[NOT IN DEVELOPMENT] DOC Community Mod Compilation

Could you please investigate why is it that I cannot build the Temple of Solomon with my Prophet? And why my Jewish leader is ... Shirazi. Iranian ayatollah? Seriously? :crazyeye:

Attachments

• Shirazi AD-1961 Turn 441 Temple.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2.5 MB · Views: 75
Could you please investigate why is it that I cannot build the Temple of Solomon with my Prophet? And why my Jewish leader is ... Shirazi. Iranian ayatollah? Seriously? :crazyeye:
Apparently I had Menzies in 2 places in the XML and a few leaders were jumbled around. I fixed it and will be pushing once I check out this Solomonic Temple of yours

So apparently the error is coming from a C++ exception on a call to screen.appendMultiListButton on line 2483 of CvMainInterface. Thing is, I've searched the Python and CvGameCoreDLL folders and couldn't find a method called appendMultiListButton.

@Leoreth am I missing something?

EDIT: This seems to be an error unique to the save, I was able to build the temple on a test save I set up, going to see what happens if I make a new GP on the save you gave me.

EDIT: It seems to be tied to the Great Prophet unit within the save. It just occurred to me that the error may be tied to the Israeli civ, and so I am going to roll a 1700 AD save to see if I can reproduce the error.

Last edited:
Reverted changes made by DOC once again, apparently the CTD that the last version fixed was not the only CTD that would occur in the game. In order to increase the stability of the mod, I am reverting these changes once again. I am very sorry for the back and forth I have been causing.

Fixed jumbled leaderheads and a duplication of Menzies. This one is all on me, I dun messed.

Just so that everyone knows, I have the latest DOC version merged on my local testing version, but I ran into a CTD and have decided to wait for a fix from Leoreth. If you guys wish, I could release the merged version, but I can't ensure the same amount of stability as the current one.

So I have a really dumb question: is the modcomp meant to be used by itself or with the RFC Dawn of Civilization mod folder? I'm asking because I can't seem to get it working and I'm not sure what I'm doing that's wrong

So I have a really dumb question: is the modcomp meant to be used by itself or with the RFC Dawn of Civilization mod folder? I'm asking because I can't seem to get it working and I'm not sure what I'm doing that's wrong

It is meant to be used by itself. Make sure that you rename the folder to "RFC Civs and Fixes".

It is meant to be used by itself. Make sure that you rename the folder to "RFC Civs and Fixes".
Yeah, it still won't work for me. When I try to load the mods, I'm not able to select the RFC maps at the menu. It's like I'm playing regular BtS

Yeah, it still won't work for me. When I try to load the mods, I'm not able to select the RFC maps at the menu. It's like I'm playing regular BtS

Are you sure you renamed the folder that the mod is in to "RFC Civs and Fixes" and that within the folder is all the usual DOC folders? Assets, CvGameCoreDLL, etc? If it's still not working, can I have a screenshot of the RFC Civs and Fixes folder?

Merged DOC's Deification changes. This should not introduce any instability to the mod.

Stagnation instability is now the same as in DOC

I wanted to say a word about Subs, if I may. Trump was famously asked about nuclear Triad and he had no idea what the heck is that. If he would play DoC it would not help him much. Nuclear weapons must be deployed in 3 different domains to be able to strike back: air(atomic bombers), ground (IBCMs) and water (Ballistic missile submarines (SSBNs)). We have early submarines and nuclear submarines, the later carries scouts and such. What we need is tactical nuke, enable nuclear subs to carry missiles and early subs carry scouts. SSBNs are strategic objects, in the modern world you cannot be a superpower without them.

I wanted to say a word about Subs, if I may. Trump was famously asked about nuclear Triad and he had no idea what the heck is that. If he would play DoC it would not help him much. Nuclear weapons must be deployed in 3 different domains to be able to strike back: air(atomic bombers), ground (IBCMs) and water (Ballistic missile submarines (SSBNs)). We have early submarines and nuclear submarines, the later carries scouts and such. What we need is tactical nuke, enable nuclear subs to carry missiles and early subs carry scouts. SSBNs are strategic objects, in the modern world you cannot be a superpower without them.

Will the AI be able to use it if I give nuclear subs a few cargo slots for nukes?

We need to live and see...

Unrelated question: how do I see git checkout link associated with a given folder? Like if I right click with Tortoise git which option do I pick? Switch/checkout?

Last edited:
upload_2018-2-17_18-56-3.png

Here's the Mods folder and how I've organized the RFC Civs and Fixes to be.

Yeah it looks like it
I'm not sure what's going wrong. It works for me and the others. Very sorry.

EDIT: One last idea: try copy and pasting the name in the scenarios file into the folder name

Or the other way around

Does this include all the content from the "Merijn new civs & other projects" thread?

Does this include all the content from the "Merijn new civs & other projects?"
It includes all of Merijn's civs and Steb's Israel. I have not added Merijn's 2nd UUB as I do not know what the second UUBs would be for the new Civs. I have not included the playable barbarian or camp mods because I was unsure of whether or not people would want them in the modpack.

If you're wondering whether or not the included mods are up to date, they currently are. I usually update within 24 hours of new releases.

The 1st post should have a short overview of all of the content in the mod. The mentioned Ogi123 unit changes can be found on the unit changes discussion thread

It includes all of Merijn's civs and Steb's Israel. I have not added Merijn's 2nd UUB as I do not know what the second UUBs would be for the new Civs. I have not included the playable barbarian or camp mods because I was unsure of whether or not people would want them in the modpack.

If you're wondering whether or not the included mods are up to date, they currently are. I usually update within 24 hours of new releases.

I would love the camp mod to be included, as a Canadian it pains me to see that North America is completely empty before the Europeans show up.

Is there a git version of this? I'm just wondering how the modcomp compares to the base mod.

Top Bottom