Vietnam War Infantry Series

Hi Guardian,

I don't post here much anymore but I still lurk from time to time. I've found a new home on the internet however after reading your last post I had to chime in.

I just want to say that my respect for you has gone up significantly. While I don't know the circumstances that led you to the Service I just wanted to say thank you for what you did. You seem like a good soul and I wish we had more like you in government as well as the military.

@ Guardian,
Wow! thanks. Great stories.

I agree with the autoproduction and I'm experimenting with things like 1st Infantry Division building that produces every turn and shuts off when the next advance is made...giving you about the same amount of rifle companies as was fielded at the time...maybe a few short.

Thanks for your service

Hi Guardian,

I don't post here much anymore but I still lurk from time to time. I've found a new home on the internet however after reading your last post I had to chime in.

I just want to say that my respect for you has gone up significantly. While I don't know the circumstances that led you to the Service I just wanted to say thank you for what you did. You seem like a good soul and I wish we had more like you in government as well as the military.

Thanks Moff I appreciate your comments. Frankly, I have absolutely no desire to join those politicians in Washington. We need fewer politicians and more statesmen. As my grandfather said, politicians are like bananas. They are all yellow, they are all crooked, and they hang around in bunches. If politicians fought the wars they started, there wouldn't be any wars.

Why did go? I can't remember how many times I've been asked that question. A man once said, " All that tyranny needs to succeed is, for a few good men to do nothing."

@ Guardian,
Wow! thanks. Great stories.

I agree with the autoproduction and I'm experimenting with things like 1st Infantry Division building that produces every turn and shuts off when the next advance is made...giving you about the same amount of rifle companies as was fielded at the time...maybe a few short.

Thanks for your service

I like your idea, this would also be a way to represent the rotation of the different units that served in Vietnam throughout the War which, BTW, actual began for the US in 1948 and end in 1975 when the last American soldier left SE Asia.

that is great stuff Guardian :) thanks for sharing. interesting remarks about the religious aspect. i never came across any of that in my studies. nicely put :D i did know about the territorial aspect of the arvn and their desire to stay near home etc. but not the burial part. interesting.

there was a phrase i've heard before about arvn soldiers and their rifles. an american would facetiously remark, "hey! you want an arvn rifle? never been fired and only dropped once!" :lol:

my uncle fought in I Corps w/ the USMC (battle of hue city) and he has told me stories about the koreans and how they were pretty bad-ass.

agreed 100% that the arvn SF units were far more effective than the regular arvn units.

Top Bottom