War Hammer 40,000 Mod

I'm not sure what the deal is these days with eldar infantry, but originaly guardians were mostly armed with lasguns, with only the more expensive dire avengers getting the more powerfull shuriken gun.
Because of the importance of Technology in a civ game, or of supply in this case, I think having the basic eldar grunts armed with the fairly puny lasgun (still better than an autogun) is a fairly good idea. Perhaps a second guardian unit could be made with shuriken guns, and some storm trooper guardians armed with hand to hand weapons to represent better equiped troopers becoming available.

The thing is I don't want the basic infantry to become obsolete, so that in the later game you only have armies made up of superheavy tanks and super weapons. In Warhammer 40K you always end up withnthe majority of armies made up of cheap and expendable (but fairy tough) infantry.

Heres what the dire avenger will look like;

Attachments

• avenger.gif
    avenger.gif
    12.5 KB · Views: 452
I think they changed the whole Eldar useing lasguns thing because Eldar are supposed to be the most techologicaly advanced race in the game while being a dieing race. Doesn't make much sence sending in their irriplacable citizens useing the WORST rifle in Warhammer. (With the exception of the autogun that you have to be playing inquisitor to see the difference.)

Well, the lasgun does have a very important advantage to many of the other weapons in the warhammer 40K universe, it doesn't need to have its amo replaced, the batery pack can be charged up from almost any source, and in an emergency can be totaly recharged by placing the powerpack in a fire (though this does hevily degrade the packs longevity). This may not be much of a difference in Warhammer 40K table top but in a civ III mod it could be quite an advantage. Imagine the difference between a guardian with a shuriken gun with values of 5/3/2 and an upkeep cost of 1 gold per turn, and a lasgun armed trooper with values of 3/3/2 but no upkeep cost. :)

Just giving you a preview of what models are complete for this huge batch of units I'm planning. What you see isn't even a quarter of what's planned ...

That funny blue colour is going to be civ-colour. I've already tested them in FLICster and the colours work very well (to be honest, I'm very suprised how well they turned out :) )

I'm using common skeletons so animating should be a breeze. I'm not going to start animating until all the models are done though, which might take 3 weeks (you don't want to see my model 'to-do' list :D )

That, Mr. Muffins, is the definition of "extrememly very cool", though he does seem to have a slight halo where the colour meets the ground.

muffins said:
What you see isn't even a quarter of what's planned ...
That means there must be over 16 planned :eek: - this is going to be like christmas again.

@ Goldflash - Any chance you could do some updatifying on the requests thread?

..Theres a... Terminator...Bolter...Rocket Launcher, Heavy Bolter...

@TGA... In a Few Hours. I hafta go to class. Like, Now.

OH SWEET JESUS! Wow. I Forsee A Predator in the Near Future...

Also, could you possibly make a Rhino with a Big Spinning Radar Dish on the Back to be used as a detector unit?

Good lord, those are exelent! :) How many polys is that dreadnought? How many textures are you using? Is the main colour just coloured poly's or is it a texture?

EDIT; Oh yeah, you may want to drop the dark blue/purple from the middle of the pallette, that's what is causing the slight halo around the units.

Smoking mirror said:
How many polys is that dreadnought? How many textures are you using? Is the main colour just coloured poly's or is it a texture?
I think the Dreadnought has a little over 7,000 vertices and the only texture is the pic on the front of the tomb casing. Everything else is just a coloured polygon.

I see what you mean with the halo. I'll have to be careful with the palette when I make the final flics or it'll cause me problems :goodjob:

these are the sort of previews that are just so wonderful it's hard to come up with a post to express how one feels at seeing them...

Mr. Do said:
these are the sort of previews that are just so wonderful it's hard to come up with a post to express how one feels at seeing them...

Agreed!!
ten characters

Man I rember when Muffins first started here damn he has come a hella long ways me I am still at square one. :goodjob:

So who are all of the civs? and a unit list so far?

Would love to help however I can.

Top Bottom