Vox Populi Wonders Expanded

Would you like to play with more Wonders in Vox Populi?

• Yes, but make all Wonders more unique and not easily obtainable

Votes: 87 70.2%
  • Yes, catch them all, the more the better

Votes: 25 20.2%
  • No, Vox Populi has enough Wonders already

Votes: 12 9.7%

• Total voters
One more thing that would be helpful and I know you are working some wih EUI and VP: many of wonders in your mod, but also in base VP has some FREE BUIDINGS like Stonegenge hase Council etc. Could you add some info in tooltip reversed to normal f.e. in Council that it is granted for free by Stonehenge, ... (rest of buildings that grant it for free on construction)?

That would be a Github feature request for main VP, since I don't think there is memory of that in the code.
(Those free buildings can be destroyed at conquest, even if the wonder remain.)

I know but before that I wanted to check @Infixo's opinion on that if it is possible. He knows EUI the best.

That would be a Github feature request for main VP, since I don't think there is memory of that in the code.
(Those free buildings can be destroyed at conquest, even if the wonder remain.)
I assume that @adan_eslavo was talking about building parameter, e.g. it is granted by X. So, it is „configuration” info, DB only. In that case it is entirely possible in UI level, using Lua only.

Maybe this will help you - one more thing I remember: I once saw this wonder but used Silver I had generated on map frm start. But still Gold requirement was shown on red on the top of its tooltip.
That is a UI quirk I am aware of. The UI checks for resources sequentialy, and displays one by one. So, the 1st may be missing, then its red, but the 2nd can be there and it stops checking.

I will explain maybe more datailed way:
If you have Stonehenge then in tooltip there's info: "Concil FREE". Now what I asked was to make similar thing in Council's tooltip but looking like: "Granted by: Stonehenge" or "If you build Stonehenge you get this building for free".

Of course if it is possible put that tooltip into VP not Wonders mod.

Also some wonder on top tech (Hunting) would be good thing. If you look there then on that line first wonder is Great Lighthouse? Or Petra if you look down. Players at the sea or: setting their city on hills without plains would have some trouble, because what they want to research are top techs of the tree. Maybe some hill/tundra one? Or Forest? Just to fill the path and to add 4th wonder at the beggining.
There's 6 wonders in Ancient Era, I didn't want to make any Era too crowdy. Also Ancient Era is most sensitive in terms of decisions. So, I've decided to add only 2 Wonders.
Where then? 2nd column already has 5 wonders. In the 1st column they have no connotation to Trapping nor Animals whatsover. I actually think Karnak fits perfectly to Wheel and then going to Petra / Pyramids. That's lilke RL confirmed :) And Nazca for Mining. Better than pastures, etc. - they had to dig them somehow.

Probably could add a 3rd Wonder to Trapping but I haven't even found one suitable for that (I am talking an actual ancient wonder). Temple of Artemis would fit, but it's already used somewhere else.

noticed that in later eras wonders have less restrictions. Can you add some to them? I would imagine game where almost all wonders have some restrictions.
Many of them are tied to ideologies, that's the restriction.

Did you plan to add something from Neolithic Wonders mod (Barnenez, New Grange, Ggantija or Skara Brae)? But more balanced than that other mod?
I simply don't think they are wonders...

@adan_eslavo
Shwedagon works. See pictures. The first is when a resource is not connected and missing policies. The second is when you can build it.

The actual problem is that you cannot test it via IGE/FireTuner.
The game keeps a link between a resource in the plot and the city, and when you add manually the resource this link is not updated. So, the resource is there, can be even improved, it adds yields, hapiness, etc. but since this link is not there, the city is not aware of that resource. And the function CanConstruct() checks for various conditions, including resources, and it always returns false. Everything is fine however, if you settle a city on an already existing resource. Which how the game normally works, so there's no actual error related to all that stuff. It's only more difficult to test as you cannot simply plop a resource into the city.

Attachments

• 20180503175647_1.jpg
    20180503175647_1.jpg
    441.8 KB · Views: 165
  • 20180503180050_1.jpg
    20180503180050_1.jpg
    385.5 KB · Views: 123
So I cannot find mod conflict using IGE. In game I played I had no IGE, and no error in log was connected to that wonder. I will try to play gain then new game, because I cleared all errors I had from other mods and will tell you what I got. Thank for help.

And what about that tooltip? Should I post appropriate thing on VP github?

I think I may have run into unintended behavior; sometimes, city states will offer a quest for a wonder in a mutually exclusive group either after I've already built one of the wonders, or they won't register the building of a wonder within the group and will keep offering that quest. Is fixing this within the scope of this mod?

Nazca Lines (the one unlocked at mining) doesn't provide food to plains as it says in description.

There's a bug where a city, that's both on coast and near lake can't build any lake wonders.

This mod adds Hollywood to the freedom.
But the reformation of world congress also has it (?)
I'm bringing this up because I'm not sure if this should be brought up or an issue?
But I was just curious...

Is Nazca Lines really worth it? Ive had a couple of plains starts and almost always my answer is - it's not. If you're in pure plains, you're screwed, as you have to start with mining, so you have to get some mining resource (copper?) available. Except you can't work it to rush wonder as you can't feed your city. In most optimal circumstances, you will end up around turn 30 with monument/shrine + Nazca Lines (which will give you 4:c5food:, 1:c5faith: at the start, maybe grow to 6:c5food:,3:c5faith: in 20 turns or so), but without any infrastructure or army. I would suggest either adding free granary to Nazca or free worker (because even with Nazca pure plains are only 2:c5food:1:c5production:)

I built a small SQL mod for preventing certain Civilisations from getting certain World Wonders that works for Vox Populi, Enlightenment Era, and Neolithic Wonders, but won't work with Vox Populi Wonders Expanded. I think that mod does wonders differently somehow. Would anyone tell me how I can fix my code so that it'll work with Vox Populi Wonders Expanded? I've been using like:

INSERT INTO Civilization_BuildingClassOverrides (CivilizationType, BuildingClassType, BuildingType) SELECT "CIVILIZATION_CHINA", "BUILDING_TAIPEI101", NULL;

Top Bottom