Version 2.8beta

I don't think any modmod's were made to be used with 2.8. Yet.

But Zappara has included the Jungle Camp modmod (among others) in 2.8beta by default...

I had my 1st CTD at around 200BC. Gave the usual info about CiV4 BtS exe version 3.19 etc., the important stuff I thought was this ModName: ntdll.dll and Offset: 000210e8.

I havn't noticed if I can build Jungle Camp every where though. I have been building it on jungle tiles.

Nor have I noticed any problems with red or green faces. I still get plenty of them. :p

I did notice that you need to manually set the install path or the installer makes a new Firaxis path. And then the Mod is outside the Game directory. Otherwise installation was smooth.

Trying the Arboreal Map for a change on Giant setting with 10 AI. And they are ALL buttheads! ;)

JosEPh

I had my 1st CTD at around 200BC. Gave the usual info about CiV4 BtS exe version 3.19 etc., the important stuff I thought was this ModName: ntdll.dll and Offset: 000210e8.

I havn't noticed if I can build Jungle Camp every where though. I have been building it on jungle tiles.

Nor have I noticed any problems with red or green faces. I still get plenty of them. :p

I did notice that you need to manually set the install path or the installer makes a new Firaxis path. And then the Mod is outside the Game directory. Otherwise installation was smooth.

Trying the Arboreal Map for a change on Giant setting with 10 AI. And they are ALL buttheads! ;)

JosEPh

That crash was not BTS!. ntdll.dll is your OS kernel:) Check your system health, chkdsk your HDD's, test your memory and your OS installation stability. May be caused by drivers also.

I had the issue with files being spread around the mods folder, but once I fixed that I haven't had any problems yet, new stuff is cool...lol :D

No crashes or annoying issues either, reached modern age even...

1 thing though, AI is kinda having a field day with me! I think I might even be eliminated soon,

Hello,
I just have one question to Zap and others who are testing RoM 2.8. Is AI getting better than in 2.71? (see the thread "AI got dumb" in RoM forum, http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=329571). Besides all technical problems, for me it is a crucial factor. It is not fun to play a game where AI civs do nothing, got 6-8 small (size 3-5) cities and there is not even one war between them or you.

I really hope that AI improves in 2.8 because I remember many great games I played using 2.4, 2.5, 2.6. Zappara did a magnificent, outstanding job creating a most exciting mod for CIV IV and it will be a pity to spoil all that effort.

Let's put it this way, it upgrades builds units to counter mine. It builds cities strategically to box me in (and succeeds, only way for me to expand is going through him). So Far I am pretty impressed compared to 2.71...
All these tricks are not gonna save it's hide though.

I'm having a ctd problem that isn't reoccuring with each save but occurs very frequently and I've found it has something to do with the Trade Caravan unit. This has been an issue for me since 2.7 and I only had the ctds when I either was building the caravans or using them. The AI never has had them.

Hello,
I just have one question to Zap and others who are testing RoM 2.8. Is AI getting better than in 2.71? (see the thread "AI got dumb" in RoM forum, http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=329571). Besides all technical problems, for me it is a crucial factor. It is not fun to play a game where AI civs do nothing, got 6-8 small (size 3-5) cities and there is not even one war between them or you.

I really hope that AI improves in 2.8 because I remember many great games I played using 2.4, 2.5, 2.6. Zappara did a magnificent, outstanding job creating a most exciting mod for CIV IV and it will be a pity to spoil all that effort.

Ive played 2.8beta and the AI does seem better. just don't put Start as minors on as they don't seem to want to reasearch writing. could you make the AI value writing more when start as minors is on?

I'm also frequently getting CTD's right from start of game, and I cant seem to pinpoint the exact cause.

Great beta, Zappara!

I'm in my mid-Classical Age now. Running smooth so far. (Large Custom Continents [2] map, Marathon speed and few other options)

I'm using Afforess' custom dll with Jooyo and Afforess modmods. Not Mountains and Resource Refinements yet, not till they are fixed.

However, if you are interested in faster performance and don't want custom DLL, then go to my modmods in the modmod forum and download it. Then copy over the original dll with the one I provide because it has CAR merged in that give you 15% better performance.

I'm using Afforess dll and it has CAR merged in so I'm not having any slowdown with just nine players so far. Nice!

:goodjob: Zappara!

ah i thought zappara included CAr in the beta. could you do that? or is it not completely stable?

Zappara uses the original RevolutionDCM 2.51 dll that comes with the mod and merged it into his (Zappara's) mod.

I merged in CAR into the RevDCM sources, then compiled the dll and uploaded it in my modmod pack.

For the next RevDCM release, since it already has Better BtS AI merged in as usual, the BBAI team is currently working on merging what they judge to be good parts of CAR into their dll. After that, Glider1 will merge in THAT into the rest of his pack. Then after that Zappara will merge in the dll into his mod.

Long story short: Final 2.8 version of RoM will have the dll of RevDCM that will have portions of CAR merged in. So in the meantime, use my dll that only have the original RevDCM sources and CAR or use Afforess' dll that have the original RevDCM, CAR, and several other features merged in for his and Jooyo's modmods to function.

EDIT: As for stability, it had never crashed for me so far. I went up to Renaissance age so far in my games.

You guys that are having performance issues, do you mean gfx being choppy or the turn time/ general menu response etc...

GFX are almost always choppy with RoM (I am running a GTX275 with 1792MB). I know memory amount doesn't affect the card performance too. But come mid game RoM has always been choppy.

You guys that are having performance issues, do you mean gfx being choppy or the turn time/ general menu response etc...

GFX are almost always choppy with RoM (I am running a GTX275 with 1792MB). I know memory amount doesn't affect the card performance too. But come mid game RoM has always been choppy.

I've been running it windowed mode @ 1920x1050 on HD 4850 with everything on high and things get choppy only when turn changes initially. I have show friendly moves disabled, though.

Playing 2.8 on Monarch feels much more dynamic than before, I'd say the AI is doing much better w/ city build decisions

Top Bottom