Vichy France

Big Bad

Chieftain
Just a WWII civilization I would really like to see because of my interest in them in a mod on EU IV.

Leader: Philippe Pétain

UA: Collaborationism - May adopt tenets from ideologies different than yours or May adopt tenets from ideologies civilization that are at war with you have chosen

UU: Milice Française (Infantry) - +2 Movement (and ignore terrain costs) in friendly territories and in territory of civilizations you are spying on

UU: Latécoère 298 (Bomber) - +33% combat bonus against naval units (bonus stacks with the naval promotion every bomber can get later on)

Okay, I am definitely not good and creative at designing and balancing civilizations so if anyone could help with that, thank you.

I'm still undecided about the second UU but the 1st one should definitely stay in as Vichy France was known for its Milice Française.

City List:
Spoiler :
Vichy
Marseille
Avignon
Lyon
Ajaccio
Toulouse
Limoges
Riom
Bastia
Algiers
Tunis
Marrrakech
Oran
Bamako
Dakar
Niamey
Abidjan
Yamoussoukro
Conakri
Nouakchott
Banjul
Lomé
Yaoundé
Sfax
Gao

Alpha for civ icon:

Maybe the colour scheme could be gold on light purple?

That logo thing that shows up above the unit, for the 1st UU:
Spoiler :

background is transparent

Is anyone interested in making this a reality?

Sounds extremely niche, what about "Can Pick Policies that civilizations who are at war with you have already chosen.".

I like the design but I agree the UA could use work. Firstly, most warmongers aren't particularly cultural (therefore not having many policies - especially useful ones) so you'd have to be aggressive and declare war in the cultural players in which case, how much culture are you making to spend on policies?

I think the 'May adopt tenets from ideologies different than yours' is the best version in terms of gameplay and representing the civ but it's still very underpowered which is even worse because the entire civ is late game so I think it needs a second part to make it useful.
How about 'After following an ideology, choosing an ideological tenet allows you to adopt another for free. May adopt tenets from ideologies different than yours.

The problem I have personally is that the civilization doesn't do anything at all until it reaches modern era. That's extremely lame.
I'd go with adopting policies of your enemies and something that'd allow you to reach that goal, Culture from capturing cities or whatever.

Edit: What about "Upon Capturing an enemy Capital, adopt a Social Policy that civilization has which you haven't adopted"?

Well Vichy France was a collaborationist client state of the German Reich and Fascist Italy. It's somewhat of an absurdity that they would be adopting the policies of states that they vehemently opposed: Anti fascist and Pro-Semitic (sort of) Allied Powers.

If it had to have a UA it would be this:

Upon declaring an alliance with a Civilization you may adopt one of their Social Policies or Ideological Tenets. Earn a boost of Culture upon capturing a City of a Civilization they are at War with.

Well Vichy France was a collaborationist client state of the German Reich and Fascist Italy. It's somewhat of an absurdity that they would be adopting the policies of states that they vehemently opposed: Anti fascist and Pro-Semitic (sort of) Allied Powers.

If it had to have a UA it would be this:

Upon declaring an alliance with a Civilization you may adopt one of their Social Policies or Ideological Tenets. Earn a boost of Culture upon capturing a City of a Civilization they are at War with.
Like :goodjob:

This is getting somewhere, problem is that it's extremely easy to declare friendship with another civilization, particularly compared to earning a Social Policy.

Yeah I agree that perhaps maybe it is a bit too easy. Perhaps a defensive pact? Or maybe as mandatory requirement you have to be much less weaker in comparison to nation your allying with? Something along those lines.

A Defense Pact could be a better prerequisite, personally I've never managed to strike one during my games, so there's some difficulty to it.

Yeah I agree that perhaps maybe it is a bit too easy. Perhaps a defensive pact? Or maybe as mandatory requirement you have to be much less weaker in comparison to nation your allying with? Something along those lines.

To me it looks like the mandatory requirement of being weaker than the nation you are making a declaration of friendship is the way to go, but then it'd be better to make the UA activate only after you enter the classical era since before that most civilizations will be with only warriors and scouts. Maybe also make it that you only can get one policy/tenet once per civilization.

I don't think a defensive pact is a good idea, I personally never saw the AI making one with another AI or asking one with the human player.

I gave my own try at making an icon for Vichy France.

What do you guys think? :D

Is any of you experienced modders willing to make Vichy Frnce now?

Top Bottom