Version 2.8beta

I hate filefront as of lately it doesn't upload faster than 40 kb/s for me.

Sigh.....I kinda hate even to report this, but I get about 80% installed and I get this error....Assets\RoMPak2.FPK: This file contains invalid data. (error 11FD), hmmm...so close to being able to play with the new stuff

Sigh.....I kinda hate even to report this, but I get about 80% installed and I get this error....Assets\RoMPak2.FPK: This file contains invalid data. (error 11FD), hmmm...so close to being able to play with the new stuff

I hate to report this too.

Confirmed.

Understood, I'd prefer it was something on my end, don't know if anyone else has gotten the error, but again as always really appreciate the time you put into this, I know it eats up alot of your free time, but with the exception of some of the sci-fi and fantasy mods for Civ4, this is the way I play BTS, and really can't imagine playing it anymore without ROM. When everything get's sorted out really looking forward to the beta, it's like having new toys to play with...lol

So close!

If only there was a way to finish the install without the RoMPak2.FPK. :(

Then we could manually add it in as a separate d/l.

Well next week end should be Fun then. :)

JosEPh

why don't you torrent it?
should have couple of seeders in an hour max.
1) This is beta version ie. I do not want it to be available forever.

2) I've never set up torrent files so I'd have to first learn that process.

I do agree that torrent would be good way to spread this modpack and that's something to consider with v2.8 release.

Anyway, this gives me another week to tweak the mod and hope that RevDCM gets released next week so I can merge that too into beta... ;)

Edit: and I'll set it up in rar format so that the unpack process can recover from couple errors (like the current v2.71 downloads are done).

It works but there is NO RoM folder to put it all into if you use a different area to put it in. I dont put it in the mods folder cause it overrides some of the maps. And the BUG mod overrides some of the python there.

Finally!!! downloaded, unpacked (without errors), loaded and running. So far so good Zappa!:scan:

I can get it downloaded, installed, set up a game, but I'm having an issue generating a map...either premade or a map script, keeps hanging on setting up the map, didn't know if it's on my install, or if there might be a change that effects maps....guess that's why it's called a beta...lol :D

ah, with the interface issue make sure your RoM folder is called "Rise of Mankind" nothing more nothing less. If otherwise there some python error.

1 small bug.
Jungle Camp can be built almost everywhere, including grassland, plains etc. Yes without a jungle on top...

Top Bottom