[NOT IN DEVELOPMENT] DOC Community Mod Compilation

WE HAVE ARRIVED AT VERSION 1.0: Civs, Units, and Buildings!
After a few weeks of development, I have finally brought this modcomp/mod/thing to a point where I feel comfortable sitting back and starting to play test it. From now on I will be focused on balancing the current content and removing any bugs that come up. Expect less updates and more posts of what I've accomplished in this mod.

@Ogi123 I was about to start my homework! Really? Giving me an amazing suggestion just as I finished modding for the night? Okay, fine! But I expect you to enjoy the madness you helped bring about!

EDIT: Units renamed as suggested. Thanks @Ogi123

Homework is for the wimps! You got a world to conquer! :king:

But wait, HW must be 3rd priority and modding second. No date on Valentines? :love::eek: What happened to college life during this digital era! -10% testosterone...

Choosing Israel from 3000 BC start results to a crash to desktop approximately during early ADs. Kind of sad because you don't have many civs in 1940s which capital was founded 3000 BC...

And 600 AD start would not even start autoplaying if you chose Israel...

And 1700 AD start with Israel also crashed to desktop. This time around 1840s

Last edited:
Choosing Israel from 3000 BC start results to a crash to desktop approximately during early ADs. Kind of sad because you don't have many civs in 1940s which capital was founded 3000 BC...

And 600 AD start would not even start autoplaying if you chose Israel...

And 1700 AD start with Israel also crashed to desktop. This time around 1840s
Wow. This is bad. Do you have the crash logs?

Last edited:
It seems as if the 1700 Crash is in some way related to the latest version of DOC, which lines up with the fact that I've previously ran a 1700 AD game perfectly fine. Specifically it seems to be caused by a C++ exception originating from the call RFCUtils.py relocateUnitsToCore line 1853 unit.setXY to CvUnit::setXY.

@Leoreth Is it possible that this was caused by one of my changes?

The 600 AD thing has been known for a few weeks though. I'm not even sure where to start looking for this thing.

Wow. This is bad. Do you have the crash logs?

Sorry, I would not even know what they are... I think I need to enable them first? Leo never needs them, he fixes things with save before the crash, but when you autoplay autosaves are suppressed (for a good reason, it takes too long otherwise to load). :dunno:

As far as I can tell the 3000 BC and 1700 AD crashes are vanilla DOC bugs. The 600 AD Israeli crash however, seems to be one that I caused.

I do indeed update my mod whenever @merijn_v1 updates his mods. If you use TortoiseGit it is absurdly simple to merge conflicting files.

TortoiseGit automatically finds conflicts and edits the files to following the following pattern:

Code:
>>>>>> Head
Your version
======
Their version
<<<<<<

You see, no code conflicts does not mean there will be no in-game conflicts. Not everything modders do is modular, and I am not even talking about how one single change from one source can disturb the balance which was achieved after months of tweaking of the main mod. MOdding is fun, tweaking, rebalancing and debuging -- less so. Honestly if someone made a modmod which blends naturally with a main game -- it makes sense to rally up popular support and advocate merging the pull request instead...

You see, no code conflicts does not mean there will be no in-game conflicts. Not everything modders do is modular, and I am not even talking about how one single change from one source can disturb the balance which was achieved after months of tweaking of the main mod. MOdding is fun, tweaking, rebalancing and debuging -- less so. Honestly if someone made a modmod which blends naturally with a main game -- it makes sense to rally up popular support and advocate merging the pull request instead...

Of course, but my guide was on merging code, not fixing bugs. To fix bugs you need to be able to find errors via logs, manually inserted debug statements, etc, and have enough understanding of how programming works to be able to trace the path of code and understand what's happening along the way.

As long as you have those two skills, it doesn't matter if you don't know the programming language or how the game works. You can easily work along the way. Sure it helps if you know the language or program, why do you think companies like to hire people who have past experience with the language and/or program. But then again companies will be more than eager to hire you if you're great at programming, regardless of whether or not you know the language or program. Why do you think there's a Computer Science major and not 100 different language-specific majors?

The Israel 600 AD issue is definitely my own, just tried the base mod and it's fine.

Does anyone know the usual suspects for the turn not advancing during autoplay if you chose a specific civ and a specific scenario?

Reverted "Improve unit relocation after collapse or congress assignment" from DOC until Leoreth can fix it

Game is playable again

Sorry for the trouble everyone, I should have tested the changes before pushing.

The Israel 600 AD issue is definitely my own, just tried the base mod and it's fine.

Does anyone know the usual suspects for the turn not advancing during autoplay if you chose a specific civ and a specific scenario?
Maybe you need to have Israeli catapult somewhere in Antarctica during autoplay? Perhaps game is waiting for something like that... Until civ spawns it still exists but hidden because of BTS vanila rules, I think...

Maybe you need to have Israeli catapult somewhere in Antarctica during autoplay? Perhaps game is waiting for something like that... Until civ spawns it still exists but hidden because of BTS vanila rules, I think...
I never heard about this. Why would only Israel being affected and only in 600 AD? I can try it, but it'll take a while. I don't see much urgency to a 600 AD crash for a 1700 AD civ (If it was 3000BC crash that'd be something else entirely)

Plus I'm busy having fun playing as the Mayans.

I never heard about this. Why would only Israel being affected and only in 600 AD? I can try it, but it'll take a while. I don't see much urgency to a 600 AD crash for a 1700 AD civ (If it was 3000BC crash that'd be something else entirely)

Plus I'm busy having fun playing as the Mayans.

Yes, Israelis did crush again in 3000 BC. Did you actually push any changes? Attempted pull just now and git said it was already up to date...

Yes, Israelis did crush again in 3000 BC. Did you actually push any changes? Attempted pull just now and git said it was already up to date...
Seems I only commited and forgot to push. Oops!

EDIT: Pushed

Civ4ScreenShot0035.JPG

If you check Turkish units on your left -- you can see that Capital without access to sea got naval units inside. How did that happen and could that be the reason of strange behavior we witness sometimes?

Merged latest DOC

Player leaderhead changes like AIs do

View attachment 488432

If you check Turkish units on your left -- you can see that Capital without access to sea got naval units inside. How did that happen and could that be the reason of strange behavior we witness sometimes?

Just realized this was on my thread. Was this on the version that kept crashing,the fixed version, or the version prior to the crashing?

The one before this latest update.

Can we please normalize spy exp situation to grant at least 1 exp for any mission? Even 73% odds considered too much for the game to award 1 measly point.

Can we please normalize spy exp situation to grant at least 1 exp for any mission? Even 73% odds considered too much for the game to award 1 measly point.
Sorry, I thought I did that but I guess I forgot.

EDIT: New Update

Fixed an oversight where Corsairs had 3 Strength instead of the intended 5

Tweaked Power and Asset values of Pirates and Corsairs

Spies always get at least 1 XP from Espionage

Top Bottom