you and made peace right after?

If so, absolutely this is a bug, and it will need to be addressed. Can you be very specific what version you were playing, all loaded mods, and maybe a save if possible?

May need to check and see if defensive pacts are being cancelled bilaterally during vassalage.

G

May need to check and see if defensive pacts are being cancelled bilaterally during vassalage.

G

Yep, should be a five minute fix assuming there are no other variables at play.

Yes what you described is correct. I'm using the latest released patch (January 23th). The only other loaded mod is InfoAddict. I don't have a save right now (I'm at work currently) but if you really need it I can upload it. At what point do you want to see the save? Just before I declare war on Indonesia?

Also to note, when Shaka made peace it was only with me and not all my city states allies and thus he got owned by them.

Yes what you described is correct. I'm using the latest released patch (January 23th). The only other loaded mod is InfoAddict. I don't have a save right now (I'm at work currently) but if you really need it I can upload it. At what point do you want to see the save? Just before I declare war on Indonesia?

Also to note, when Shaka made peace it was only with me and not all my city states allies and thus he got owned by them.

Just before you vassaled Shaka if possible. But its not a high priority. I can probably fix it without much work.

Putmalk,

Working on integration now. Quick question: there's no Vassal tab anywhere that I can find. Does it only appear once you have a vassal?

G

Vassal Overview should appear always (from the drop down). If it doesn't, then the files aren't be added by the mod correctly (may be project config issue on C4DF,?) I didn't touch my original mod's properties for dev (since I use my own custom mod addon) so it's probably just a config issue.

Submitted my pull request to be added to the CP Beta. This will be version 1 of the beta, the first of a series of incremental fixes to ensure quality and stability pushing for the full release.

When it is accepted and integrated and pushed by Gazebo, then you guys will be able to play it (CP and CBP).

Interesting! I was just thinking about how this version of Vassalage looked pretty intriguing, but I don't play with the CBP. Now I won't have to miss out on it :)

Wow, Putmalk doesn't waste any time getting his mods out!
I assume Putmalk is immune to sleep too? :D

Wow, Putmalk doesn't waste any time getting his mods out!
I assume Putmalk is immune to sleep too? :D

Funnily enough, I've been sleeping at 11 every night.

Generally weekdays I work on the mod from 7-10, weekends I've been pushing 20 hours total.

The problem is I've been working on this mod pretty much forsaking other things. :crazyeye:

First: Great Mod!

Scenario:

I fought Persia into submission, conquering their Capital in the process, reduzing him to one citiy.
Following observations:
his vassal state is "voluntary" (but the peace deal was "capitulation"). And he doesn't like me at all (e.g.: -80 for "took my capital"), so i can't get a DoF and give him back cities, so he can get on his feet. I play with the Community Project 3/8.

Bug?

Scenario:

I fought Persia into submission, conquering their Capital in the process, reduzing him to one citiy.
Following observations:
his vassal state is "voluntary" (but the peace deal was "capitulation"). And he doesn't like me at all (e.g.: -80 for "took my capital"), so i can't get a DoF and give him back cities, so he can get on his feet. I play with the Community Project 3/8.

Bug?

Yes. Bug. I'm not able to reproduce. Are you playing with CBP EUI? CBP Non-EUI? CP, 1a C4DF?

Yes. Bug. I'm not able to reproduce. Are you playing with CBP EUI? CBP Non-EUI? CP, 1a C4DF?

Thanks for the quick answer.

I play with:
- CP v.72
- CBP with EUI v.13
- CSD v.27
- C4DF v.10
- More Luxuries v.155
- CBP Compatibility (EUI) v.1
- R.E.D. Modpack v.27
- Thal's FlagPromotions v.1

Tried a save prior to the capitulation but the result was the same (voluntary vassal).

Scenario:

Following observations:

Bug?
I am also getting this bug but I am still on the beta patch.

I am also getting this bug but I am still on the beta patch.

From my debugging sessions tonight I can deduce this is caused because the deal being sent to my code is not registered as a peace treaty...or the specific check I am looking for is failing. I've only seen this issue on CBP (not the C4DF CP version) and possibly only EUI. Currently reworking my logic to account for this problem.

edit: fixed. gonna compile some notes and pull request

From my debugging sessions tonight I can deduce this is caused because the deal being sent to my code is not registered as a peace treaty...or the specific check I am looking for is failing. I've only seen this issue on CBP (not the C4DF CP version) and possibly only EUI. Currently reworking my logic to account for this problem.

edit: fixed. gonna compile some notes and pull request

Nice! Thank you.

Putmalk - just want to tell you how much more interesting this makes my game. Have the 3/8 version, and after reaching the 1800's on a marathon, huge map game, I have two vassals - Askia and Pocatello. Beat both of them down to 2 cities before they capitulated. :)

Pocatello hates me, so I heavily tax him. Am sure it galls him to keep supporting me when I get attacked! Askia seems content with my rule, so I lowered his taxes down to zero, and periodically give him techs so his military and infrastructure stay current. When two civs (Siam and Russia) DoW'd me, I was able to leave them to Askia to run rampant, so I could focus my attentions on Elizabeth - who was bribed by Atilla to backstab me and attack from the other direction!

I know: cool story, bro! But wanted to share how this adds fresh strategic options to a great collection of mods (I must use half the recommended list along w EUI CBP).

- Erikose

Top Bottom