Version 1.1 Beta Log Posted! WOW!

oldStatesman

Cybernaut
Brad has posted the v.1.1 Beta change log on the official GC2 site - he says the beta version of the patch will be released to all registered users between tonight and this Sunday! :)

http://www.galciv2.com/Journals.aspx?AID=109552

This is one helluvan effort - There are many new features and a lot of cosmetic and gameplay bug fixes. This is not just a patch - it is a re-worked version of the game! Kudos to Stardock for this labor of love!

Just a few of the fixes... the list is immense ..check it out!

+ New Option: No tech Trading. Players can prevent any tech trading by anyone.
+ New Option: Blind Exploration. Players can now start out not knowing where the other civilizations are located.

+ New Option: Disable Minor races. No minor races.

+ New Option: Randomize player intelligence. This will scramble opponent intelligence by around +/- 10 points to have more variance.

+ New Option: Randomly pick opponents. Players can simply choose to play against N opponents and it will pick them out.

+ Ship Design Screen re-designed to allow far more visible space for designing.

+ Ship Design Screen supports panning with left-mouse button held down.

+ Ship Design Screen displays installed components in a grid list. Right click to remove a component.

+ Ship Design Screen supports rotation of components. See options screen to control how much you can rotate them.

+ Ship Design Screen supports copy/pasting behavior with ship size/rotation. If you select an existing component and then select a new component, the new component will automatically take on the size and rotation of the installed component you had just selected.

+ Ship Design Screen supports symmetry in rotation. Select an existing component, then select a new component to add on and then RIGHT-CLICK on the appropriate rotation dial and it will mirror the rotation automatically.

Brad and company have been very busy indeed.

Excellent work Stardock! :)
Just one question: will the race bonuses bug (see the corresponding thread in the Galciv2 forum) be fixed? It's the only part of the game that's really bugging me.

Only one thing worries me :
NEUTRALITY IS STILL BROKEN !

I'm in the middle of a game, and...
- No Neutrality learning centers
- No more trade routes from Neutral Shipping

It is annoying because I love being neutral, just for the huge planet quality boost you get by having yellow, orange and red terrains instantly available !

Masquerouge said:
Only one thing worries me :
NEUTRALITY IS STILL BROKEN !

I'm in the middle of a game, and...
- No Neutrality learning centers
- No more trade routes from Neutral Shipping

It is annoying because I love being neutral, just for the huge planet quality boost you get by having yellow, orange and red terrains instantly available !
Yeah, me too :( It's like World of Warcraft all over again :lol:
Seemed like researching Neutral Shipping did give me one of the three advertised trade routes, but that could've been something else. Maybe.
I agree that the instant jump in planet classes is one hell of a boost, though :eek: Too bad I'd already wasted time researching Soil Enhancement.

I'm so happy that a) unused social production isn't vented into space, b) production/research/population bonuses work now and c) the ship builder no longer insists on attaching components upside down no matter what I do that nothing else matters :woohoo:

...... 'cept for maybe the tax formula + diminishing returns on morale buildings.

Top Bottom